James Harden Hires Troy Payne As Agent Ahead Of Free Agency

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

James Harden Hires Troy Payne As Agent Ahead Of Free Agency 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:11 pm

James Harden has hired a full time agent for the first time since 2017 in signing with Troy Payne.

Payne is a former Adidas executive who will partner with Mike Silverman and Brandon Grier to lead Equity Basketball.

Harden declined his $47.4 million player option last summer to return to the 76ers on a two-year, $68 million with a player option for next season. Harden can become a free agent again this offseason.

Harden was previously represented by Rob Pelinka, who departed the agency side of the business to work in the front office of the Los Angeles Lakers. Harden then was represented by Brandon Rosenthal.

When Harden requested a trade from the Rockets in 2020, he retained Jason Ranne and Chafie Fields of Wasserman to help facilitate his eventual move to the Brooklyn Nets in January 2021. 

Via Shams Charania/The Athletic

rocketsfan100
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,350

Re: James Harden Hires Troy Payne As Agent Ahead Of Free Agency 

Post#2 » by rocketsfan100 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:16 pm

Smart. He is playing well again so he need to maximise his last big contract
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,458

Post#3 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:21 am

This is a massive storyline!!!!! I remember the other time when Harden hired Bagger Vance to be his caddy for a golf tournament. I mean...Not only did Bagger Vance help Harden's golf game, but he also taught him that every man must put the past behind him. Big time RealGM news here! HUGE!
cam24thomas
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,166

Post#4 » by cam24thomas » Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:22 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:This is a massive storyline!!!!! I remember the other time when Harden hired Bagger Vance to be his caddy for a golf tournament. I mean...Not only did Bagger Vance help Harden's golf game, but he also taught him that every man must put the past behind him. Big time RealGM news here! HUGE!

Life is like a box of chocolates :D
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 515

Post#5 » by TheCage4 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:58 pm

Payne's main task is to find the cities with the best strip clubs :wink:
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore

Return to Wiretap Discussion