Joel Embiid 'Not Sure' On Playing All-Star Game Due To Left Foot Soreness

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Joel Embiid 'Not Sure' On Playing All-Star Game Due To Left Foot Soreness 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:43 am

Joel Embiid said he wasn't sure whether he would participate in this weekend's All-Star Game due to left foot soreness.

"I'm not sure. I'm not healthy. I haven't been healthy for the past three weeks, or month. I was just trying to get to the All-Star break without missing games and stuff.

"But I feel like I've reached the point where I need to follow the doctor's advice ... back then he said I should have been sitting for two weeks, so we'll see how the next few days go, and go from there," said Embiid after getting 29 points and 14 rebounds in a win over the Cavs on Wednesday night.

Embiid was questionable against the Cavs with the injury.

Embiid added that his focus was on winning a title.

"Like I said, the focus is on winning, especially getting ready for the second half of the season and the playoffs. I'm focused on winning a championship. If that helps me get there healthy, then that's what I'm going to do. I'm just going to see how it goes."

Via Tim Bontemps/ESPN

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,423

Re: Joel Embiid 'Not Sure' On Playing All-Star Game Due To Left Foot Soreness 

Post#2 » by Revived » Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:03 pm

He should tell them he’s not gonna play then so they can name an injury alternate have someone else deserving also get the opportunity to be an All Star.
elmdawgg69
Veteran
And1: 78

Re: Joel Embiid 'Not Sure' On Playing All-Star Game Due To Left Foot Soreness 

Post#3 » by elmdawgg69 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:19 pm

Harden will replace him.

Return to Wiretap Discussion