Clippers Open Conversations With Russell Westbrook

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Clippers Open Conversations With Russell Westbrook  

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:44 am

The Los Angeles Clippers have opened conversations with Russell Westbrook about potentially signing with the team should he get bought out by the Utah Jazz, sources told Law Murray and Shams Charania of The Athletic.

The Jazz have given Westbrook permission to talk to teams around the league about having a larger role. 

Other interested teams include the Heat, Bulls, and Wizards

Via Shams Charania/The Athletic

hoopsinthesky
Ballboy
And1: 9

Re: Clippers Open Conversations With Russell Westbrook 

Post#2 » by hoopsinthesky » Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:26 am

russ deserves to be happy in my opinion. hope it works out. really like this guy and can’t imagine the scrutiny of being under the lebron light. saying this as a lebron fan. big big love to Westbrook.
cfour6
Ballboy
And1: 10

Post#3 » by cfour6 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:24 pm

hoopsinthesky wrote:russ deserves to be happy in my opinion. hope it works out. really like this guy and can’t imagine the scrutiny of being under the lebron light. saying this as a lebron fan. big big love to Westbrook.

agreed!
purpleswordfish
Rookie
And1: 540

Post#4 » by purpleswordfish » Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:13 am

hoopsinthesky wrote:russ deserves to be happy in my opinion. hope it works out. really like this guy and can’t imagine the scrutiny of being under the lebron light. saying this as a lebron fan. big big love to Westbrook.

He belongs on a lottery team where he can chase numbers at the detriment of his team's win/loss record. That's all he's ever been, a stat chaser. He'd be perfect on a tanking team where staring down a first or second year player for stealing his rebounds will be accepted.

One of the most overrated players in modern basketball. He'd be a detriment to the Clippers.

Return to Wiretap Discussion