Russell Westbrook To Sign With Clippers After Buyout From Jazz

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Russell Westbrook To Sign With Clippers After Buyout From Jazz 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:46 pm

Russell Westbrook will sign with the LA Clippers for the remainder of the season. Westbrook negotiated a buyout with the Utah Jazz, after a deadline deal from the Los Angeles Lakers.

The Clippers were looking for point guard depth, after trading both Reggie Jackson and John Wall in deadline day moves. LA added Bones Hyland at the trade deadline, but wanted another veteran option on the roster.

Westbrook averaged 15.9 points, 6.2 rebounds and 7.5 assists in 28.7 minutes per game off the Lakers bench. Clippers All-Star Paul George campaigned for his team to add Westbrook on the buyout market. George and Westbrook were teammates on the Oklahoma City Thunder for two seasons from 2017 to 2019.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

hoopsinthesky
Ballboy
And1: 9

Re: Russell Westbrook To Sign With Clippers After Buyout From Jazz 

Post#2 » by hoopsinthesky » Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:32 pm

i want LA redemption for him badly…. will he get it…. probably no? but i want it !
Temuhjan
Sixth Man
And1: 321

Post#3 » by Temuhjan » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:26 pm

Russ needs to have the ball in his hands and be surrounded by shooters in order to be effective. I am glad this is the circumstance greeting him cross town with the Clippers. It will be fun!
Elnegron
Rookie
And1: 370

Post#4 » by Elnegron » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:39 pm

When Westbrook start balling, first thing bronsexuals will point out is why he didnt play like that on the lakers. If u look at every 3rd wheel, LeMeFirst has killed all of them.
napdash
Sophomore
And1: 14

Post#5 » by napdash » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:46 pm

Just have fun, win lose or draw lol
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,272

Post#6 » by DoItALL9 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:00 pm

Temuhjan wrote:Russ needs to have the ball in his hands and be surrounded by shooters in order to be effective. I am glad this is the circumstance greeting him cross town with the Clippers. It will be fun!
Initially, seemed like the least entertaining landing spot to see Russ be Russ but after reading your post, maybe not!

Chicago or DC would've been my first picks to see him thrive.

I did think LAC would be the pick only because of off the court reasons though.

Sent from my LM-G710 using RealGM mobile app
delsol650
Sixth Man
And1: 61

Post#7 » by delsol650 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:21 pm

If Westbrick becomes a 6th man, it would be his best area. Not enough ball to play in starting line up with Kahwi, PG13 all ball needing players to be effective.

Also look at the other guards that need the ball, Bones, EG,

This will be interesting to see... be it redemption for Westbrick on continuation of the death march of every team that he went to

YourGM99
Junior
And1: 61

Post#8 » by YourGM99 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:47 pm

delsol650 wrote:If Westbrick becomes a 6th man, it would be his best area. Not enough ball to play in starting line up with Kahwi, PG13 all ball needing players to be effective.

This will be interesting to see... be it redemption for Westbrick on continuation of the death march of every team that he went to

Paul George, Bradley Beal, and Lebron all had their best scoring seasons playing with Westbrook. Nonetheless, it will be interesting to see who falls out of the clippers rotation with the addition of Westbrook. They have a lot guards on their team; Westbrook, Mann, Bones, EG, PG, and Powell.
POLI
Sophomore
And1: 93

Post#9 » by POLI » Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:50 pm

Temuhjan wrote:Russ needs to have the ball in his hands and be surrounded by shooters in order to be effective. I am glad this is the circumstance greeting him cross town with the Clippers. It will be fun!

He could be effective when playing with Morris, Kennard, Batum and whoever so they can shoot off Westbrick's passes inside out.
Defending the Clippers could be really tough to play against, with Westbrick, George, Leonard and then two bigs.
The three aformentioned pemimeter players will be difficult to surpass.
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Post#10 » by MitchB3 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:31 am

These players are either really stupid or stupidly loyal to Russ because ain't no way.
Hans1984
Pro Prospect
And1: 317

Post#11 » by Hans1984 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:12 pm

They've already got way too many players who need the ball in their hands. I don't get it.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,077

Post#12 » by Laimbeer » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:12 pm

Hans1984 wrote:They've already got way too many players who need the ball in their hands. I don't get it.

Nah. LeBron is basically a point guard. Kawhi and George do less creating. Westbrook is a better fit with the Clips. George knows his game from OKC and had his best season with him. Also, Kawhi and Geroge aren't as big of personalities as LeBron and Westbrook.

Will it be a success? Stay tuned.
Hans1984
Pro Prospect
And1: 317

Post#13 » by Hans1984 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:16 pm

Laimbeer wrote:
Hans1984 wrote:They've already got way too many players who need the ball in their hands. I don't get it.

Nah. LeBron is basically a point guard. Kawhi and George do less creating. Westbrook is a better fit with the Clips. George knows his game from OKC. Will it be a success? Stay tuned.

What about the bench with Mann and Hyland ? I don't see him fitting with those guys at all.
Laimbeer
RealGM

Post#14 » by Laimbeer » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:22 pm

Hans1984 wrote:
Laimbeer wrote:

Nah. LeBron is basically a point guard. Kawhi and George do less creating. Westbrook is a better fit with the Clips. George knows his game from OKC. Will it be a success? Stay tuned.

What about the bench with Mann and Hyland ? I don't see him fitting with those guys at all.

Those guys aren't point guards, either. The Clips have been duct taping that position. But I'm thinking Westbrook may start and/or play significant minutes with the first unit.
Laimbeer
RealGM

Post#15 » by Laimbeer » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:25 pm

Elnegron wrote:When Westbrook start balling, first thing bronsexuals will point out is why he didnt play like that on the lakers. If u look at every 3rd wheel, LeMeFirst has killed all of them.

Chris Bosh and Kevin Love fit fine with LeBron and won titles.
haste10176
Bench Warmer
And1: 142

Post#16 » by haste10176 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:36 pm

Laimbeer wrote:
Hans1984 wrote:
Laimbeer wrote:

Those guys aren't point guards, either. The Clips have been duct taping that position. But I'm thinking Westbrook may start and/or play significant minutes with the first unit.

If westbrick plays significant minutes or close games say good night clippers they certainly have better 3 pt shooting and far better depth than the lakers but Russ still sucks cant shoot and is a turnover machine that will hurt you not help you good luck clippers your ganna need it
haste10176
Bench Warmer

Post#17 » by haste10176 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:38 pm

YourGM99 wrote:
delsol650 wrote:If Westbrick becomes a 6th man, it would be his best area. Not enough ball to play in starting line up with Kahwi, PG13 all ball needing players to be effective.

Paul George, Bradley Beal, and Lebron all had their best scoring seasons playing with Westbrook. Nonetheless, it will be interesting to see who falls out of the clippers rotation with the addition of Westbrook. They have a lot guards on their team; Westbrook, Mann, Bones, EG, PG, and Powell.

Negative Lebron had scored more ppg
haste10176
Bench Warmer

Post#18 » by haste10176 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:38 pm

napdash wrote:Just have fun, win lose or draw lol

And there ganna lose or cut bait haha
SkynMan
Sophomore
And1: 24

Post#19 » by SkynMan » Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:43 pm

Stupid. I wish more NBA players made more basketball decisions instead of lifestyle ones. He should've signed with Miami

Return to Wiretap Discussion