Ja Morant Investigated By Colorado Police For Gun Incident

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Ja Morant Investigated By Colorado Police For Gun Incident 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Mar 6, 2023 10:28 pm

Police in Colorado are investigating Ja Morant after he posted an Instagram Live video in which he displayed what appeared to be a gun while at a nightclub.

The Glendale Police Department confirmed the incident took place at a bar in Glendale.

A source told ESPN it happened at Shotgun Willie's, which bills itself as a "gentleman's club."

NBA rules prohibit a player from possessing a firearm while on team property or traveling on team business. In the video livestreamed by Morant, it is not clear whether he is intoxicated, but others are shown drinking.

Via Ramona Shelburne, Liz Merrill/ESPN

LakersLegacy
Head Coach
And1: 3,869

Re: Ja Morant Investigated By Colorado Police For Gun Incident 

Post#2 » by LakersLegacy » Mon Mar 6, 2023 11:23 pm

Guns, physical fights with a minor, and threats to Pacers employees with lasers possibly mounted to guns is as bad or worse than what Kyrie did

Ja took Kyries Nike contract then did all that
DimesandKnicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,626

Post#3 » by DimesandKnicks » Tue Mar 7, 2023 2:58 am

LakersLegacy wrote:Guns, physical fights with a minor, and threats to Pacers employees with lasers possibly mounted to guns is as bad or worse than what Kyrie did

Corporations have no problem endorsing black men celebrating death culture…Kyrie “stepped out of his place”.
Guy
Sixth Man
And1: 356

Post#4 » by Guy » Tue Mar 7, 2023 3:43 am

Ja reminds me of if Derrick Rose gave into the hood and social skills of more than negative -10.
Raptors Board

Lord_Zedd wrote:That was the best worst game I've ever seen in a long time.

The Bulls are forever our fathers
tigerae
Rookie
And1: 233

Post#5 » by tigerae » Tue Mar 7, 2023 5:20 am

LakersLegacy wrote:Guns, physical fights with a minor, and threats to Pacers employees with lasers possibly mounted to guns is as bad or worse than what Kyrie did

This is an ongoing investigation and other than the video, there is no proof, at least not yet, on the fight and threat to the minor. The Pacers employees was not him but people he knew I believe.

He definitely has the wrong people around and at the very least has done some really stupid stuff recently.

Nike took a month before dropping Kyrie and that was because Kyrie did not really apologize for his actions. Plus, he had other questionable issues in his past. His agent also said the separation was mutual, which it could have been. Maybe Nike wanted him to do certain things, like a real public apology, and Kyrie refused. Who knows.

I'm sure if Ja is found guilty or more evidence comes out Nike will drop him as well. Remember they stuck with Kobe as well since there was no conviction.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,933

Post#6 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue Mar 7, 2023 6:53 am

Just keeps getting worse!
Gooner
Head Coach
And1: 5,414

Post#7 » by Gooner » Tue Mar 7, 2023 9:26 am

No, this is much worse than anything Kyrie did. Kyrie is not a criminal.
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,215

Post#8 » by J-Mezzy » Tue Mar 7, 2023 12:27 pm

I’m not as down on Kyrie as everyone else

But Nike dropping him was a culmination of a long list of laundry.

Having said that, I’m not so sure they are enjoying their relationship with Ja who seems to want to be an idiot. It is one thing to be a thug and try to hide it and sometimes **** will happen that will get you in trouble. This kind of guys you can work with because at least they care about their public image.

Another thing is to embrace it and want the whole world to see you as a thug whether you are one or not. This type of guys are hopeless since they seem to think acting this way makes them cool and will not stop
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Post#9 » by MitchB3 » Tue Mar 7, 2023 1:12 pm

J-Mezzy wrote:I’m not as down on Kyrie as everyone else

Having said that, I’m not so sure they are enjoying their relationship with Ja who seems to want to be an idiot. It is one thing to be a thug and try to hide it and sometimes **** will happen that will get you in trouble. This kind of guys you can work with because at least they care about their public image.

Another thing is to embrace it and want the whole world to see you as a thug whether you are one or not. This type of guys are hopeless since they seem to think acting this way makes them cool and will not stop

What was Kyrie's "long of laundry."
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#10 » by Wildcat » Tue Mar 7, 2023 2:18 pm

People still defending Kyrie is the height of hilarity.
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,960

Post#11 » by shakes0 » Tue Mar 7, 2023 2:25 pm

Wildcat wrote:People still defending Kyrie is the height of hilarity.

no surprise, anti-semitism these day is at the highest level it's been since Germany in the 1930s.
puja21
Bench Warmer
And1: 187

Post#12 » by puja21 » Tue Mar 7, 2023 2:39 pm

Funny but also alarming/concerning.
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,215

Post#13 » by J-Mezzy » Tue Mar 7, 2023 2:41 pm

MitchB3 wrote:
J-Mezzy wrote:I’m not as down on Kyrie as everyone else

What was Kyrie's "long of laundry."

Taking personal time off in Brooklyn
Then the whole vaccine issue

Not to count his reputation had taken a hit with his exit from Boston

Kyrie had a bad rep long before he supported that film
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
shakes0
Assistant Coach

Post#14 » by shakes0 » Tue Mar 7, 2023 3:14 pm

what nick do we like better?

Ja Warrant

Ig Norant

Might need a poll for this.
RipCityKJ
Senior
And1: 205

Post#15 » by RipCityKJ » Tue Mar 7, 2023 3:52 pm

Gooner wrote:

No, this is much worse than anything Kyrie did. Kyrie is not a criminal.

Exactly he’s just extremely stupid and there’s nothing illegal about stupidity, otherwise 99% of our country would be behind bars.
RipCityKJ
Senior
And1: 205

Post#16 » by RipCityKJ » Tue Mar 7, 2023 4:21 pm

shakes0 wrote:

no surprise, anti-semitism these day is at the highest level it's been since Germany in the 1930s.

Tell that to a Palestinian if you can find one that Israel hasn’t surprised or killed in the name of Judaism. Is a billion dollars in aid a month to Israel to help them kill Muslims considered anti-Semitic? I’ll never understand how the Jews could survive the holocaust only to go on to support genocide in Syria, Yemen, Omen, Lebanon, all while performing their own eradication of all Palestinians by stealing their land, killing their people and encamping the reaming few, it’s a whole new level of hypocrisy!
sjballer03
Rookie
And1: 1,045

Post#17 » by sjballer03 » Tue Mar 7, 2023 4:45 pm

shakes0 wrote:what nick do we like better?

Ja Warrant

Ig Norant

Tough call, but I'll go with Ja Warrant.
Thechicagorilla
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#18 » by Thechicagorilla » Tue Mar 7, 2023 5:10 pm

shakes0 wrote:what nick do we like better?

Ja Warrant

Ig Norant

Ja warrant for sure
shakes0
Assistant Coach

Post#19 » by shakes0 » Tue Mar 7, 2023 5:35 pm

RipCityKJ wrote:
shakes0 wrote:

Tell that to a Palestinian if you can find one that Israel hasn’t surprised or killed in the name of Judaism. Is a billion dollars in aid a month to Israel to help them kill Muslims considered anti-Semitic? I’ll never understand how the Jews could survive the holocaust only to go on to support genocide in Syria, Yemen, Omen, Lebanon, all while performing their own eradication of all Palestinians by stealing their land, killing their people and encamping the reaming few, it’s a whole new level of hypocrisy!

anti-semitism 101 on display in this post.

Jews sure did learn a lot from WW2, such as that we need to defend ourselves at all costs. Israel has every right to defend themselves by any means necessary since they are surrounded on 3 sides by enemies who want nothing more than for all Jews to cease to exist. Palestine's ruling government body's sole stated purpose is to push Israel into the sea. You better believe Israel is going to defend itself from such terrorists.

Never ceases to amaze me how people always single out Israel as the place that shouldn't be allowed to defend itself rather than focus on the 100s of other countries currently defending themselves. Makes me wonder why those people single out Israel? Hmm, wonder why that is???
sfernald
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,259

Post#20 » by sfernald » Tue Mar 7, 2023 5:45 pm

This is really smart: Colorado law enforcement can help get rid of one of the Nugget's biggest competitors in the Western Conference! And don't believe for one second they aren't beyond planting evidence.

My experience with Colorado law enforcement is that they are corrupt and hate outsiders of Colorado especially Californians so I honestly would not put this past em. **** you, Montrose police!

Return to Wiretap Discussion