Steve Kerr: Warriors Showed 'Championship Stuff' Beating Bucks

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Steve Kerr: Warriors Showed 'Championship Stuff' Beating Bucks 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:02 pm

The Golden State Warriors have lost eight straight games on the road while extending their home winning streak to seven games with their comeback win in overtime over the Milwaukee Bucks on Saturday.

"Championship stuff," Steve Kerr said about how the Warriors closed the game. "That is the team that won four titles. They know how to do it. They got it done tonight against probably the best team in the league."

The Warriors had a 13-point lead in the third quarter but squandered it and were down eight with two minutes left in the fourth.

"It's the challenge of bringing execution and focus," Curry said. "Even when things aren't going your way -- that fourth quarter when they take an eight-point lead -- and you slowly walk them down, that's the belief you have to have that we can do."

Via Kendra Andrews/ESPN

haste10176
Bench Warmer
And1: 142

Re: Steve Kerr: Warriors Showed 'Championship Stuff' Beating Bucks 

Post#2 » by haste10176 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:27 pm

Correct me if I am wrong but Giannis did not play
Ezlaif
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#3 » by Ezlaif » Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:50 pm

haste10176 wrote:Correct me if I am wrong but Giannis did not play

Nothing to correct there.
Apparently beating a team without their best player (arguably the best player in the game nontheless) at Home in overtime is championship stuff.
Kerr is grasping at straws right now.
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#4 » by cheese318 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:09 pm

Ezlaif wrote:
haste10176 wrote:Correct me if I am wrong but Giannis did not play

Nothing to correct there.
Apparently beating a team without their best player (arguably the best player in the game nontheless) at Home in overtime is championship stuff.
Kerr is grasping at straws right now.

Championship execution with the opposing team missing the best player in the NBA. That should have been a much easier game for GSW at home. Being up 13 in the 3rd and squandering the lead is not a good luck but I guess Steve Kerr wants to have a grass is always greener aspect in pulling out a much needed win in the tightly contested Western Conference playoffs. If GA is playing they probably lose this game by double digits. They really need Wiggins back badly. Not sure this is a title contending team but can they put it all together at the right time I guess I would not be surprised if they make a bit of run/noise in the first round. Curious if DEN/SAC has to play either LAL/GSW what team they would prefer in the 1st round. Both are going to be tough outs if LAL's defense continues to get better and they stay healthy when LBJ comes back. Lots of if's in that statement but I think landing in the #3/#4 spot might be a safer journey especially if that can avoid LAL/GSW & LAC in the 1st round
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 56,594

Post#5 » by bisme37 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:46 pm

I'm surprised Kerr says stuff like this. The Warriors are the defending champs and one of the best and most winning cores in NBA history. The season they're having is a huge disappointment, the road record is terrible, effort hasn't been consistent, etc etc. Nothing about that is "championship stuff."

Then they win a game at home in OT vs a team without their MVP candidate and Kerr is gassing his team up like they're a bunch of rookies and need a vote of confidence. It just doesn't have the ring of truth to it and I don't know why he can't tell it like it is. He sounds like a fan here instead of a coach.

Sorry for the rant, Dubs friends. I'm legit annoyed lol.

Return to Wiretap Discussion