Andrew Wiggins To Return To Warriors This Week

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Andrew Wiggins To Return To Warriors This Week 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Apr 3, 2023 4:53 pm

Andrew Wiggins is nearing a return to the Golden State Warriors and is expected back this week.

Wiggins has missed 21 games attending to a family matter.

Wiggins was the Warriors' second best player at certain points of last year's playoffs.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

elmdawgg69
Veteran
And1: 81

Re: Andrew Wiggins To Return To Warriors This Week 

Post#2 » by elmdawgg69 » Mon Apr 3, 2023 6:06 pm

I called that he had an ailing family member. I knew the rumors about his baby momma cheating on him with his best friends were false. I mean, maybe that happened, but that’s not a reason to miss two months.
RipCityKJ
Senior
And1: 205

Post#3 » by RipCityKJ » Mon Apr 3, 2023 6:54 pm

elmdawgg69 wrote:I called that he had an ailing family member. I knew the rumors about his baby momma cheating on him with his best friends were false. I mean, maybe that happened, but that’s not a reason to miss two months.

He should sue the guy that started the rumor, I feel bad he had that crap spread throughout the internet while he’s dealing with a family emergency.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,083

Post#4 » by Twinkie defense » Mon Apr 3, 2023 9:49 pm

Welcome back, Wiggs!
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 3,154

Post#5 » by Darthlukey » Mon Apr 3, 2023 10:10 pm

RipCityKJ wrote:
elmdawgg69 wrote:I called that he had an ailing family member. I knew the rumors about his baby momma cheating on him with his best friends were false. I mean, maybe that happened, but that’s not a reason to miss two months.

He should sue the guy that started the rumor, I feel bad he had that crap spread throughout the internet while he’s dealing with a family emergency.

Its his own private business and he should be able to keep it that way in an ideal world, but its not an ideal world and he lives in the public spotlight. A quick media announcement that he was caring for a sick family member would have removed the speculation and ridiculous rumours. Again, he shouldnt have to but thats not the world we live in.
kalel123
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,010

Post#6 » by kalel123 » Tue Apr 4, 2023 12:09 am

Darthlukey wrote:
RipCityKJ wrote:

Its his own private business and he should be able to keep it that way in an ideal world, but its not an ideal world and he lives in the public spotlight. A quick media announcement that he was caring for a sick family member would have removed the speculation and ridiculous rumours. Again, he shouldnt have to but thats not the world we live in.

This. I don't know why tending to ailing family member has to be some kind of big secret. Not like it's not going to come out eventually. Keep it short and nip the s#!t in the bud.

At the same time, the whole situation just reeks of weirdness either way.
Clay Davis
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,695

Post#7 » by Clay Davis » Tue Apr 4, 2023 1:14 am

Darthlukey wrote:
RipCityKJ wrote:

While he could have dealed with it decisively, it points to this weird thing with professional sports: it's an unhealthy level of investment in these athlete's lives that causes people to rumour-monger... however, would professional sports be as lucrative if people didn't have an unhealthy level of obsession with it? :lol:
Steelo Green wrote:People are expecting way too much from Barnes out of the get go. He is a project player who will need 2-3 years before he makes a major impact.

Return to Wiretap Discussion