Luka Doncic Following Spurs Loss To End Season: 'I'm Happy Here'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Luka Doncic Following Spurs Loss To End Season: 'I'm Happy Here' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:32 am

Luka Doncic reiterated his long-term commitment to the Dallas Mavericks following their 138-117 loss to the San Antonio Spurs to close out the season.

"I'm happy here, so there's nothing to worry [about]," said Doncic after the game.

ESPN reported earlier in the weekend that the Mavs feared Doncic requesting a trade as early as 2024.

"Something's got to change, for sure. I mean, last year we went to Western Conference finals. We were having fun. I always talk about the chemistry we had. It was great. But something's got to change for sure," added Doncic. 

The Mavs finished 38-44 on the season, representing Doncic's first losing record since his rookie season. 

Doncic did acknowledge his frustration with the losing season, along with difficulties in his personal life. 

Via Tim MacMahon/ESPN

lettucepray
Ballboy
And1: 10

Re: Luka Doncic Following Spurs Loss To End Season: 'I'm Happy Here' 

Post#2 » by lettucepray » Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:35 pm

Where all of Luka's fanboys now? This guy can't even carry LeBron's jockstrap. No leadership skills, stat padding whiner
haste10176
Bench Warmer
And1: 142

Post#3 » by haste10176 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:21 pm

[quote="lettucepray"]Where all of Luka's fanboys now? This guy can't even carry LeBron's jockstrap. No leadership skills, stat padding

Luka isnt a stat padder he has performed great in the playoffs and never had a great team he isnt in Lebrons league though thats just silly.. I do also think people who put Luka over jokic are insane but Luka is still one of the best players in the NBA
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#4 » by Barcs » Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:11 pm

Either The GM is gone this year or Luka is. Make your choice, Mark Cuban.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#5 » by HiRez » Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:40 pm

Cuban should have seen this coming a year ago at least. Maybe the Kyrie trade was an attempt to do something about it, but it was a poor option. Doncic isn't blameless either but really the Mavs org has got to do better.
Charlesareed
Sixth Man
And1: 707

Post#6 » by Charlesareed » Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:43 pm

Barcs wrote:Either The GM is gone this year or Luka is. Make your choice, Mark Cuban.

I think he stays 1 more seasons then he’s gone if no changes are made asap
Chicago Raised me
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,500

Post#7 » by The Laker Kid » Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:57 pm

Future Laker. He will love all the Korean BBQ and Mexican food here
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
lettucepray
Ballboy

Post#8 » by lettucepray » Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:11 pm

lettucepray wrote:Where all of Luka's fanboys now? This guy can't even carry LeBron's jockstrap. No leadership skills, stat padding whiner

He's talented as an individual but he has a lazy mindset. I haven't seen him add much to his game and I am not seeing a winning attitude. In my eyes he is 100% a stat padder. Hopefully he proves me wrong but he's just after a check as far as I'm concerned.
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 7,574

Post#9 » by Knick4Real » Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:20 pm

Luka is crazy talented, but I haven't seen him make others around him better. He's an iso machine and everybody pretty much stands around and lets him do him.

Also, what's up with his personal life??
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#10 » by El Hespiritu » Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:29 pm

Knick4Real wrote:Luka is crazy talented, but I haven't seen him make others around him better. He's an iso machine and everybody pretty much stands around and lets him do him.

Also, what's up with his personal life??

Some legal issues into the family.
There's a trial running because some trade-mark stuff against his mother
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
YourGM99
Junior
And1: 61

Post#11 » by YourGM99 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:04 pm

They have made some horrible decisions as it relates to free agency, trades, etc. If Kyrie decides not to resign they will be even further limited on talent and assets. I don’t see Luka sticking around much longer. I wonder if Luka will get the same hate as lebron received when he left the Cavs?
balla4lyf23
Sophomore
And1: 97

Post#12 » by balla4lyf23 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:15 pm

lettucepray wrote:Where all of Luka's fanboys now? This guy can't even carry LeBron's jockstrap. No leadership skills, stat padding whiner

always that one guy who has to make it about James for no reason
JKiddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 321

Post#13 » by JKiddy » Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:25 pm

As coach of the Mavs and a former player on both the Mavs and Nets, it makes sense for Luka to go to BK. I don't think it happens until 2024-25 though.
napdash
Sophomore
And1: 14

Post#14 » by napdash » Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:29 pm

If there's one aspect of LeBron's game Luka should look to implement, its his composure. Luka gets so worked into a frenzy over every little thing he never finds any balance.
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Post#15 » by Tom White » Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:56 pm

napdash wrote:If there's one aspect of LeBron's game Luka should look to implement, its his composure. Luka gets so worked into a frenzy over every little thing he never finds any balance.

HA! As if Lebron doesn't bitch and cry every time a call goes against him. Hardly an example setter in those regards.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,109

Post#16 » by ozwizard8 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:20 pm

Luka had great chemistry with Brunson, DFS, Boban, Dinwiddie, Seth...
Now all gone. Brunson and Luka had pretty good off court banters.

Any team Kyrie comes become toxic. It is well documented. Everywhere he goes, the bench becomes visibly depressed. There will be some players supporting Kyrie, doing the PR work. The fact does not change. His teammates look unhappy, teams tank with Kyrie.
lettucepray
Ballboy

Post#17 » by lettucepray » Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:38 pm

balla4lyf23 wrote:

always that one guy who has to make it about James for no reason

Well it's natural to measure a superstar against the greatest player of a generation. The common narrative with Luka is his that his potential for greatness puts him in these conversations with the legends when they were the same age.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dallasnews.com/sports/mavericks/2022/05/03/mavs-playoff-scoring-machine-luka-doncic-may-be-more-comparable-to-michael-jordan-than-youd-imagine/%3foutputType=amp
As an example

Comparing him to Jokic or Giannis now wouldn't be fair since he's so far away from them as a complete player at this stage.

Realgm is full of bs hot takes, he just has empty stats and knows how to fill a box score for money but not win anything without another leader on the floor.
DoctorDunc
Junior
And1: 45

Post#18 » by DoctorDunc » Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:14 pm

Something has to change all right, it’s called Luka. What a loser he is. He gets consulted on trades and coddled on organizational decisions but he sits like a good boy when told to tank with a playoff spot at stake! This is different than tanking for a top 4 pick on a rebuild. This is an overrated “star” with a competitive drive deficit. He’s the guy that is supposed to rally the troops and tell the organization, “screw that ,we are here to win”. None of those players know if they will ever have another shot at the playoffs, injuries, short careers, things happen including low seeds beating top seeds. Then you have the trickledown of Tim Hardaway playing the party line trying to explain away his father’s VERY Accurate remarks on lack of leadership. Mavs are a disgrace and an absolute embarrassment for the NBA. Tank to miss the playoffs? Really? The NBA has protected FRPs trading all over the place. The NBA embraces the sports betting world as its new revenues source. Fans bought tickets to a game looking for a must win performance. The integrity of the league is based on the assumption that teams try to win games. Luka the Loser owns it.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#19 » by Pachinko_ » Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:58 am

Geez
Of all the things that go wrong on that team, you guys have to pick on the one thing that actually goes well, which is having a superstar. He's not superstar enough, he should be more superstar.
Never mind we're letting go of the second best player for nothing, losing the best defender, not having a proper big, or a proper coach, or an experienced GM, all those things are perfectly fine LOL
You guys are weird.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#20 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:10 am

ozwizard8 wrote:Luka had great chemistry with Brunson, DFS, Boban, Dinwiddie, Seth...
Now all gone. Brunson and Luka had pretty good off court banters.

Any team Kyrie comes become toxic. It is well documented. Everywhere he goes, the bench becomes visibly depressed. There will be some players supporting Kyrie, doing the PR work. The fact does not change. His teammates look unhappy, teams tank with Kyrie.

I think losing Brunson hurt them more than anyone thought it would. But the fix was in on that! Getting him to the Knicks was pre-ordained.

Return to Wiretap Discussion