Draymond Green Believes He Injured Right Ankle When Grabbed By Domantas Sabonis

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 294

Draymond Green Believes He Injured Right Ankle When Grabbed By Domantas Sabonis 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:29 pm

Golden State Warriors forward Draymond Green asked for an x-ray after his team's Game 2 loss to the Sacramento Kings. Green believes his right ankle was injured when Domantas Sabonis grabbed his leg during a scramble in the middle of the fourth quarter of Game 2.

After the Warriors came up with a loose rebound, Sabonis fell to the floor. He initially grabbed Green's right leg. When Green shook his leg loose, he stepped on Sabonis' midsection/chest area and pushed off.

Sabonis was assessed a technical foul for grabbing Green. Green was given a Flagrant 2 foul and ejected from the game. It's unknown if the NBA will levy any further punishment from the incident.

Green indicated he felt soreness in his right ankle, which he believes was caused by Sabonis grabbing it. The results of that x-ray are unknown at this time.

Via Marc J. Spears/Andscape

OogaBooga
Freshman
And1: 17

Re: Draymond Green Believes He Injured Right Ankle When Grabbed By Domantas Sabonis 

Post#2 » by OogaBooga » Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:36 pm

Every play off green does **** like this. Give this guy an actual punishment . Wait that won't happen cuz the NBA only really cares about ratings and this drama gets views.
lettucepray
Ballboy
And1: 10

Re: Draymond Green Believes He Injured Right Ankle When Grabbed By Domantas Sabonis 

Post#3 » by lettucepray » Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:37 pm

Warriors PR department working overtime. Why didn't anyone call him out for sitting on Sabonis and putting his ass in his face in the 4th.

At the end of the day Kerr is getting outcoached and the changing of the guard has never been more beautiful.
Ticket
Rookie
And1: 1,423

Post#4 » by Ticket » Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:39 pm

Green indicated he felt soreness in his right ankle, which he believes was caused by Sabonis grabbing it.

You can't make this stuff up :lol:
One day Leon Powe and I were cracking up on Eddie House’s tattoo.…[Garnett] was like, ‘C’mon, Scal, it’s time to rock! What the ‘F’ are you doing?’ And I was like, ‘You know what? You’re right. It is time to rock.’ – Brian Scalabrine
Yacky
Freshman
And1: 25

Post#5 » by Yacky » Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:42 pm

This replayed 20+ times, I definitely didn't see Sabonis grab his ankle. I did see Dryamond stomp Sabonis ribs and then use Sabonis core to jump off of. I'll be shocked if there isn't at least a 1 game suspension for this.
Medbrat
Senior
And1: 778

Post#6 » by Medbrat » Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:03 pm

Yeah, nah, you're a scumbag.
nocomingnogoing
Freshman
And1: 9

Post#7 » by nocomingnogoing » Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:04 pm

Like lebron play some years ago, a smart but ethically crappy move by sabonis to rid the warriors of their best defender and a key driver of their flow offense. The warriors odds at winning went way down after sabonis duped draymond into that ejection.
YourGM99
Junior
And1: 63

Post#8 » by YourGM99 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:20 pm

Yacky wrote:This replayed 20+ times, I definitely didn't see Sabonis grab his ankle. I did see Dryamond stomp Sabonis ribs and then use Sabonis core to jump off of. I'll be shocked if there isn't at least a 1 game suspension for this.

I encourage you to visit your nearest optometrist.
irish22022
Senior
And1: 517

Post#9 » by irish22022 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:22 pm

Yacky wrote:This replayed 20+ times, I definitely didn't see Sabonis grab his ankle. I did see Dryamond stomp Sabonis ribs and then use Sabonis core to jump off of. I'll be shocked if there isn't at least a 1 game suspension for this.

Yeah I keep reading about this leg grab but I definitely don't see it either. Kinda feels like everyone is watching a different replay than me or something.

I do know this: if this happened the other way around warriors fans wouldn't be saying **** about he Draymond grabbed his leg so he deserved it.
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,455

Post#10 » by NoStatsGuy » Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:23 pm

listen, im not a draymond fan at all. i find him super annoying but bro.. replay it one more time and maybe turn on your screen this time.

sabonis clearly grabbed green and for once i actually see draymonds perspective. while he was grabbed, he already had forward momentuum.. he wanted to step over sabonis but lost balance, because his leg didnt move. could he place his foot somewhere else to recover balance? Maybe. i cannot tell, since i wasnt grabbed. but imagine you going upstairs and unexpectedly trip on a step you are falling forward and your foot will step on the next best thing to recover. its a reflex you cannot control.

im giving draymond a pass for this, which i have a hard time doing. i really dont like his antics
im bout dat action boss
t-rexCity
Junior
And1: 82

Post#11 » by t-rexCity » Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:28 pm

nocomingnogoing wrote:Like lebron play some years ago, a smart but ethically crappy move by sabonis to rid the warriors of their best defender and a key driver of their flow offense. The warriors odds at winning went way down after sabonis duped draymond into that ejection.

Lmao. I bet Draymond got duped into punching Poole too. Or all those times he was kicking people in the groin. Yep. We believe he was duped, said no one lol
hippesthippo
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,350

Post#12 » by hippesthippo » Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:31 pm

I think everybody is going wayyyy overboard on this. Sabonis grabbed his leg, Draymond pushed off. The ejection was warranted.

I'm in the camp that Domas definitely grabbed onto his leg and held on, which he had no right to do, but nobody out there is going shed a tear for Draymond's ankle.

I mean, c'mon bro, you at least gotta come up with something better than "I think I may have hurt my ankle maybe." :noway:

Just shut your damn mouth and have the Warriors put out a statement saying that "Draymond is set to have his ankle evaluated and is currently considered day-to-day."
t-rexCity
Junior
And1: 82

Post#13 » by t-rexCity » Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:34 pm

NoStatsGuy wrote:

listen, im not a draymond fan at all. i find him super annoying but bro.. replay it one more time and maybe turn on your screen this time.

sabonis clearly grabbed green and for once i actually see draymonds perspective. while he was grabbed, he already had forward momentuum.. he wanted to step over sabonis but lost balance, because his leg didnt move. could he place his foot somewhere else to recover balance? Maybe. i cannot tell, since i wasnt grabbed. but imagine you going upstairs and unexpectedly trip on a step you are falling forward and your foot will step on the next best thing to recover. its a reflex you cannot control.

im giving draymond a pass for this, which i have a hard time doing. i really dont like his antics

Lmao. If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.
Stop with making up stuff "stairs and reflexes bla bla". All excuses. He dirty we all know that and that was a dirty move. Its like saying Poole's face was in the wrong time and place when Green punched him. Get outta here
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,808

Post#14 » by Dennis 37 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:59 pm

t-rexCity wrote:
nocomingnogoing wrote:Like lebron play some years ago, a smart but ethically crappy move by sabonis to rid the warriors of their best defender and a key driver of their flow offense. The warriors odds at winning went way down after sabonis duped draymond into that ejection.

Lmao. I bet Draymond got duped into punching Poole too. Or all those times he was kicking people in the groin. Yep. We believe he was duped, said no one lol

Yah, involuntarily kicking people in the groin. Reminds me of George Costanza's elbow.
ali1979
Sophomore
And1: 165

Post#15 » by ali1979 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:14 pm

This is far the most ugly comnent I have ever seen in realgm.
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,455

Post#16 » by NoStatsGuy » Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:51 pm

t-rexCity wrote:
NoStatsGuy wrote:

Lmao. If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.
Stop with making up stuff "stairs and reflexes bla bla". All excuses. He dirty we all know that and that was a dirty move. Its like saying Poole's face was in the wrong time and place when Green punched him. Get outta here

lol what? I didnt change any facts. green got grabbed, his foot landed on sabonis' chest. these are the facts. i didnt change any of it and also never said draymond is not dirty.. in this particular case tho i dont see an intentional chest stomp. if a 230 pound giant stomps on your chest with malicious intent, the x-ray is not gonna come out negatively.

I just dont have a bias and can look at this in a vacuum and be objective, i know most people arent able to do that.

but its alright im used to dealing with clueless people in here :D
im bout dat action boss
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,260

Post#17 » by Blue_and_Whte » Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:19 pm

Bull****
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
beeshma
Starter
And1: 1,804

Post#18 » by beeshma » Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:46 pm

NoStatsGuy wrote:

In the arcane world of basketball disrespect, with all of its rules and stratagems, it seems like Draymond actually initiated the disrespect by trying to walk over Sabonis.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,887

Post#19 » by dirkules_41 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:13 pm

lol
MadDogSHWA
General Manager
And1: 5,364

Post#20 » by MadDogSHWA » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:18 pm

Season suspension. F this clown.
"Packin' a Yak in the back by the rack" ~ Big Pun (probably)

Return to Wiretap Discussion