Ja Morant: Off-Court Issues Affected Us A Lot

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Ja Morant: Off-Court Issues Affected Us A Lot 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:42 pm

The Memphis Grizzlies were disappointed after their first-round series loss to the Los Angeles Lakers. Multiple Grizzlies expressed that they know they need to be better moving forward, including franchise player Ja Morant.

Morant took ownership of Memphis' shortcomings, starting with himself.

“I just got to be better with my decision-making. Off-the-court issues affected us as an organization," Morant said.

When asked a follow-up, Morant reiterated that making better decisions starts with him, as the team's leader.

“Like I said before, my (takeaways) are off the court and on the court. Just, being disciplined. Off the court, it’s about making better decisions. On the court, it’s about being locked in even more," Morant said. “Being the leader of the team, it starts with me. However I attack any situation, I know my guys will follow. I just have to be better in that area.”

Via Drew Hill: Daily Memphian

ghillphx
Junior
And1: 405

Re: Ja Morant: Off-Court Issues Affected Us A Lot 

Post#2 » by ghillphx » Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:46 pm

Well, no ****.
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,835

Post#3 » by spree2kawhi » Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:32 pm

Talk is cheap. I guess we’ll see. At least he takes the blame. Other LeAders like to take responsibility after wins.
NUMBERICA
Sophomore
And1: 144

Post#4 » by NUMBERICA » Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:56 pm

Youth is wasted on the young.

Hot take: I think the Grizzlies have already crested and the next few years are gonna be slow and painful. We’ve seen this script too many times of a young team that pops but then run out of moves and don’t improve because of their overconfidence.

This series either begins the slow descent, or it is the reality check that makes them better in the long term. Either way, I think Brooks just lost more money in 5 games than just about anyone that didn’t blow out their knee.
tigerae
Rookie
And1: 233

Post#5 » by tigerae » Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:54 pm

Ja is a great talent, however, he really needs to get is act together. Both on and off the court. The trash talk is entertaining to some, but without any accomplishments it really looks bad imo. Not to mention everytime I see him trying to dunk on people or jumping sky high I cringe because it's only a matter of time before he could get seriously hurt. Reminds me of Blake Griffin, D Rose, etc.
MegaK
Bench Warmer
And1: 133

Post#6 » by MegaK » Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:36 am

He butt hurt cause he at the strip club all night and can't be strapped no more bro! Watch this summer he gonna fight all the teenagers bro!
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,395

Post#7 » by svart » Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:34 am

Well, at least he's fine in the west
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Post#8 » by donaldtrump_00 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:18 pm

NUMBERICA wrote:Youth is wasted on the young.

Hot take: I think the Grizzlies have already crested and the next few years are gonna be slow and painful. We’ve seen this script too many times of a young team that pops but then run out of moves and don’t improve because of their overconfidence.

This series either begins the slow descent, or it is the reality check that makes them better in the long term. Either way, I think Brooks just lost more money in 5 games than just about anyone that didn’t blow out their knee.

So Brandon Clark and Steven Adam's had nothing to do with that series? Both are crucial to there playing style. I knew they'd lose without 2 players that defend and rebound and bc can score. They'll be strong next season. But I'd like to see golden state vs lakers. While there both still in there prime. It's always good to see LeBron vs steph once more
LewisnotMiller
Analyst
And1: 3,237

Post#9 » by LewisnotMiller » Mon May 1, 2023 12:05 am

spree2kawhi wrote:Talk is cheap. I guess we’ll see. At least he takes the blame. Other LeAders like to take responsibility after wins.

Heh...

Yeah, the words are right, but he's gonna have to be about it...not talk about it.
Hopefully he matures because he's great to watch and he is a leader. As he says, though, that means he can lead his team in a positive or negative way.

Return to Wiretap Discussion