Pistons Owner Tom Gores To Meet With Coach Finalists This Week

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Pistons Owner Tom Gores To Meet With Coach Finalists This Week 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon May 8, 2023 1:40 pm

Detroit Pistons owner Tom Gores will meet with the finalists for his team's head coach opening this week. The Pistons have identified three finalists.

Gores will meet with Kevin Ollie, Jarron Collins and Charles Lee. Ollie and Collins were long-time NBA players, while Lee has been an assistant coach at both the NCAA and NBA levels.

Ollie played for 11 teams in his 14-year NBA career. He then coached at the University of Connecticut before moving to lead the coaching operations for Overtime Elite.

Collins played for four teams over his 10-year NBA career. He's been an assistant coach for nine seasons with the Golden State Warriors and New Orleans Pelicans.

Lee coached at his alma mater Bucknell after his playing career ended. He's been an assistant coach under Mike Budenholzer with both the Atlanta Hawks and the Milwaukee Bucks for the last nine years.

Via Shams Charania/The Athletic

elmdawgg69
Veteran
And1: 78

Re: Pistons Owner Tom Gores To Meet With Coach Finalists This Week 

Post#2 » by elmdawgg69 » Mon May 8, 2023 6:57 pm

Can’t go wrong with any of these candidates coaching a young team… I just think Ollie was dumb for not leaving UConn for the NBA after winning it all in his first season, so I’d go with Lee or Collins.
dubbmotta
Senior
And1: 103

Post#3 » by dubbmotta » Mon May 8, 2023 11:35 pm

elmdawgg69 wrote:Can’t go wrong with any of these candidates coaching a young team… I just think Ollie was dumb for not leaving UConn for the NBA after winning it all in his first season, so I’d go with Lee or Collins.

He didn’t leave UCONN he got fired, then he sued them and won..goggle it.
ElectricMayhem
RealGM
And1: 11,163

Post#4 » by ElectricMayhem » Tue May 9, 2023 1:37 am

Everywhere Collins has gone, there's been good coaching. From the outside, it's hard to tell how much is him, how much is other coaches, and how much is smart players. He definitely seems worth the risk. Lee would be my second choice of the three. I'd also like Bud, Nurse, or Stackhouse.
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!
elmdawgg69
Veteran
And1: 78

Post#5 » by elmdawgg69 » Tue May 9, 2023 10:57 am

dubbmotta wrote:
elmdawgg69 wrote:Can’t go wrong with any of these candidates coaching a young team… I just think Ollie was dumb for not leaving UConn for the NBA after winning it all in his first season, so I’d go with Lee or Collins.

He didn’t leave UCONN he got fired, then he sued them and won..goggle it.

Do you know how to read? Re-read what I posted.

Return to Wiretap Discussion