Tyronn Lue Prefers Brand New Deal Instead Of Extension With Clippers

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Tyronn Lue Prefers Brand New Deal Instead Of Extension With Clippers 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed May 17, 2023 7:17 pm

The Los Angeles Clippers met with representatives of Tyronn Lue to discuss his future with the franchise this week, sources tell Chris Haynes of Bleacher Report.

Lue has been a target of the Milwaukee Bucks and Phoenix Suns.

Lue has two years remaining on his five-year, $35 million deal signed with the Clippers in 2020. The value of his current contract is similar to the one he signed with the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Haynes reports that Lue would want a brand new contract, presumably with an immediate raise, rather than an extension off his current number if he were to commit long-term to the Clippers. 

Via Chris Haynes/Bleacher Report

donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 779

Re: Tyronn Lue Prefers Brand New Deal Instead Of Extension With Clippers 

Post#2 » by donemilio21 » Wed May 17, 2023 8:33 pm

What a load of crap. He is an average coach at best. Underachieved year after year. I guess he learned from Doc to be cocky and just hire lobbyist in the media to make people think he is an elite coach.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,218

Post#3 » by Pickled Prunes » Wed May 17, 2023 9:29 pm

donemilio21 wrote:What a load of crap. He is an average coach at best. Underachieved year after year. I guess he learned from Doc to be cocky and just hire lobbyist in the media to make people think he is an elite coach.

Yeah, I don't get it either. He won one ring by not calling plays for Lebron and hasn't done anything since. Not calling plays for Reggie Jackson didn't work out nearly as well.
DangerCurtis
Sophomore
And1: 12

Post#4 » by DangerCurtis » Thu May 18, 2023 4:30 am

As a Clippers fan, I really hope one of these other teams poach him from my team. He had a very underwhelming season. Despite the injuries, there were a lot of different things he could have done: e.g. play T. Mann more, take Morris Sr. and Reggie out of the rotation, put RoCo in the starter position and have Batum come off the bench, etc.
napdash
Sophomore
And1: 14

Post#5 » by napdash » Thu May 18, 2023 4:54 pm

Lawrence Frank and Lue both content blowing smoke up Ballmer's foolish a$$. Milk that cow baby

Return to Wiretap Discussion