Assistant Coach
And1: 4,964

Re: Lakers Have Had Internal Discussions On Trading For Trae Young 

Post#21 » by shakes0 » Wed May 24, 2023 1:18 pm

Medbrat wrote:
shakes0 wrote:
Medbrat wrote:
Nice cherry-picking, well done.

1. Averages 26.4 ppg on 40/29/85 splits, absolutely atrocious for such a volume.
2. 9.0 assists against 4.4 turnovers, not too bad, but definitely "meh", just like I wrote in my first post.
3. Well, that's certainly a shocker, because no other first option has ever experienced anything like that.
4. No, he didn't.

you accuse me of cherry picking yet you want to use his one terrible series as an anchor to pull down the rest of his stats.

Fact is he had 1 amazing playoff run, one terrible series and then he rebounded with a excellent showing vs Boston where, yes, he gave them a fight. Took them to 6 and won a game on Boston floor with amazing 38/13 performance.

Save your efficiency stats for the regular season where that stuff matters, playoffs are a different animal.

Also please name the other players who have taken their teams to the conference finals without another all star. And did it before the age of 24.

Keep throwing on that agenda which only shows you never watch the Hawks and get your info from RealGm group think.

I'm no using his one awful series, I'm literally using his PO averages.
And I'm not gonan ommit his godawful efficiency numbers just ebcause they don't fit your narrative.
Also please name the other players who have taken their teams to the conference finals without another all star. And did it before the age of 24.

Luka last year. I'm pretty sure there are a few more players, I'm too lazy to do the research at the moment.

Your agenda is so transparent it's laughable. You want to claim that Trae is meh in the playoffs, but that's hard because anyone with a brain could see that Trae had 1 terrible series vs a much better team which he bookmarked with one of the greatest playoff runs in NBA history by a 23 year old #1 option and a first round loss vs a Finals favorite in which he played great and averaged 29/10 and carried his team to 6 games including a win in an elimination game in Boston.

Your agenda is to take advantage of that small sample size by throwing in his one terrible series, lowering his averages and then claiming that he is meh based on those averages. Meh is not how you describe a kid who led his team to the playoffs 3x and almost taken his team to teh finals as a 23 year old while putting up massive numbers in 2/3 years.

Keep trying, everyone here can see what a joke your posts are on this topic.
druggas
Head Coach
And1: 5,152

Re: Lakers Have Had Internal Discussions On Trading For Trae Young 

Post#22 » by druggas » Wed May 24, 2023 3:23 pm

He isn't worth trading for.

Return to Wiretap Discussion