Jalen Green: Playing With James Harden Could 'Help And Hurt At The Same Time'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Jalen Green: Playing With James Harden Could 'Help And Hurt At The Same Time' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed May 24, 2023 7:14 pm

The Houston Rockets have been linked with a pursuit of James Harden, which could have an impact on the development of some of their young players such as Jalen Green.

Green recently appeared on Paul George's podcast and the two discussed the possibility of Houston signing Harden. George expressed the opinion that Harden could help him out while also hindering his growth.

“I agree,” Green said. “I think I could play both ways like you said. It could help and hurt at the same time.”

Green averaged 22.1 points in his second season.

“I haven’t really talked to him too much about the rumors and stuff like that,” Green said. “I’m with you on that. That’s all I’m gone say.”

George also weighed in with his opinion.

“Personally, I wouldn’t [add Harden],” George said. “I feel like at this point you’re the king of Houston. They made their decision on who the future is. When you pick a guy with the fourth pick, he’s our guy. So they full-on committed to who the future is.”

Via DeAntae Prince/Philadelphia Inquirer

Maf
Starter
And1: 868

Re: Jalen Green: Playing With James Harden Could 'Help And Hurt At The Same Time' 

Post#2 » by Maf » Wed May 24, 2023 8:35 pm

Must be terrible to read for Rockets fans. Jalen basically said "we would probably win more games but what about my stats?!?"
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
Kiss of Death
Senior
And1: 801

Re: Jalen Green: Playing With James Harden Could 'Help And Hurt At The Same Time' 

Post#3 » by Kiss of Death » Wed May 24, 2023 8:43 pm

Nothing to see here. Paul George just 'leading the witness'.
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#4 » by IWishIWasHarden » Wed May 24, 2023 9:30 pm

The 4th pick isn't a commitment to the future. You don't expect championships with a 4th overall pick. You may after having about 10 of them.

But the problem the Rockets will have is neither Harden or Green plays defense. And they don't play defense because they can't play defense. Harden has no lateral movement, perhaps due to his webbed feet, and his fitness is poor. Green doesn't have any physical excuses but struggles nonetheless.
hippesthippo
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,305

Post#5 » by hippesthippo » Thu May 25, 2023 9:32 am

I don't think it's a great idea, simply because of the cost, but playing next to KPJ is absolutely hurting both him and the rest of the team.

Houston needs a veteran PG to set the young guys up with good shots. How many of those guys are available every year that are still capable starters?

Return to Wiretap Discussion