Brandon Ingram Extended Absence Lead To 'Significant Frustration' In Pelicans Organization

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Brandon Ingram Extended Absence Lead To 'Significant Frustration' In Pelicans Organization  

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Jun 3, 2023 4:53 pm

Brandon Ingram missing 29 consecutive games this past season due to a left toe contusion lead to "significant frustration" within the New Orleans Pelicans organization, according to Christian Clark of Nola.com.

With Willie Green initially describing the injury as "day-to-day," several people within the team felt that Ingram could have returned to the court sooner.

It was reported earlier this week that the Pelicans were restructuring its player care and performance team this offseason.

Sources add that they would be surprised if Aaron Nelson, who was in charge of the department, returns to the team next season.  

Via Christian Clark/Nola.com

Medbrat
Senior
And1: 778

Re: Brandon Ingram Extended Absence Lead To 'Significant Frustration' In Pelicans Organization 

Post#2 » by Medbrat » Sat Jun 3, 2023 5:21 pm

I'd still rather keep building around Ingram than Zion.
dubbmotta
Senior
And1: 104

Re: Brandon Ingram Extended Absence Lead To 'Significant Frustration' In Pelicans Organization 

Post#3 » by dubbmotta » Sat Jun 3, 2023 5:56 pm

Medbrat wrote:I'd still rather keep building around Ingram than Zion.

Trade both of them while you still can. Both soft and you’re not winning with them.
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 518

Post#4 » by TheCage4 » Sat Jun 3, 2023 7:28 pm

dubbmotta wrote:
Medbrat wrote:I'd still rather keep building around Ingram than Zion.

Trade both of them while you still can. Both soft and you’re not winning with them.

This is big brain thinking. Move on before it’s really too late.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
jacoby1us
General Manager
And1: 1,611

Post#5 » by jacoby1us » Sun Jun 4, 2023 1:40 am

I would love to take Ingram in Chicago!
#TREADMILLCLUBFAN
AussieRules
Starter
And1: 2,002

Post#6 » by AussieRules » Sun Jun 4, 2023 3:36 am

jacoby1us wrote:I would love to take Ingram in Chicago!

I’d love to see Brandon Ingram play in Chicago. Anything but the poverty franchise called the Pelicans
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,831

Post#8 » by spree2kawhi » Sun Jun 4, 2023 4:38 pm

The Knicks need to call. RJ and Zion might be what NOP want.

Brunson, Grimes, Ingram, Randle, Robinson
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Post#9 » by Pickled Prunes » Sun Jun 4, 2023 6:18 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:The Knicks need to call. RJ and Zion might be what NOP want.

RJ kinda sucks... He wouldn't start on a contender. He's got 6th man written all over him.
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,831

Post#10 » by spree2kawhi » Sun Jun 4, 2023 7:32 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:The Knicks need to call. RJ and Zion might be what NOP want.

RJ kinda sucks... He wouldn't start on a contender. He's got 6th man written all over him.

I don’t think that’s right. He’s a lot better than Gordon, Strus, Martin, Harris, Reaves, this moron Brooks, LeVert, Okoro, Okogie etc.
We Are Groot
Sophomore
And1: 29

Post#11 » by We Are Groot » Sun Jun 4, 2023 9:29 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:I don’t think that’s right. (RJ)’s a lot better than Gordon, Strus, Martin, Harris, Reaves, this moron Brooks, LeVert, Okoro, Okogie etc.

Waaaaaaaayyyy off here bud - @ least w/regard to Gordon & Reaves, maybe even Struss. Not really valid comps to begin with, those guys are role players. RJ’s a part of the Knicks core. Additionally, his role w/the Knicks is bc of where he was drafted, not his talent. Knicks have had his name in all kina trade talks for years

Return to Wiretap Discussion