Heat, Suns In Serious Talks To Acquire Bradley Beal

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 295

Heat, Suns In Serious Talks To Acquire Bradley Beal 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:12 pm

The Washington Wizards have advanced discussions on trading franchise star Bradley Beal. The Miami Heat and Phoenix Suns have emerged as finalists for Beal. Both teams are considered serious contenders for the longtime Wizards guard.

Miami has long-been linked to Beal. The Heat could offer a package that revolves around expiring salary after next season, if the Wizards goal is to clear salary. Miami could also offer a package built around guard Tyler Herro, if Washington wanted to build around him in the next iteration of their team.

Any offer from the Suns would have to include either Chris Paul or Deandre Ayton. Paul would likely see his salary guaranteed to near the full amount of $30.8 million to make a trade work. A deal centered around Paul or Ayton would also likely have to include Landry Shamet as matching salary.

Via Shams Charania/The Athletic

JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 7,110

Re: Heat, Suns In Serious Talks To Acquire Bradley Beal 

Post#2 » by JustBuzzin » Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:25 pm

Suns need to realize the 3 star method doesn't work unless you got 3 guys in their prime.

They will still lack depth and what is Booker the fulltime pg now?
Phystic
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,671

Post#3 » by Phystic » Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:09 pm

I just can't believe this report. This makes literal 0 sense for the Suns
The Hypnotoad
Bench Warmer
And1: 431

Post#4 » by The Hypnotoad » Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:30 pm

Apparently the Suns can just pick whatever player they want from other teams. What is pick compensation for taking two years of salary of Chris Paul when other teams can offer first rounders? Do Suns have first rounders left to trade at this point?
alphatron10
Senior
And1: 366

Post#5 » by alphatron10 » Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:25 pm

The Hypnotoad wrote:Apparently the Suns can just pick whatever player they want from other teams. What is pick compensation for taking two years of salary of Chris Paul when other teams can offer first rounders? Do Suns have first rounders left to trade at this point?

I mean, Chris Paul's salary is non guaranteed, so they can waive him any time next year if they want.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 10,063

Post#6 » by HotelVitale » Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:53 pm

alphatron10 wrote:
The Hypnotoad wrote:Apparently the Suns can just pick whatever player they want from other teams. What is pick compensation for taking two years of salary of Chris Paul when other teams can offer first rounders? Do Suns have first rounders left to trade at this point?

I mean, Chris Paul's salary is non guaranteed, so they can waive him any time next year if they want.

Yup Paul can be cut after next year with zero dollars left in cap sheet. But also think that the Suns have to give up something to beat say Herro and expirings, and I don’t know what that would be.
dubbmotta
Senior
And1: 109

Post#7 » by dubbmotta » Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:32 pm

Wouldn’t want him if I’m the Heat and have to give up Herro. Beal average 23pts a game last two seasons, play no D and have a big azz contract. Herro 7 years younger and also average 20pts a game and cheaper.

Suns need depth and defense how does this help them??
alienpick
Starter
And1: 620

Post#8 » by alienpick » Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:46 am

alphatron10 wrote:

His salary would have to be fully guaranteed to make the deal work. They can still try waiving him, get a third team involved, or let him walk next season and take no cap hit next year.

Return to Wiretap Discussion