Ja Morant's Camp Reportedly Feels NBA, Media Out To Get Them'

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 295

Ja Morant's Camp Reportedly Feels NBA, Media Out To Get Them' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:51 pm

Ja Morant has received a 25-game suspension from the NBA and must meet conditions set by the league in order to be reinstated.

Morant was filmed on Instagram Live flashing a gun two weeks after the Memphis Grizzlies were eliminated from the playoffs, which followed his eight-game suspension in March for a similar incident.

"I have heard indirectly that Ja and people close to Ja, perhaps people formerly close to Ja, have this feeling that the NBA out to get them," said Tim MacMahon. "That the media is out to get them."

Via Tim MacMahon/ESPN

anatomicbomb
Sixth Man
And1: 1,215

Re: Ja Morant's Camp Reportedly Feels NBA, Media Out To Get Them' 

Post#2 » by anatomicbomb » Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:22 pm

bad sign. if he's buying into this type of thinking he may on his way out of the league.

Spoiler:
Everything is practice.
FreeBoosie
Senior
And1: 120

Post#3 » by FreeBoosie » Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:31 pm

Yeah then he should look into another league which isn't out to get him and sign with them for $195 million over 5 years.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,062

Post#4 » by dougthonus » Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:39 pm

People are always the hero in their own story, so not hard to see that.

In this latest incident, his treatment is highly severe related to comparable things in the league, but what Morant is missing is he isn't seeing this overall pattern of behavior he's had nor does he likely feel its bad.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
Galou
Pro Prospect
And1: 651

Post#5 » by Galou » Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:45 pm

Spoiler:
I stand with Ja

The mentality of racists and dumb coons that wanted to see Ja Morant crucified for the dumb stuff he did was disturbing.

Racial slur.
F$+*k the Nets.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 10,076

Post#6 » by HotelVitale » Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:27 pm

Galou wrote:I stand with Ja

The mentality of racists and dumb coons that wanted to see Ja Morant crucified for the dumb stuff he did was disturbing.

Eh, I get that point but that logic doesn’t work. Anything involving black folks in the US means there will always be some nasty racists calling for brutal responses. That doesn’t mean that therefore anything any black person does is okay. I dont really think Ja did anything morally wrong but it’s obvious from a business standpoint why the NBA has to do something about it, and it’s also obvious that they’re not ‘out to get him’ but just want him to stop so they can all make money again.

That said, I think the media is definitely trying to milk this for every ounce they can, and they definitely sensationalize things and make Ja out for be a menace cuz it makes their little discussions more lively. It’s working too, got half my neighborhood soapboxing about the kids these days and how they’d handle Ja.
Raptors Realtor
Analyst
And1: 2,868

Post#7 » by Raptors Realtor » Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:29 pm

Ya because playing with guns on social media should be allowed, not to mention his camp pointing lasers (most likely from guns) at other teams buses... This totally seems professional and justifiable... You wanna play with guns, join the army/police force, but you wanna play basketball and make 100s of millions of dollars, then act accordingly... How do they not get it by now!?!
Roy T
Pro Prospect
And1: 927

Post#8 » by Roy T » Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:36 pm

Man the media needs to stay in their lane. It's free to see how hollows feel.

Just sayin. Free Ja
hauntedcomputer
Veteran
And1: 4,161

Post#9 » by hauntedcomputer » Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:26 pm

another poor persecuted multimillionaire

boo hoo
+++
Schadenfreude is undefeated.
FeatheryTouch
Senior
And1: 679

Post#10 » by FeatheryTouch » Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:30 pm

Roy T wrote:Man the media needs to stay in their lane. It's free to see how hollows feel.

Just sayin. Free Ja

So the media's lane does not include reporting on an NBA player getting suspended twice for repeatedly doing stupid things with guns in public and on social media?

And you want to shut them up by threatening them with hollows?

You haven't thought this through, have you?

/facepalm
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,360

Post#11 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:44 pm

FeatheryTouch wrote:
Roy T wrote:Man the media needs to stay in their lane. It's free to see how hollows feel.

Just sayin. Free Ja

So the media's lane does not include reporting on an NBA player getting suspended twice and repeatedly doing stupid things with guns in public?

And you want to shut them up by threatening them with hollows?

You haven't thought this through, have you?

/facepalm

I think we found Ja's burner account
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
t-rexCity
Junior
And1: 82

Post#12 » by t-rexCity » Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:27 pm

I hope he doesn't change and continue to do what he wants to do with his life. I mean he will probably lose more money and eventually get kicked out of the league and ruin his life, but I support his decision to do that and for that reason I stand with Ja !
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,480

Post#13 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:41 pm

It's not gonna end well for Ja, and frankly i don't care.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
niha17
Rookie
And1: 71

Post#14 » by niha17 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:58 pm

If i was with Ja Id tell him now is a good time to shut up and stop talking
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 7,204

Post#15 » by JustBuzzin » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:11 pm

Raptors Realtor wrote:Ya because playing with guns on social media should be allowed, not to mention his camp pointing lasers (most likely from guns) at other teams buses... This totally seems professional and justifiable... You wanna play with guns, join the army/police force, but you wanna play basketball and make 100s of millions of dollars, then act accordingly... How do they not get it by now!?!

Bro this story is getting tired now. The media been on this dude for 4 months now. It's time to find something else to talk about.

West Virginia coach just got a DUI and used a gay slur and nobody coming for him. Dana White beat his wife and still owns the UFC. Miles Bridges beat his wife nobody made a big deal out of it. These are people that committed crimes.

Ja has been the biggest story in sports because he's flashing a gun! Like no laws were broken. But somehow this kid is more news worthy than people who commit crimes.smh

My goodness this new era is so confusing.
JustBuzzin
General Manager

Post#16 » by JustBuzzin » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:15 pm

Cancel culture is a real thing. They trying to cancel this kid for flashing a gun.

Meanwhile wife beaters get to stay in the league and under the radar.

Lets focus on the guy flashing the gun on camera!lmao
Raptors Realtor
Analyst

Post#17 » by Raptors Realtor » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:27 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
Raptors Realtor wrote:Ya because playing with guns on social media should be allowed, not to mention his camp pointing lasers (most likely from guns) at other teams buses... This totally seems professional and justifiable... You wanna play with guns, join the army/police force, but you wanna play basketball and make 100s of millions of dollars, then act accordingly... How do they not get it by now!?!

Bro this story is getting tired now. The media been on this dude for 4 months now. It's time to find something else to talk about.

West Virginia coach just got a DUI and used a gay slur and nobody coming for him. Dana White beat his wife and still owns the UFC. Miles Bridges beat his wife nobody made a big deal out of it. These are people that committed crimes.

Ja has been the biggest story in sports because he's flashing a gun! Like no laws were broken. But somehow this kid is more news worthy than people who commit crimes.smh

Bridges was criminally charged & suspended indefinitely last offseason and didn't play a single game this season, not to mention it was on the eve before free agency and Charlotte was expected to offer him a max deal. He's already missed out on about $30 million from not playing last season, and maybe a lot more depending on when he plays next and what his new contract looks like, I'm guessing it won't be near what he would've earned prior.

And then comes Morant, who was warned & suspended last season, and then about a month after his suspension, did the same thing he initially was warned about and got suspended for... Like it or not, pro athletes are role models with large social media platforms. They are supposed to set an example for kids, and not playing with guns like gangsters... Dude is a dumbass, plain & simple.
JustBuzzin
General Manager

Post#18 » by JustBuzzin » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:40 pm

Raptors Realtor wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:

Bridges was criminally charged & suspended indefinitely last offseason and didn't play a single game this season, not to mention it was on the eve before free agency and Charlotte was expected to offer him a max deal. He's already missed out on about $30 million from not playing last season, and maybe a lot more depending on when he plays next and what his new contract looks like, I'm guessing it won't be near what he would've earned prior.

And then comes Morant, who was warned & suspended last season, and then about a month after his suspension, did the same thing he initially was warned about and got suspended for... Like it or not, pro athletes are role models with large social media platforms. They are supposed to set an example for kids, and not playing with guns like gangsters... Dude is a dumbass, plain & simple.
So we making a "dumbass" the biggest story in sports when other people are breaking crimes and flying under the radar?

Where is the media attention on Bob Huggins?

Dana White was a big story for 1 day after that we never heard him again in the media.

Miles Bridges was a big story for a day. After that nobody cared.

But somehow this kid flashing a gun on camera has been the biggest story in sports for 4 straight months! This just doesn't make any sense.

Im tired of hearing about Ja everyday. Kid needs to grow up. This story is nothing more than a young man trying to portray a street lifestyle despite not being from the streets.

The people committing the crimes are the people we need to focus on. Not the kid flashing a gun trying to be a thug.
Raptors Realtor
Analyst

Post#19 » by Raptors Realtor » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:48 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
Raptors Realtor wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Bro this story is getting tired now. The media been on this dude for 4 months now. It's time to find something else to talk about.

So we making a "dumbass" the biggest story in sports when other people are breaking crimes and flying under the radar?

Dana White was a big story for 1 day after that we never heard him again in the media.

But somehow this kid flashing a gun on camera has been the biggest story in sports for 4 straight months! This just doesn't make any sense.

Im tired of hearing about Ja everyday. Kid needs to grow up. This story is nothing more than a young man trying to portray a street lifestyle despite not being from the streets.

The people committing the crimes are the people we need to focus on. Not the kid flashing a gun trying to be a thug.

Dana White's wife hit him first, that's why he wasn't charged... Obviously he was still wrong for slapping his wife though.

Bridges was a big story for a lot longer than a day, it was discussed the entire offseason and into the season.

I'm not familiar with Huggins or his case, not into college sports with the exception of March Madness.

Morant playing with & flashing guns is a big deal because obviously sends the message to all the kids who admire him that guns are cool... And we all know that guns are one of the biggest and most rampant issues/concerns in North American society/culture.
JustBuzzin
General Manager

Post#20 » by JustBuzzin » Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:21 pm

Raptors Realtor wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
Raptors Realtor wrote:

Dana White's wife hit him first, that's why he wasn't charged... Obviously he was still wrong for slapping his wife though.

Bridges was a big story for a lot longer than a day, it was discussed the entire offseason and into the season.

I'm not familiar with Huggins or his case, not into college sports with the exception of March Madness.

Morant playing with & flashing guns is a big deal because obviously sends the message to all the kids who admire him that guns are cool... And we all know that guns are one of the biggest and most rampant issues/concerns in North American society/culture.
A former college basketball player committed murder earlier this year. Nobody was blaming him instead they put all the blame on Brandon Miller who is a top 3 draft pick in this draft.

It goes back to my point people don't care about the people committing the crimes they rather focus on the people who don't break them but treat them as if they are the worst human on the planet.

It's been 4 months why do we need to keep focusing on Ja?

Return to Wiretap Discussion