Max Strus Likely To Leave Heat With Pistons, Pacers, Magic Among Teams Interested

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 295

Max Strus Likely To Leave Heat With Pistons, Pacers, Magic Among Teams Interested 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:47 pm

Max Strus is expected to receive significant free agent interest above the full midlevel exception that results in his departure from the Miami Heat.

Strus has been linked with the Detroit Pistons, Indiana Pacers and Orlando Magic, who are three teams with cap space.

Other teams are working to get under the first tax apron to make the full $12.2 million MLE available. 

Strus is a career 37.1 percent three-point shooter.

Via Jake Fischer/Yahoo Sports

dubbmotta
Senior
And1: 109

Re: Max Strus Likely To Leave Heat With Pistons, Pacers, Magic Among Teams Interested 

Post#2 » by dubbmotta » Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:39 pm

Somebody is about to overpay for him. He's a good system player but will struggle in DET or IND.
23artest23
Head Coach
And1: 197

Re: Max Strus Likely To Leave Heat With Pistons, Pacers, Magic Among Teams Interested 

Post#3 » by 23artest23 » Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:02 pm

dubbmotta wrote:Somebody is about to overpay for him. He's a good system player but will struggle in DET or IND.

Why do you say that? As a Pacers fan, he seems like he would be a really solid fit at SF. I'm thinking someone like Strus, Barnes, or another guy that can stroke the 3 and play reasonable defense would be pretty ideal. I figure we would have to overpay a bit but that's pretty standard for guys that have options but would consider Indy.
dubbmotta
Senior
And1: 109

Post#4 » by dubbmotta » Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:26 pm

23artest23 wrote:
dubbmotta wrote:Somebody is about to overpay for him. He's a good system player but will struggle in DET or IND.

Why do you say that? As a Pacers fan, he seems like he would be a really solid fit at SF. I'm thinking someone like Strus, Barnes, or another guy that can stroke the 3 and play reasonable defense would be pretty ideal. I figure we would have to overpay a bit but that's pretty standard for guys that have options but would consider Indy.

Dude is not a small forward he's barely 6'5, if that. He plays winning basketball and would strive in a winning system. That is not the Pacers.

Return to Wiretap Discussion