Mavericks Remain Interested In Trading For Clint Capela

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 295

Mavericks Remain Interested In Trading For Clint Capela 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:18 pm

The Dallas Mavericks remain interested in trading for Clint Capela. With the Atlanta Hawks one of the teams most interested in trading for Pascal Siakam, the Mavericks could participate in a potential trade involving the Toronto Raptors to take on Capela.

Capela has two seasons remaining on his contract at nearly $43 million.

With the Raptors re-signing Jakob Poeltl, they are not likely to have interest in taking on Capela.

The Mavericks and Hawks discussed a Capela trade before the draft, but the addition of Josh Green was a sticking point.

Via Marc Stein/Substack

Anthoine
Junior
And1: 35

Re: Mavericks Remain Interested In Trading For Clint Capela 

Post#2 » by Anthoine » Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:47 pm

I love Josh Green but the addition of Capella would be huge considering the mavs play style and lack of interior def. I understand they would lack wing depth on the defensive side of the floor but their need for a rim-protecting big who can be a lob threat and hustles is just glaring.
sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,091

Re: Mavericks Remain Interested In Trading For Clint Capela 

Post#3 » by sisibilio » Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:32 pm

Anthoine wrote:I love Josh Green but the addition of Capella would be huge considering the mavs play style and lack of interior def. I understand they would lack wing depth on the defensive side of the floor but their need for a rim-protecting big who can be a lob threat and hustles is just glaring.

Yeah he's the perfect center to play next to Luka. Makes too much sense to not happen.
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates

Return to Wiretap Discussion