Re: Blazers, Heat Have 'No Real Traction On Any Deal Yet' For Damian Lillard

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 295

Blazers, Heat Have 'No Real Traction On Any Deal Yet' For Damian Lillard 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Jul 18, 2023 3:48 pm

The Portland Trail Blazers have told the Miami Heat to "make your best offer" for Damian Lillard," reports Shams Charania of The Athletic. 

Lillard requested a trade to the Heat on July 1st, but the two sides have yet to hold any meaningful dialogue. Both the Blazers and Heat have postured as though they have considerably more leverage than the other side and neither team appears to be in a rush.

"I’m told the sides have spoken but not about anything significant and that there is no real traction on any deal yet," writes Charania.

Via Shams Charania/The Athletic

Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,231

Post#2 » by Pickled Prunes » Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:11 pm

Dame painted himself into a corner... "I want to be traded, but I'll only be happy if I am traded to MIA, a team without the assets to trade for me."

Lets face it, all the ring-chasers have signed elsewhere. Jimmy, Bam, Dame and no depth won't win anything. He's going to have a rough season, even when/if he gets to MIA.
Elnegron
Rookie
And1: 385

Post#3 » by Elnegron » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:41 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:Dame painted himself into a corner... "I want to be traded, but I'll only be happy if I am traded to MIA, a team without the assets to trade for me."

Lets face it, all the ring-chasers have signed elsewhere. Jimmy, Bam, Dame and no depth won't win anything. He's going to have a rough season, even when/if he gets to MIA.

If you don't think that big 3 win a ring then you a hater. 1st all we heard wad heat undrafted players and now they are stars in other teams lmao. Heat will be fine if trade goes down. Bam, Jimmy, robinson,Josh richardson, dame, Martin, Highsmith, love, bryant. Heat also have a $9.5 tpe, and room for buyouts. How is that not a deep team when you only play 8 deep in playoffs lmao
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,231

Post#4 » by Pickled Prunes » Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:40 am

Elnegron wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:Dame painted himself into a corner... "I want to be traded, but I'll only be happy if I am traded to MIA, a team without the assets to trade for me."

If you don't think that big 3 win a ring then you a hater. 1st all we heard wad heat undrafted players and now they are stars in other teams lmao. Heat will be fine if trade goes down. Bam, Jimmy, robinson,Josh richardson, dame, Martin, Highsmith, love, bryant. Heat also have a $9.5 tpe, and room for buyouts. How is that not a deep team when you only play 8 deep in playoffs lmao

Honesty isn't hating. The third player you named sat half the season because Spo didn't believe in him, and would likely be in the trade. Love was waived by CLE last season. These aren't world beaters. But you got my number; feel free to come back and rub it in if they win. I've been wrong before. :D
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,107

Post#5 » by Twinkie defense » Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:41 pm

Can look for a move before the trade deadline, when the Heat and the Blazers both have a better picture of where they are.
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#6 » by Twinkie defense » Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:44 pm

Elnegron wrote:If you don't think that big 3 win a ring then you a hater.

Pat Riley runs a good franchise there... but you gotta admit three on paper doesn't win anything. (See: Nets, Suns.) That's why you gotta play the games.
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Re: Re: Blazers, Heat Have 'No Real Traction On Any Deal Yet' For Damian Lillard 

Post#7 » by Twinkie defense » Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:47 pm

Fans like to look at a team that had a great season, and just extrapolate that upward and onward. Could have also been a fluke. It's hard to get to the Finals. In addition to having a good team, peaking at the right time, it helps to have some luck and good breaks along the way. Just because you get there and lose doesn't mean you're going to get another crack at it.

Return to Wiretap Discussion