Suns Remain Interested In Trading For T.J. McConnell

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 295

Suns Remain Interested In Trading For T.J. McConnell 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:03 pm

The Phoenix Suns remain interested in trading for T.J. McConnell of the Indiana Pacers, sources tell Marc Stein.

The Suns have no readily tradeable players currently on their roster until December 15th when new free agent signings become trade eligible.

McConnell is hopeful of remaining with the Pacers. McConnell, who is represented by Mark Bartelstein and Kieran Piller, cannot become a free agent until 2025.

Via Marc Stein/Substack

TimeisIllmatic
Sixth Man
And1: 324

Re: Suns Remain Interested In Trading For T.J. McConnell 

Post#2 » by TimeisIllmatic » Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:19 pm

Good luck with that one.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,233

Post#3 » by Pickled Prunes » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:56 pm

TimeisIllmatic wrote:Good luck with that one.

They have the trade exception from the Cameron Payne deal... but what else... a few 2nds? He would be good for them for sure.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,972

Post#4 » by basketballwacko2 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:03 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:

They have the trade exception from the Cameron Payne deal... but what else... a few 2nds? He would be good for them for sure.

TJ is $8.7 million for the 2023-24 season and that Trade Exception is only $6.5 million I don't think that works.
TimeisIllmatic
Sixth Man
And1: 324

Post#5 » by TimeisIllmatic » Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:16 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:

I definitely agree he is a good fit but I'm sure the Pacers don't want to trade him just for the sake of it. I'm sure they'd want a player in return.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,233

Post#6 » by Pickled Prunes » Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:58 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:

TJ is $8.7 million for the 2023-24 season and that Trade Exception is only $6.5 million I don't think that works.

You're right. I was thinking he was at $8.1m (Last season).
uconn83
Ballboy
And1: 7

Post#7 » by uconn83 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:37 am

new owner yet still favourable nba free agency reporting for the Suns continues
NuckyPowell
General Manager
And1: 9,954

Post#8 » by NuckyPowell » Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:19 am

I remain interested in winning Powerball.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,334

Post#9 » by Lalouie » Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:41 am

get rid of ayton
fredweis
Sophomore
And1: 14

Post#10 » by fredweis » Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:30 am

I would’ve jumped on Cole Anthony by now. He’s the odd man out in Orlando. Send the Magic Payne TPE and Jordan Goodwin. Suns are best suited to compete in the playoffs with 1 real PG on the team.

Suns surprisingly added nice depth.

Diop-Bates and Eubanks are two way players who can thrive as glue guys playing off the Suns 3 superstars. These dudes will make the hustle plays. I think they both play well in the valley. Wantanabe is a serviceful stretch 4 if he shoots like he did last season but still doesn’t defend well. Eric Gordon was the biggest name addition but I’m wary of him staying healthy and on the court. He’s PHX best bench scoring option nonetheless.

With Beal starting PG I’m baffled who the coaching staff is looking to start at SF. I’m going to guess it’s Damion Lee’s job to loose.
alphatron10
Senior
And1: 366

Post#11 » by alphatron10 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:23 pm

fredweis wrote:I would’ve jumped on Cole Anthony by now. He’s the odd man out in Orlando. Send the Magic Payne TPE and Jordan Goodwin. Suns are best suited to compete in the playoffs with 1 real PG on the team.

Suns surprisingly added nice depth.

Diop-Bates and Eubanks are two way players who can thrive as glue guys playing off the Suns 3 superstars. These dudes will make the hustle plays. I think they both play well in the valley. Wantanabe is a serviceful stretch 4 if he shoots like he did last season but still doesn’t defend well. Eric Gordon was the biggest name addition but I’m wary of him staying healthy and on the court. He’s PHX best bench scoring option nonetheless.

With Beal starting PG I’m baffled who the coaching staff is looking to start at SF. I’m going to guess it’s Damion Lee’s job to loose.

It's not Lee's job to lose, it's Okogie's. It'll be either Okogie or Bates-Diop starting at the 3

Return to Wiretap Discussion