Kings Have Five Centers Competing For Two Roster Spots

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 295

Kings Have Five Centers Competing For Two Roster Spots 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Sep 4, 2023 6:58 pm

The Sacramento Kings have six centers currently under contract in Domantas Sabonis, Javale McGee, Alex Len, Nerlens Noel, Neemias Queta and Skal Labissiere.

McGee recently signed a one-year guaranteed contract at the veteran's minimum. Sabonis and Len are also on guaranteed contracts.

The Kings plan on assigning Labissiere to the G League, which leaves McGee, Len, Noel and Queta to compete for two roster spots. Len is also on a fully guaranteed one-year deal at the minimum. Noel's deal includes $300,000 in guaranteed money, which increases to $600,000 if he makes the opening night roster. 

The Kings re-signed Queta on a two-year, $4.2 million contract, but the deal includes only $250,000 in guaranteed money in the first year with no guarantee in the second year. 

Via Jason Anderson/Sacramento Bee

dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,195

Re: Kings Have Five Centers Competing For Two Roster Spots 

Post#2 » by dckingsfan » Mon Sep 4, 2023 8:13 pm

Arguably their biggest weakness during the playoffs... A smart move to be able to evaluate as many Cs as possible during preseason.

It will be difficult to get the same number of wins this season given what other teams in the west have done & that the Kings won't be able to surprise anyone - they will have a target on their back.

Still, they could improve even if just their youngsters (specifically Murray and Edwards) continue to make strides.
jk31
Rookie
And1: 692

Post#3 » by jk31 » Mon Sep 4, 2023 9:18 pm

skal labissiere is still in the league?!
Sactwon4Life
Freshman
And1: 7

Post#4 » by Sactwon4Life » Mon Sep 4, 2023 9:32 pm

Agree with your take, Keeg, Off Night, Edwards & Jones development could really help this team and propel them to 50+ wins. I like to have some good competition for a legit backup center, but still wondering why Monte hasn't signed a 3rd PG? Sure Monk & Jones could run point in spot duty, but I would prefer a solid, experienced guy who can take over and run things if De'Aaron or Davion get hurt.
Sactwon4Life
Freshman
And1: 7

Post#5 » by Sactwon4Life » Mon Sep 4, 2023 9:35 pm

jk31 wrote:skal labissiere is still in the league?!

He's mostly been in the g-league or on international teams the past 3 or so years. I think they plan to use him mainly in Stockton, which will help them if Queta cracks the main roster or even if he doesn't. He might prefer to go with another team rather than play in Stockton once again.
TimeisIllmatic
Sixth Man
And1: 323

Post#6 » by TimeisIllmatic » Mon Sep 4, 2023 11:27 pm

I'd be surprised if Noel makes the cut so basically it'll be McGee and Len that get the roster spots and Queta on the outside looking in.
Salty1
Senior
And1: 81

Post#7 » by Salty1 » Tue Sep 5, 2023 4:01 am

TimeisIllmatic wrote:I'd be surprised if Noel makes the cut so basically it'll be McGee and Len that get the roster spots and Queta on the outside looking in.

Queta is going to be the hungrier and cheaper option. We’ll see, but he’s there for a reason
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,299

Post#8 » by Lalouie » Tue Sep 5, 2023 5:40 am

lmao...THAT'S A HORRIBLE LIST OF CENTERS
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,871

Post#9 » by the_process » Tue Sep 5, 2023 2:26 pm

They can join Philly in rolling out the 5 center lineup :lol:
TimeisIllmatic
Sixth Man
And1: 323

Post#10 » by TimeisIllmatic » Tue Sep 5, 2023 2:43 pm

Salty1 wrote:
TimeisIllmatic wrote:I'd be surprised if Noel makes the cut so basically it'll be McGee and Len that get the roster spots and Queta on the outside looking in.

Queta is going to be the hungrier and cheaper option. We’ll see, but he’s there for a reason

The kid definitely has more upside than McGee and Len. I hope he gets a chance somewhere in the NBA if it's not on the Kings.
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,151

Post#11 » by ontnut » Tue Sep 5, 2023 4:25 pm

jk31 wrote:skal labissiere is still in the league?!

That was my fyrst thought too lol.

I fel like Noel Or McGee would be best to sub Sabonis with as they offer different skills. It's certainly not a promising list though.
MegaK
Bench Warmer
And1: 133

Post#12 » by MegaK » Tue Sep 5, 2023 4:55 pm

Yo Nerlens got dun dirty bro! Rich Paul messed he bag up bro! He shoulda been got a big bag a while back bro! Now he can't get a spot bro!? SMH bro!
DieHardKingsFan
Freshman
And1: 3

Post#13 » by DieHardKingsFan » Wed Sep 6, 2023 2:32 am

MegaK wrote:Yo Nerlens got dun dirty bro! Rich Paul messed he bag up bro! He shoulda been got a big bag a while back bro! Now he can't get a spot bro!? SMH bro!

Oh no, bro. Fo sho, bro. I don’t know, they oughta know, bro.

Return to Wiretap Discussion