Jrue Holiday On Eve Of Trade: I Don't Want To Play For Any Team Other Than Bucks

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 294

Jrue Holiday On Eve Of Trade: I Don't Want To Play For Any Team Other Than Bucks 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:30 pm

In an interview published the day before the Milwaukee Bucks traded Jrue Holiday for Damian Lillard, he revealed how much he wanted to remain with the franchise he was traded to in 2020. Lillard also cleared up his comments from May 2022 that he was contemplating retirement when his current contract expires in 2025.

“No, I don’t plan on retiring. I don’t plan on retiring,” Holiday told the Journal Sentinel, leaning back on an orange leather couch set back off the balcony of SRGN Studios in Los Angeles.

“Just them being my friends and we’ve talked about stages in basketball and sometimes you go through modes or hard spots where like, even with my family, maybe the best thing to do is retire or even just being tired and being exhausted, playing a lot of basketball. But no.

“My answer is no, I’m not retiring.”

Holiday was asked if is open to signing an extension with the Bucks.

“Would love to,” he said. “Before I even won here I think I said I’m a Buck for life and I mean that like deep in my heart. I don’t want to play for any other team. I think we have a chance to continue to do great things as the Bucks team and organization so I want to be in Milwaukee.”

Since the Bucks agreed to trade Holiday to the Blazers, there is reported interest from the Philadelphia 76ers and Miami Heat.

Via Jim Owczarski/Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

stlboy
Sophomore
And1: 17

Re: Jrue Holiday On Eve Of Trade: I Don't Want To Play For Any Team Other Than Bucks 

Post#2 » by stlboy » Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:45 pm

The Celtics need to be one of those teams interested in Jrue.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Re: Jrue Holiday On Eve Of Trade: I Don't Want To Play For Any Team Other Than Bucks 

Post#3 » by ecuhus1981 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:54 pm

A cautionary tale for players who pledge loyalty to their team. And we wonder why players want to leave situations before the decision is out of their hands. Damian is truly a superstar, but Jrue deserved better.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
kenwood3333
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,217

Post#4 » by kenwood3333 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:24 pm

Let see if he is true to his words.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,964

Post#5 » by Snakebites » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:26 pm

He’s still got a valuable skill set. He’ll end up on another good team.
DoctorDunc
Junior
And1: 45

Post#6 » by DoctorDunc » Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:46 pm

Jrue would be a huge upgrade for any of 8-10 teams looking to contend.
alienpick
Starter
And1: 619

Post#7 » by alienpick » Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:33 am

The writing in this story is a hot mess. Journalism has plummeted in professionalism recently.
tigerae
Rookie
And1: 240

Post#8 » by tigerae » Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:13 am

alienpick wrote:The writing in this story is a hot mess. Journalism has plummeted in professionalism recently.

The article is just basically quotes from an interview Jrue recently had. It's straight and to the point, providing the main point of Jrue wanting to remain with the Bucks basically on the eve of him getting traded. I thought it was fairly insightful and made me feel bad for Jrue. It was a good upgrade for the Bucks offensively so I see why they do it, but I'm not sure if that doesn't hurt them too much defensively. Time will tell.
_BALLDONTLIE
Sophomore
And1: 162

Post#9 » by _BALLDONTLIE » Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:04 pm

tigerae wrote:
alienpick wrote:The writing in this story is a hot mess. Journalism has plummeted in professionalism recently.

The article is just basically quotes from an interview Jrue recently had. It's straight and to the point, providing the main point of Jrue wanting to remain with the Bucks basically on the eve of him getting traded. I thought it was fairly insightful and made me feel bad for Jrue. It was a good upgrade for the Bucks offensively so I see why they do it, but I'm not sure if that doesn't hurt them too much defensively. Time will tell.

I think he's speaking on RealGM "article" and then mostly this part where they randomly switch to Lillard as the subject instead of Holiday which is a little confusing.

"Lillard also cleared up his comments from May 2022 that he was contemplating retirement when his current contract expires in 2025."

I don't know if writers of these type of blurbs are even considered legit journalists though, and RealGM has been bad on this front for a long time so it doesn't say that much about the recent state of journalism IMO.

Return to Wiretap Discussion