LeBron James On Owning Las Vegas Expansion Team: It Just Makes Sense

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 295

LeBron James On Owning Las Vegas Expansion Team: It Just Makes Sense 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:47 pm

The Los Angeles Lakers and Brooklyn Nets played a preseason game in Las Vegas on Monday night. The Lakers playing preseason games in Las Vegas has become an annual tradition. Following the game, LeBron James was asked why he wants to own and bring an NBA expansion team to Las Vegas.

"It just makes sense," said James.

The Lakers star then rattled off all of the professional sports teams that call the city home, including the NFL's Raiders, the NHL's Golden Knight, the WNBA's Aces and soon-to-be MLB's Athletics. James also cited the NBA's relationship with Las Vegas, including All-Star Weekend, NBA Summer League, USA Basketball and the In-Season Tournament.

James finished by saying that adding an NBA team would continue the momentum Las Vegas has as a pro sports town. James added "It's only a matter of time" before there is an NBA team in the city.

Via Arash Markazi/The Messenger

bqmuzik
Junior
And1: 62

Re: LeBron James On Owning Las Vegas Expansion Team: It Just Makes Sense 

Post#2 » by bqmuzik » Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:28 pm

I live in Vegas. I want Lebron having nothing to do with this team. Gonna find a way to make **** about himself
NBA4Lyfe
Veteran
And1: 1,654

Post#3 » by NBA4Lyfe » Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:39 pm

Lebron is the John cena of the nba. Dude turned off so many hardcore nba fans with lack of technical game and no fundamentals. Greatest transition player in the nba history tho I’ll give him that
Rodrickle
Pro Prospect
And1: 581

Post#4 » by Rodrickle » Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:43 pm

NBA4Lyfe wrote:Lebron is the John cena of the nba. Dude turned off so many hardcore nba fans with lack of technical game and no fundamentals. Greatest transition player in the nba history tho I’ll give him that

I'm not a Lebron fan but no fundamentals? Quite possibly the dumbest take I've ever heard. Tell me you never played basketball without telling me you never played basketball.
hyper316
RealGM
And1: 9,692

Post#5 » by hyper316 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:49 pm

Find it strange that NBA will be the last major sport in Las Vegas
dubbmotta
Senior
And1: 109

Post#6 » by dubbmotta » Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:02 pm

Rodrickle wrote:
NBA4Lyfe wrote:Lebron is the John cena of the nba. Dude turned off so many hardcore nba fans with lack of technical game and no fundamentals. Greatest transition player in the nba history tho I’ll give him that

I'm not a Lebron fan but no fundamentals? Quite possibly the dumbest take I've ever heard. Tell me you never played basketball without telling me you never played basketball.

Yea, this might be one of the dumbest comments posted here..and I'm not a Bron fan. Bron is one of the most fundamental players in the NBA. What you watching??
ImOnFire
Freshman
And1: 14

Post#7 » by ImOnFire » Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:34 pm

hyper316 wrote:Find it strange that NBA will be the last major sport in Las Vegas

Its the one with the most known issues with Gambling.
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,396

Post#8 » by Scalabrine » Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:57 pm

ImOnFire wrote:
hyper316 wrote:Find it strange that NBA will be the last major sport in Las Vegas

Its the one with the most known issues with Gambling.

Not the MLB? Pete Rose is one the greatest players of all time and he's not in the HOF because he was gambling on his own teams.
Go Knicks!
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,875

Post#9 » by Beethoven » Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:40 pm

Rodrickle wrote:

Agreed. I loled as soon as I read the second sentence, which revealed nothing about Lebron, but was more a hint into the poster's self insecurity.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
NBA4Lyfe
Veteran

Post#10 » by NBA4Lyfe » Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:34 pm

Double post
NBA4Lyfe
Veteran

Post#11 » by NBA4Lyfe » Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:34 pm

Beethoven wrote:
Rodrickle wrote:

Agreed. I loled as soon as I read the second sentence, which revealed nothing about Lebron, but was more a hint into the poster's self insecurity.

LeBron James in summary

Free-throws.. not his game
Playin off the ball- not his game
3 point shot: not his game
Post moves: not his game
Defense: not his game
Great handles- not his game

Lebron james the John cena of the NBA. Because John cena also has poor wrestling fundamentals and mic skills but the wwe for 15 years kept shoving him down our throats till people got sick of the wwe altogether
saltybs
Sophomore
And1: 59

Post#12 » by saltybs » Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:48 pm

NBA4Lyfe wrote:
Beethoven wrote:
Rodrickle wrote:

LeBron James in summary

Lebron james the John cena of the NBA. Because John cena also has poor wrestling fundamentals and mic skills but the wwe for 15 years kept shoving him down our throats till people got sick of the wwe altogether

Are these troll posts I cannot tell. Your take on "fundamentals" seems to boil down to "if you're not one of the top 10 players in the league at any one of the above categories, you're not a fundamental player."

Defense? In his prime, a top defender in the league. Playing off the ball? He's been a point guard more or less his whole career, regardless of what BasketballReference tells you his "position" is. Do we criticize John Stockton for lack of "off the ball" skills? Lol no. Post moves? Dude are you serious? The guy is a wizard backing players down, then hitting that fade-away or up n' under. You seem to think post moves only = big men doing drop steps and over-shoulder hooks aka you have no idea what the F you're talking about. There's so much more to "post moves" than that (ask Kobe). Great handles? OK this is where you're trolling everyone. LeBron with the ball in his hands has been one of the most consistent points-per-possession over the last 20 years are you on crack?? Free throws? He's adequate, so who cares. 3 point shot? Sure, he could be better but in his prime no one was dropping 10' off him on a wide open kick out so, again, he's adequate and who cares.

I thought RealGM's readership was better than this. I'm thinking the poster here is like 15 years old and never really saw "real" LeBron James, which honestly lasted the better part of 15 years which is incredible.

Signed, a Knicks fan who isn't even a big LeBron homer.
sogood
Analyst
And1: 5,096

Post#13 » by sogood » Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:51 pm

NBA4Lyfe wrote:
Beethoven wrote:
Rodrickle wrote:

LeBron James in summary

You're a moron.
napdash
Sophomore
And1: 14

Post#14 » by napdash » Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:54 pm

Middle of desert... no water... makes total sense lol
HangTime
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,608

Post#15 » by HangTime » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:14 pm

Vegas shouldn't have its own team.

It should just be the "meeting place" of sorts.

Have the following there:

-Summer League
-Draft
-In-season tournament
-some Allstar games
-pre-season games
-summer international exposure games vs G-League teams
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 10,261

Post#16 » by Stannis » Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:31 pm

When LBJ was about to enter the league, MJ retired.

When LBJ was about to buy a new, MJ sold his team.

Clear as day that MJ is afraid of the real GOAT
Free Palestine
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,907

Post#17 » by deeps6x » Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:37 pm

Naw, put your billion into some random aircoin that nobody's ever heard of before. The LeB token.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Post#18 » by TheCage4 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:38 pm

I'll be curious to see how many fines he will incur for trying to recruit players under contract with other teams.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
Wallace_Wallace
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,250

Post#19 » by Wallace_Wallace » Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:52 pm

sogood wrote:
NBA4Lyfe wrote:
Beethoven wrote:Agreed. I loled as soon as I read the second sentence, which revealed nothing about Lebron, but was more a hint into the poster's self insecurity.

LeBron James in summary

You're a moron.

LeBron is one of the greatest at the combination of all those things you stated, not to mentioned his longevity and endurance.

John Cena has poor mic skills? :crazy: :crazy:

Something related to the original topic:
Spoiler:
LeBron shouldn't have a team in Las Vegas since he didn't seem to be fan the city. He said one of his most regrettable purchases was buying a house in Las Vegas (one of the hottest real estate markets in the US). He can stay in CA just like many others.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,472

Post#20 » by zimpy27 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:52 pm

bqmuzik wrote:I live in Vegas. I want Lebron having nothing to do with this team. Gonna find a way to make **** about himself

You just made it about you though :lol:
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie

Return to Wiretap Discussion