Sixers Know Clippers Offered Terance Mann To Blazers

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 295

Sixers Know Clippers Offered Terance Mann To Blazers 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:53 pm

Even as the Philadelphia 76ers barred James Harden from traveling on the team's season-opening road trip, they remain resolute in trade talks. The Sixers aren't backing down in talks with the LA Clippers and continue to insist that Terance Mann be a part of the trade package.

Part of Philadelphia's insistence on acquiring Mann, is that they know Mann was offered to the Portland Trail Blazers when LA tried to acquire Jrue Holiday. Portland ultimately traded Holiday to the Boston Celtics.

To date, the Clippers have refused to part with Mann, in addition to unprotected first-round picks and swaps. LA reportedly believes they are the only suitor for Harden. Philadelphia believes there is pressure on the Clippers, with Kawhi Leonard and Paul George pending free agents this summer.

Via Jake Fischer/Yahoo Sports

Hullajelolt
Junior
And1: 514

Re: Sixers Know Clippers Offered Terance Mann To Blazers 

Post#2 » by Hullajelolt » Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:29 pm

This was the first offseason where Kawhi was healthy for the Clippers, and they could also build chemistry with Westbrook at the point, I think this will show at the start of the season. Lots of teams undervalue continuity, I really hope the Clippers will first evaluate what they have on the court, and if the pieces seem to click, they don't make a trade just for the sake of making a trade.

(And I also don't want to watch Harden-ball, but that's another story.)
IkeDoIt
Sophomore
And1: 21

Post#3 » by IkeDoIt » Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:45 pm

Because Dame is worth WAYYYY more than Harden
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,088

Post#4 » by mg » Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:18 pm

IkeDoIt wrote:Because Dame is worth WAYYYY more than Harden

Clips offered Mann for Jrue. Jrue at this point is more valuable than Harden too.
puja21
Bench Warmer
And1: 205

Post#5 » by puja21 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:22 pm

Hullajelolt wrote:This was the first offseason where Kawhi was healthy for the Clippers, and they could also build chemistry with Westbrook at the point, I think this will show at the start of the season. Lots of teams undervalue continuity, I really hope the Clippers will first evaluate what they have on the court, and if the pieces seem to click, they don't make a trade just for the sake of making a trade.

(And I also don't want to watch Harden-ball, but that's another story.)

Not to be overly doom-and-gloom, but seems like postseason health is more important than getting an offseason when it comes to Kawhi

He was rolling in that 2021 Jazz series, 33 and 10 on 54% shooting in the last 2 wins before the injury.

And in the Western Finals, they still took Phoenix to 6 with just PG13 (who was also on fire vs. the Suns)

I think the last few years (Miami for instance) have shown us the regular season unfortunately just isn't very important.
NBA4Lyfe
Veteran
And1: 1,654

Post#6 » by NBA4Lyfe » Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:44 pm

mg wrote:

Clips offered Mann for Jrue. Jrue at this point is more valuable than Harden too.

Nah, nba execs are just trying lower hardens value. Harden was all nba level last year. I’ve said from the beginning this is gonna end with lawyers involved
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,814

Post#7 » by Dennis 37 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:09 pm

Illogical. If a team offers player A for Player B, it doesn't follow that the team must offer player A for player C.

Raptors wouldn't include Scottie Barnes in a package for Durant. If Embid were up for grabs, that would be a different story.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,814

Post#8 » by Dennis 37 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:11 pm

NBA4Lyfe wrote:
mg wrote:

Nah, nba execs are just trying lower hardens value. Harden was all nba level last year. I’ve said from the beginning this is gonna end with lawyers involved

Lawyers can't force the Clippers to trade for anyone or dictate what they must trade.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,495

Post#9 » by Eyeamok » Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:31 pm

Dennis 37 wrote:
NBA4Lyfe wrote:
mg wrote:

Lawyers can't force the Clippers to trade for anyone or dictate what they must trade.

Neil Olshey
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

Bring on the draft

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 533

Post#10 » by TheCage4 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:49 pm

Morey needs to realize he has zero leverage.

There’s a saying, “you get what you get and you don’t get upset.”
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -V
NBA4Lyfe
Veteran
And1: 1,654

Post#11 » by NBA4Lyfe » Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:27 pm

Dennis 37 wrote:
NBA4Lyfe wrote:
mg wrote:

I said nothing about the clippers. I’m specifically talking about voters colluding to keep harden off all nba and thus intentionally devaluing him across the league as a talent. I bet if you ask the basketball reference website to spit out their all nba teams from this past season James harden would make the 2nd team. Their is a pattern of nba voters devaluing harden thus leading to were he is today. I love jaylen brown and dearon fox but no single advanced stat had them being better than harden last yr.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 5,045

Post#12 » by KGdaBom » Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:04 pm

TheCage4 wrote:Morey needs to realize he has zero leverage.

Morey has total leverage. He is the one who controls Harden's contract. if the Clippers want him they have to offer something that Morey will accept.
tigerae
Rookie
And1: 241

Post#13 » by tigerae » Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:13 pm

KGdaBom wrote:

Morey has total leverage. He is the one who controls Harden's contract. if the Clippers want him they have to offer something that Morey will accept.

The longer he waits the less leverage he has imo. There is only 1 team out there that want Harden. He may be hoping that as we get closer to the trade deadline a 2nd team will want him to push the price up, but as he has 1 season left on his contract, if he doesn't want to go there, there is a great chance he will be a distraction there and will walk in the off season. Making it difficult for a team to provide adequate value in return.

Harden has been and will continue to be a huge distraction for the Sixers. He will likely be an even bigger distraction in the locker room if they allow him to join the team. If they start losing too many games, don't be surprised if Embiid wants out as well. Harden can and will walk next season and they will get absolutely nothing in return.

He got Harden for Simmons, but that's because Harden asked for a trade and wanted to go there. Not because Morey was great at negotiating to get him there.

Lastly, if he waits too long the Clippers may very well go after Brogdon and bow out entirely from trying to acquire Harden. At that point Harden could go to a whole new level of being a distraction.
Roy T
Pro Prospect
And1: 922

Post#14 » by Roy T » Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:22 pm

Is he?

His contract is horrendous and Harden might (have to) sign for a very reasonable sum in the upcoming offseason.

If Paul George and Kawhi also accept team friendly deals, the Clippers might be able to add awesome depth to their roster.
tigerae
Rookie
And1: 241

Post#15 » by tigerae » Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:31 pm

Roy T wrote:

Is he?

His contract is horrendous and Harden might (have to) sign for a very reasonable sum in the upcoming offseason.

If Paul George and Kawhi also accept team friendly deals, the Clippers might be able to add awesome depth to their roster.

He absolutely is better than Harden and the Clippers / Balmer don't care about contract. They are getting a brand new state of the art stadium, building buzz around the city about it. It's going to make all of the other stadiums look outdated, let alone the Staples Center. Balmer wants a championship and is willing to spend if it gives him a better chance.

As for depth, they have some very decent depth at every single position. Probably one of the best in the league. A lot of 3 and D players who can guard multiple positions and 2 solid big men. Their biggest issue will be staying healthy. A Russ led Clippers gave the Suns trouble in every single game in the playoffs last season. If PG and Kawhi were healthy, I think they would have pulled out the series win. It would have made the Clippers a very hard series for the Nuggets.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,726

Post#16 » by Psubs » Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:59 pm

Clippers should be offering Mann, Powell and (filler Covington or Batum) for Harden and Danny Green.

I guess add whatever pick(s) the Clippers are allowed to trade.

PG Westbrook
SG Harden
SF George
PF Kawhi
C Zubac

:o
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,596

Post#17 » by og15 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:02 pm

NBA4Lyfe wrote:
Dennis 37 wrote:
NBA4Lyfe wrote:

I said nothing about the clippers. I’m specifically talking about voters colluding to keep harden off all nba and thus intentionally devaluing him across the league as a talent. I bet if you ask the basketball reference website to spit out their all nba teams from this past season James harden would make the 2nd team. Their is a pattern of nba voters devaluing harden thus leading to were he is today. I love jaylen brown and dearon fox but no single advanced stat had them being better than harden last yr.

And all the GM's are just mindless drones following the All-NBA votes in their player value evaluation :lol: :lol: :lol:
tyler_rex
Sophomore
And1: 19

Post#18 » by tyler_rex » Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:19 pm

My question would be how do the Sixers know for a fact that is what the Clippers offered?
Whetzell
Junior
And1: 96

Post#19 » by Whetzell » Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:21 pm

Until a team with playoff expectations has a terrible start and more offers come in. He's not an idiot.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 5,045

Post#20 » by KGdaBom » Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:29 pm

tigerae wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

The longer he waits the less leverage he has imo. There is only 1 team out there that want Harden. He may be hoping that as we get closer to the trade deadline a 2nd team will want him to push the price up, but as he has 1 season left on his contract, if he doesn't want to go there, there is a great chance he will be a distraction there and will walk in the off season. Making it difficult for a team to provide adequate value in return.

Harden has been and will continue to be a huge distraction for the Sixers. He will likely be an even bigger distraction in the locker room if they allow him to join the team. If they start losing too many games, don't be surprised if Embiid wants out as well. Harden can and will walk next season and they will get absolutely nothing in return.

He got Harden for Simmons, but that's because Harden asked for a trade and wanted to go there. Not because Morey was great at negotiating to get him there.

Lastly, if he waits too long the Clippers may very well go after Brogdon and bow out entirely from trying to acquire Harden. At that point Harden could go to a whole new level of being a distraction.

Morey is the one who controls Harden's contract. The leverage is his. Any team who wants Harden's services has to make an offer that Morey will accept.

Return to Wiretap Discussion