Robert Williams III To Undergo Knee Surgery

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 295

Robert Williams III To Undergo Knee Surgery 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Nov 7, 2023 12:23 am

Robert Williams III will undergo right knee surgery. There are ongoing conversations over what type of procedure Williams will undergo, which will determine when he can return.

The Blazers acquired Wiliams in September from the Boston Celtics as part of the Jrue Holiday trade.

The Blazers had received trade interest on Williams.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

pushfloater
Freshman
And1: 15

Re: Robert Williams III To Undergo Knee Surgery 

Post#2 » by pushfloater » Tue Nov 7, 2023 12:30 am

This man has Kawhi syndrome
elmdawgg69
Veteran
And1: 85

Post#3 » by elmdawgg69 » Tue Nov 7, 2023 12:33 am

I thought the Blazers would be the surprise team, but with Scoot, Robert Williams, and Simons hurt, it’s time to trade Brogdon while his value is higher than ever and mail in the season to get a top 3 pick. Blazers will be really good next season.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,230

Post#4 » by Pickled Prunes » Tue Nov 7, 2023 1:39 am

elmdawgg69 wrote:I thought the Blazers would be the surprise team, but with Scoot, Robert Williams, and Simons hurt, it’s time to trade Brogdon while his value is higher than ever and mail in the season to get a top 3 pick. Blazers will be really good next season.

Scoot and Simons may be "really good" individually, but they will never be "really good" together. They are too small and we already know Simons is a poor defender. Scoot can't shoot, and as hyped as his passing is, Scoot has 23 AST's, 20 TOV's and 20 PF's. You are correct about cashing in on Brogdon, but at least one of Scoot/Simons will need to go before they approach "really good"... maybe both.
The Hypnotoad
Rookie
And1: 425

Post#5 » by The Hypnotoad » Tue Nov 7, 2023 2:35 am

Love how the celts can just trade injured players away and get whoever they want, and yet teams still make deals with them.
dkb964
Junior
And1: 242

Post#6 » by dkb964 » Tue Nov 7, 2023 4:25 am

His game reminds me of Larry Sanders. Hopefully he can get healthy and stay healthy.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,230

Post#7 » by Pickled Prunes » Tue Nov 7, 2023 5:08 am

dkb964 wrote:His game reminds me of Larry Sanders. Hopefully he can get healthy and stay healthy.

And smoke less weed?
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,981

Post#8 » by Cassius » Tue Nov 7, 2023 6:51 am

The Hypnotoad wrote:Love how the celts can just trade injured players away and get whoever they want, and yet teams still make deals with them.

My thoughts exactly. Same thing happened with Brogdon but it took the Clippers to call shenanigans and nix the deal.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
Lee in Oregon
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#9 » by Lee in Oregon » Tue Nov 7, 2023 9:46 am

Don't put this on the Celtics, they loved the guy but he was constantly hurt. The Blazers love to take chances on often injured big men, going back to Sam Bowie & Oden. Robert's whole game is predicated on jumping out of the gym, and now another season lost. I hope he can bounce back to what he was a couple years ago.
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,680

Post#10 » by hype_2004 » Tue Nov 7, 2023 12:44 pm

elmdawgg69 wrote:I thought the Blazers would be the surprise team, but with Scoot, Robert Williams, and Simons hurt, it’s time to trade Brogdon while his value is higher than ever and mail in the season to get a top 3 pick. Blazers will be really good next season.

I concur just tank the season and get that top 3 pick, the seasons a wash for the Blazers. Brogdon should be traded to a contender or a team that needs veteran help. I would love for the Raptors to get him, he provides much needed depth on the backcourt.
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,590

Post#11 » by BarbaGrizz » Tue Nov 7, 2023 5:05 pm

RWIII is damaged goods. Remember when Celtics fans were overrating him and making him the main asset in any star trade?
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,429

Post#12 » by ecuhus1981 » Tue Nov 7, 2023 8:07 pm

The Hypnotoad wrote:Love how the celts can just trade injured players away and get whoever they want, and yet teams still make deals with them.

FACTS
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin

Return to Wiretap Discussion