Zach LaVine Prefers Lakers, Heat, Sixers As Trade Destination

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
Posts: 101,191
And1: 289
Joined: Mar 19, 2013

Zach LaVine Prefers Lakers, Heat, Sixers As Trade Destination 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:37 am

Zach LaVine reportedly prefers to get traded to the Los Angeles Lakers, Miami Heat, or the Philadelphia 76ers, sources told Jake Fischer of Yahoo! Sports.


LaVine is also interested in the Spurs and the Kings as a destination.


Sources add that LaVine does not view the Bulls roster as competitive, and is also looking to play under a different coach.


There is a belief around the league that a LaVine trade wouldn't happen until later in the season.


The Lakers, Heat, and Sixers have all registered interest in LaVine.

Via Jake Fischer/Yahoo! Sports

TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 8,749
And1: 507
Joined: Aug 22, 2001
Location: NY
       

Re: Zach LaVine Prefers Lakers, Heat, Sixers As Trade Destination 

Post#2 » by TheCage4 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:53 am

He doesn’t have a no-trade clause :lol:
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
elmdawgg69
Veteran
Posts: 2,660
And1: 75
Joined: Dec 24, 2004
Contact:

Re: Zach LaVine Prefers Lakers, Heat, Sixers As Trade Destination 

Post#3 » by elmdawgg69 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:35 am

Sixers would be very wise to trade for him and Derozan. They have the draft capital and salaries.
alienpick
Starter
Posts: 2,123
And1: 614
Joined: Apr 10, 2013
 

Re: Zach LaVine Prefers Lakers, Heat, Sixers As Trade Destination 

Post#4 » by alienpick » Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:50 pm

TheCage4 wrote:He doesn’t have a no-trade clause :lol:


The vast majority of players don't. Only a select few.
CanesHeatFins
Senior
Posts: 658
And1: 649
Joined: Feb 16, 2015
     

Re: Zach LaVine Prefers Lakers, Heat, Sixers As Trade Destination 

Post#5 » by CanesHeatFins » Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:36 pm

History would suggest that he definitely won't make it to Miami if he truly did make a trade request to go there.
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 4,678
And1: 3,110
Joined: Jan 16, 2013
         

Re: Zach LaVine Prefers Lakers, Heat, Sixers As Trade Destination 

Post#6 » by Darthlukey » Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:19 pm

CanesHeatFins wrote:History would suggest that he definitely won't make it to Miami if he truly did make a trade request to go there.

The teams he chose all have nearly the weakest assets to make a deal. Players like those locations and I can understand why, but requires the incumbent team to get robbed, everytime
Elnegron
Rookie
Posts: 1,169
And1: 366
Joined: May 20, 2017
         

Re: Zach LaVine Prefers Lakers, Heat, Sixers As Trade Destination 

Post#7 » by Elnegron » Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:33 pm

Darthlukey wrote:
CanesHeatFins wrote:History would suggest that he definitely won't make it to Miami if he truly did make a trade request to go there.

The teams he chose all have nearly the weakest assets to make a deal. Players like those locations and I can understand why, but requires the incumbent team to get robbed, everytime

You act like lavine can command this good ass package which male you delusional. Those 3 teams have enough to make a trade. All of them have 2 1st to trade for but lavine isn't worth all that knowing the size of his contract and his production. Bulls will be lucky if they get a 1st and a good young controllable asset
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 4,678
And1: 3,110
Joined: Jan 16, 2013
         

Re: Zach LaVine Prefers Lakers, Heat, Sixers As Trade Destination 

Post#8 » by Darthlukey » Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:38 pm

Elnegron wrote:
Darthlukey wrote:
CanesHeatFins wrote:History would suggest that he definitely won't make it to Miami if he truly did make a trade request to go there.

The teams he chose all have nearly the weakest assets to make a deal. Players like those locations and I can understand why, but requires the incumbent team to get robbed, everytime

You act like lavine can command this good ass package which male you delusional. Those 3 teams have enough to make a trade. All of them have 2 1st to trade for but lavine isn't worth all that knowing the size of his contract and his production. Bulls will be lucky if they get a 1st and a good young controllable asset

I mean, attack all you like. But in the end, lavine is worth a ton to each of those teams, makes all of them legit contenders rather than pretenders. And the bulls should know that. Meaning a 1st and a young piece is a joke
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
Posts: 7,423
And1: 1,186
Joined: Sep 14, 2010

Re: Zach LaVine Prefers Lakers, Heat, Sixers As Trade Destination 

Post#9 » by Pickled Prunes » Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:48 pm

Lakers, Heat and 76ers fans prefer he go somewhere else.
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
Posts: 7,423
And1: 1,186
Joined: Sep 14, 2010

Re: Zach LaVine Prefers Lakers, Heat, Sixers As Trade Destination 

Post#10 » by Pickled Prunes » Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:04 am

Darthlukey wrote:
Elnegron wrote:
Darthlukey wrote:The teams he chose all have nearly the weakest assets to make a deal. Players like those locations and I can understand why, but requires the incumbent team to get robbed, everytime

You act like lavine can command this good ass package which male you delusional. Those 3 teams have enough to make a trade. All of them have 2 1st to trade for but lavine isn't worth all that knowing the size of his contract and his production. Bulls will be lucky if they get a 1st and a good young controllable asset

I mean, attack all you like. But in the end, lavine is worth a ton to each of those teams, makes all of them legit contenders rather than pretenders. And the bulls should know that. Meaning a 1st and a young piece is a joke

I disagree that he makes the other team a contender. He is a high injury risk on a big/long contract. I would normally say he's a slightly better version of Tyler Herro, but Herro's numbers are better than LaVine's so far this season.

I also think LaVine's contract is risky enough to remove all of the positives he might have as the #3 on a contender. They are unlikely to get a large haul for him. It will be closer to the Beal deal than the Gobert deal, and almost certainly wont end in a title.
Rek
Senior
Posts: 595
And1: 128
Joined: Jul 30, 2013
     

Re: Zach LaVine Prefers Lakers, Heat, Sixers As Trade Destination 

Post#11 » by Rek » Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:46 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:Lakers, Heat and 76ers fans prefer he go somewhere else.

Facts
Toine85
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,227
And1: 61
Joined: Jun 05, 2001
Location: In the Knicks' Front Office
       

Re: Zach LaVine Prefers Lakers, Heat, Sixers As Trade Destination 

Post#12 » by Toine85 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:52 am

TheCage4 wrote:He doesn’t have a no-trade clause :lol:

He has a 15% trade kicker on the remaining salary of his contract. So unless the Bulls don’t care about paying him $26m+ (15% of ~$175m) to trade him anywhere, I assume they asked what teams he wants to go to where he would waive the kicker…
Toine85
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,227
And1: 61
Joined: Jun 05, 2001
Location: In the Knicks' Front Office
       

Re: Zach LaVine Prefers Lakers, Heat, Sixers As Trade Destination 

Post#13 » by Toine85 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:25 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:
Darthlukey wrote:
Elnegron wrote:You act like lavine can command this good ass package which male you delusional. Those 3 teams have enough to make a trade. All of them have 2 1st to trade for but lavine isn't worth all that knowing the size of his contract and his production. Bulls will be lucky if they get a 1st and a good young controllable asset

I mean, attack all you like. But in the end, lavine is worth a ton to each of those teams, makes all of them legit contenders rather than pretenders. And the bulls should know that. Meaning a 1st and a young piece is a joke

I disagree that he makes the other team a contender. He is a high injury risk on a big/long contract. I would normally say he's a slightly better version of Tyler Herro, but Herro's numbers are better than LaVine's so far this season.

I also think LaVine's contract is risky enough to remove all of the positives he might have as the #3 on a contender. They are unlikely to get a large haul for him. It will be closer to the Beal deal than the Gobert deal, and almost certainly wont end in a title.


I agree with this assessment 100%.

When I was considering the three teams on LaVine’s wish list, I started to doubt LAL or Philly would be interested based on who they would have to give up.

1. LAL would have to trade at least DLo and Rui to make salaries work and maybe even Jarred Vanderbilt too (Not sure LaVine is even an upgrade at that point)? Also deal could not happen until mid Jan at the earliest due to trade restrictions.

2. PHL would have to trade the expiring contracts of Morris, Covington, Batum for him or Tobias Harris for him? If I were Morey, I would rather use up all the cap space from next year to re-sign Maxey and sign a free agent like Jrue Holiday or DeRozan for less than what LaVine is owed. Also a trade could not be completed until early Jan if they traded the ex-Clippers package due to trade restrictions.

IMO, the ONLY feasible option would be if Bulls are willing to take on Duncan Robinson’s horrendous contract in return. If they are, then I think Duncan Robinson, Kyle Lowry’s expiring, plus a late 1st or two 2nds would make sense to both sides. But as Pickled Prunes pointed out, LaVine’s numbers don’t even seem to be better than Herro’s at the moment, so why would the Heat even pull the trigger?
Toine85
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,227
And1: 61
Joined: Jun 05, 2001
Location: In the Knicks' Front Office
       

Re: Zach LaVine Prefers Lakers, Heat, Sixers As Trade Destination 

Post#14 » by Toine85 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:12 pm

Toine85 wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:
Darthlukey wrote:I mean, attack all you like. But in the end, lavine is worth a ton to each of those teams, makes all of them legit contenders rather than pretenders. And the bulls should know that. Meaning a 1st and a young piece is a joke

I disagree that he makes the other team a contender. He is a high injury risk on a big/long contract. I would normally say he's a slightly better version of Tyler Herro, but Herro's numbers are better than LaVine's so far this season.

I also think LaVine's contract is risky enough to remove all of the positives he might have as the #3 on a contender. They are unlikely to get a large haul for him. It will be closer to the Beal deal than the Gobert deal, and almost certainly wont end in a title.


I agree with this assessment 100%.

When I was considering the three teams on LaVine’s wish list, I started to doubt LAL or Philly would be interested based on who they would have to give up.

1. LAL would have to trade at least DLo and Rui to make salaries work and maybe even Jarred Vanderbilt too (Not sure LaVine is even an upgrade at that point)? Also deal could not happen until mid Jan at the earliest due to trade restrictions.

2. PHL would have to trade the expiring contracts of Morris, Covington, Batum for him or Tobias Harris for him? If I were Morey, I would rather use up all the cap space from next year to re-sign Maxey and sign a free agent like Jrue Holiday or DeRozan for less than what LaVine is owed. Also a trade could not be completed until early Jan if they traded the ex-Clippers package due to trade restrictions.

IMO, the ONLY feasible option would be if Bulls are willing to take on Duncan Robinson’s horrendous contract in return. If they are, then I think Duncan Robinson, Kyle Lowry’s expiring, plus a late 1st or two 2nds would make sense to both sides. But as Pickled Prunes pointed out, LaVine’s numbers don’t even seem to be better than Herro’s at the moment, so why would the Heat even pull the trigger?


Saw this on the trade board and makes a lot of sense to me:
Lavine + Caruso for Rui, Reaves, Russell, Hood-Schifino and a pick.

Only change I would make is Gabe Vincent instead of Reaves, but I can see a version of the above trade happening.

If Bulls attach Caruso to LaVine, then I can see Lakers being a lot more feasible.
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
Posts: 7,423
And1: 1,186
Joined: Sep 14, 2010

Re: Zach LaVine Prefers Lakers, Heat, Sixers As Trade Destination 

Post#15 » by Pickled Prunes » Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:42 pm

Toine85 wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:
Darthlukey wrote:I mean, attack all you like. But in the end, lavine is worth a ton to each of those teams, makes all of them legit contenders rather than pretenders. And the bulls should know that. Meaning a 1st and a young piece is a joke

I disagree that he makes the other team a contender. He is a high injury risk on a big/long contract. I would normally say he's a slightly better version of Tyler Herro, but Herro's numbers are better than LaVine's so far this season.

I also think LaVine's contract is risky enough to remove all of the positives he might have as the #3 on a contender. They are unlikely to get a large haul for him. It will be closer to the Beal deal than the Gobert deal, and almost certainly wont end in a title.


I agree with this assessment 100%.

When I was considering the three teams on LaVine’s wish list, I started to doubt LAL or Philly would be interested based on who they would have to give up.

1. LAL would have to trade at least DLo and Rui to make salaries work and maybe even Jarred Vanderbilt too (Not sure LaVine is even an upgrade at that point)? Also deal could not happen until mid Jan at the earliest due to trade restrictions.

2. PHL would have to trade the expiring contracts of Morris, Covington, Batum for him or Tobias Harris for him? If I were Morey, I would rather use up all the cap space from next year to re-sign Maxey and sign a free agent like Jrue Holiday or DeRozan for less than what LaVine is owed. Also a trade could not be completed until early Jan if they traded the ex-Clippers package due to trade restrictions.

IMO, the ONLY feasible option would be if Bulls are willing to take on Duncan Robinson’s horrendous contract in return. If they are, then I think Duncan Robinson, Kyle Lowry’s expiring, plus a late 1st or two 2nds would make sense to both sides. But as Pickled Prunes pointed out, LaVine’s numbers don’t even seem to be better than Herro’s at the moment, so why would the Heat even pull the trigger?

The ESPN trade machine says that after a straight up Tobias for LaVine trade, CHI would win 3 more games and PHI's win total would be unaffected. I know PHI fans like to beat this guy down, but I like Tobias much more than LaVine. He won't give you 40, but he's been quietly and consistently dropping 18/7/3 for most of his career.
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
Posts: 7,423
And1: 1,186
Joined: Sep 14, 2010

Re: Zach LaVine Prefers Lakers, Heat, Sixers As Trade Destination 

Post#16 » by Pickled Prunes » Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:53 pm

Toine85 wrote:
Toine85 wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:I disagree that he makes the other team a contender. He is a high injury risk on a big/long contract. I would normally say he's a slightly better version of Tyler Herro, but Herro's numbers are better than LaVine's so far this season.

I also think LaVine's contract is risky enough to remove all of the positives he might have as the #3 on a contender. They are unlikely to get a large haul for him. It will be closer to the Beal deal than the Gobert deal, and almost certainly wont end in a title.


I agree with this assessment 100%.

When I was considering the three teams on LaVine’s wish list, I started to doubt LAL or Philly would be interested based on who they would have to give up.

1. LAL would have to trade at least DLo and Rui to make salaries work and maybe even Jarred Vanderbilt too (Not sure LaVine is even an upgrade at that point)? Also deal could not happen until mid Jan at the earliest due to trade restrictions.

2. PHL would have to trade the expiring contracts of Morris, Covington, Batum for him or Tobias Harris for him? If I were Morey, I would rather use up all the cap space from next year to re-sign Maxey and sign a free agent like Jrue Holiday or DeRozan for less than what LaVine is owed. Also a trade could not be completed until early Jan if they traded the ex-Clippers package due to trade restrictions.

IMO, the ONLY feasible option would be if Bulls are willing to take on Duncan Robinson’s horrendous contract in return. If they are, then I think Duncan Robinson, Kyle Lowry’s expiring, plus a late 1st or two 2nds would make sense to both sides. But as Pickled Prunes pointed out, LaVine’s numbers don’t even seem to be better than Herro’s at the moment, so why would the Heat even pull the trigger?


Saw this on the trade board and makes a lot of sense to me:
Lavine + Caruso for Rui, Reaves, Russell, Hood-Schifino and a pick.

Only change I would make is Gabe Vincent instead of Reaves, but I can see a version of the above trade happening.

If Bulls attach Caruso to LaVine, then I can see Lakers being a lot more feasible.

I don't really see any reason why LAL would do this. That might be their 3rd, 4th and 5th best players. Rui has been great and should play more. Russell has also been good and I think they hope Reaves will pull it together. Even still...

Change in Team Outlook for LAL: -12.1 ppg, -3.3 rpg, and -6.6 apg.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,769
And1: 1,018
Joined: May 22, 2001

Re: Zach LaVine Prefers Lakers, Heat, Sixers As Trade Destination 

Post#17 » by Dewey » Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:14 am

Can’t imagine LaVine and DLo on the same team … 50 FGA’s per game and real defensive duo :lol:
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"

Return to Wiretap Discussion