Draymond Green Apologizes, Shows Contrition Following Ejection Against Wolves

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 295

Draymond Green Apologizes, Shows Contrition Following Ejection Against Wolves 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:57 am

Draymond Green reportedly apologized to his Golden State Warriors teammates and displayed contrition after getting ejected against the Minnesota Timberwolves earlier this week.

Green, who was suspended five games for grabbing Rudy Gobert by the neck, said that he wanted to protect his teammate but took it too far.

Steve Kerr admitted that Green deserved his five-game suspension.

“He helps us make adjustments a lot. When things aren’t going right, he’s one of the best basketball minds in the league. So he’s seeing things and he’s able to adapt and tell coach, ‘We should do this instead’ and we adjust. He makes things happen like that. Or he can just do it all himself on the court where he sees things happen. He cleans up a lot of mistakes. I think we missed that a lot from him. And he pushes the pace. When things aren’t going right, we can’t score, he pushes (it) and gets guys open shots and different guys good looks," said Kevon Looney on Thursday about what the team will miss without Green.

The Warriors are currently on a five-game losing streak.

Via Marcus Thompson II/The Athletic

Tamimi
Junior
And1: 31

Re: Draymond Green Apologizes, Shows Contrition Following Ejection Against Wolves 

Post#2 » by Tamimi » Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:39 pm

After he comes back: how many games do you guys think before he gets ejected again?
alienpick
Starter
And1: 620

Re: Draymond Green Apologizes, Shows Contrition Following Ejection Against Wolves 

Post#3 » by alienpick » Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:47 pm

Abusers who can't control their emotions always apologize. "that's not me", "i got carried away". It always happens again. He should have be gone f try on the league once he suckered punched Poole. The NBA is super strict on domestic violence but lets this guy walk around unhinged?
jmbish87
Freshman
And1: 17

Post#4 » by jmbish87 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:21 pm

Just saying what he needs to say. We all remember the IG story mere hours after the game - claiming he's Draymond being Draymond and no one can tell him how to act because he's: "something something.. NBA champion"
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,056

Post#5 » by Jester_ » Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:02 pm

alienpick wrote:Abusers who can't control their emotions always apologize. "that's not me", "i got carried away". It always happens again. He should have be gone f try on the league once he suckered punched Poole. The NBA is super strict on domestic violence but lets this guy walk around unhinged?

Lol he's an "abuser" now? Y'all really continue to prove you've never done anything remotely athletic in your life.
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
ccvle
Head Coach
And1: 1,718

Post#6 » by ccvle » Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:35 pm

Jester_ wrote:
alienpick wrote:Abusers who can't control their emotions always apologize. "that's not me", "i got carried away". It always happens again. He should have be gone f try on the league once he suckered punched Poole. The NBA is super strict on domestic violence but lets this guy walk around unhinged?

Lol he's an "abuser" now? Y'all really continue to prove you've never done anything remotely athletic in your life.

You sir sounded like you never worked at a job that required professionalism.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,231

Post#7 » by Pickled Prunes » Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:57 pm

Jester_ wrote:

Are you suggesting that "real" athletes get chocked and sucker punched all the time? :crazy:
alienpick
Starter
And1: 620

Post#8 » by alienpick » Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:55 pm

Jester_ wrote:

Aside from Hockey, there is NO sport that allows a player to loose control of their emotions and assault another player without facing serious consequences. Even in hockey their are rules to fighting.

Yes, emotions ride high sometimes when doing athletic things and bumping into each other constantly, but real men know how to control their emotions and use them effectively. Weak men let their emotions control them. Draymond is an abuser of his teammates and of other players. Abusers loose control of their emotions and assault people. Then they apologize profusely, and then do it again and again. So yes, Draymond demonstrates a pattern of abusive behaviour that is unprofessional and unacceptable.

Return to Wiretap Discussion