Josh Hart: Might Have To Change My Style Of Play

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 294

Josh Hart: Might Have To Change My Style Of Play 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:36 pm

Josh Hart wanted it made clear that he's not a disgruntled player, despite his unhappiness with his role in the New York Knicks offense. Hart even asked reporters to tweet that he's not disgruntled, after he talked about his role with the Knicks this season.

“I’m a rhythm player. So sometimes if I don’t touch the ball for four or five minutes running up and down the floor, just catch-and-shoot, I might as well be playing with a football,” Hart said. “I feel like I have no feel for [the ball]. There are definitely times I [pass up shots] because I’m not in the rhythm. I don’t like the feel of it.”

Hart went on to sarcastically "agree" with New York coach Tom Thibodeau who said he doesn't feel Hart's role has changed.

“Yeah, we’ll go with that," Hart said when told Thibodeau said Hart's role isn't different from last season.

Still, Hart knows it's on him to adjust to the team and his role, instead of the opposite.

“I might have to change my style of play a little bit,” Hart said. “And be more of a catch-and-shoot kind of guy. It really depends on what the team needs and if that’s what my role and my job is going to be this year, that’s what I have to do. I have to make the most of this situation and make the most of the minutes Thibs gives me.”

Via Stefan Bondy/New York Post

kowboy
Sophomore
And1: 278

Re: Josh Hart: Might Have To Change My Style Of Play 

Post#2 » by kowboy » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:25 pm

Sounds like it’s about that time where a Thibs-led team’s players begin to sour on him. Not the first rodeo.
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Re: Josh Hart: Might Have To Change My Style Of Play 

Post#3 » by TheCage4 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:18 pm

Well when Brunson and Randle play ISO ball the majority of the game it's tough to find any "rhythm" offensively :banghead:
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore

Return to Wiretap Discussion