Isaiah Collier New No. 1 Pick In ESPN Mock Draft

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Isaiah Collier New No. 1 Pick In ESPN Mock Draft 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:00 pm

USC guard Isaiah Collier is the new number one overall pick in ESPN's updated mock 2024 NBA Draft. Collier tops a field made up of NCAA players, overseas players and G League Ignited prospects.

Through his first seven games with the Trojans, Collier has averaged 17.7 points and 4.3 assists. The 6-foot-5 point guard is shooting an impressive 53.9% from the field, including 42.1% on three-pointers.

Behind Collier, ESPN's top-five includes Alex Sarr of the Perth Wildcats in Australia, Zaccharie Risacher of JL Bourg in France, Ja'Kobe Walter of Baylor and Ron Holland of G League Ignite.

Via Jonathan Givony and Jeremy Woo/ ESPN

NBA4Lyfe
Veteran
And1: 1,626

Re: Isaiah Collier New No. 1 Pick In ESPN Mock Draft 

Post#2 » by NBA4Lyfe » Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:04 pm

Looks like a weak draft
circa70
Sophomore
And1: 34

Post#3 » by circa70 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:06 pm

This is probably the clippers unprotected pick going to OKC
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,087

Post#4 » by ItsDanger » Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:25 pm

I see lot of potential rotation and solid players in this draft. Superstars? Probably not. But there is only one ball and some of these guys can compliment existing players very well. Ditch these old expensive players.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
jigga_man
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,158

Post#5 » by jigga_man » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:34 pm

Reminds me of Dion Waiters. Never seen him play just going off the stats and pic from the wiretap 8-)
SeanieWard
Senior
And1: 497

Post#6 » by SeanieWard » Fri Dec 1, 2023 6:50 am

NBA4Lyfe wrote:Looks like a weak draft

I kind of agree. The talent level in the NBA is at an all time high and almost every draft has had so many good to great players over the last several years. And of course there will be sleepers in this draft that will be good players I'm sure but as of right now, I think this will be one of the weaker drafts we've seen in the while
SeanieWard
Senior
And1: 497

Post#7 » by SeanieWard » Fri Dec 1, 2023 6:55 am

jigga_man wrote:Reminds me of Dion Waiters. Never seen him play just going off the stats and pic from the wiretap 8-)

Not way off tbh. He is an efficient guard which I like but when I think of a number 1 overall draft pick, especially today, I'm thinking someone who has generational potential and at least someone who has superstar franchise player written all over him and I just don't see it. Do I think he will be better than Waiters? Sure but he's no DRose, Morant, or even Kyrie from what I've seen. I think he's on the level of Jrue Holiday who's a damn good player respected by many but not one that will go number 1 overall in almost any draft in recent memory
hippesthippo
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,306

Post#8 » by hippesthippo » Fri Dec 1, 2023 9:35 am

I disagree with the idea that this is a weak draft.

I suppose you could say it's a weaker pool of NCAA players, but this looks like an average draft to me with a lot of players currently being underrated.

The shadow of Wembenyama looms large over the current crop of draft eligible players.

Return to Wiretap Discussion