Miles Bridges Expected To Leave Hornets Next Season

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 299

Miles Bridges Expected To Leave Hornets Next Season 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Dec 1, 2023 1:33 pm

Miles Bridges returned to the Charlotte Hornets on a one-year deal. It's expected that this will be Bridges' final season in Charlotte, according to Yahoo! Sports Jake Fischer.

Following missing the entirety of last season, following a domestic violence incident, Bridges re-signed with the Hornets. The veteran forward signed the $7.9 million qualifying offer Charlotte gave him to make him a restricted free agent.

Bridges missed the first 10 games of the season, as he completed a negotiated suspension from the NBA. Bridges has played in all seven of the Hornets games since completing his suspension.

Via Jake Fischer/Yahoo Sports

Roy T
Rookie
And1: 976

Re: Miles Bridges Expected To Leave Hornets Next Season 

Post#2 » by Roy T » Fri Dec 1, 2023 2:19 pm

We'll see him on the Mavericks next season. Kidd is the right mentor for him, plus the new ownership is a great fit.
rtiff68
Veteran
And1: 3,730

Post#3 » by rtiff68 » Fri Dec 1, 2023 2:56 pm

Why absorb the PR hit of taking the guy back if you were just going to let him walk next year for nothing anyway?

I don't get it.
VeryMuchWoke
Head Coach
And1: 7,859

Post#4 » by VeryMuchWoke » Fri Dec 1, 2023 3:37 pm

Roy T wrote:We'll see him on the Mavericks next season. Kidd is the right mentor for him, plus the new ownership is a great fit.

The new owners are all wifebeaters as well?
"Danny Ainge needs to shut the **** up and manage his own team. He was the biggest whiner when he was playing, and I know that because I coached against him."
Pat Riley
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 50,477

Post#5 » by Johnny Bball » Fri Dec 1, 2023 3:42 pm

Unsurprising. He needs a new start someone, anywhere. And yes, its his own fault.
1993Playoffs
Analyst
And1: 3,704

Post#6 » by 1993Playoffs » Fri Dec 1, 2023 4:14 pm

Giddey should be gone as well
ironmanm20
Freshman
And1: 75

Post#7 » by ironmanm20 » Fri Dec 1, 2023 5:22 pm

VeryMuchWoke wrote:
Roy T wrote:We'll see him on the Mavericks next season. Kidd is the right mentor for him, plus the new ownership is a great fit.

The new owners are all wifebeaters as well?

Well, Kidd definitely is…

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Sports/story?id=99928&page=1
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 4,034

Post#8 » by Cassius » Fri Dec 1, 2023 7:01 pm

rtiff68 wrote:Why absorb the PR hit of taking the guy back if you were just going to let him walk next year for nothing anyway?

I don't get it.

It's the Hornets. Nobody cares about them so this is probably the closest they'll get to any press. I'm sure 75% of Lamelo fans don't know who he plays for.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
puja21
Bench Warmer
And1: 216

Post#9 » by puja21 » Fri Dec 1, 2023 8:09 pm

rtiff68 wrote:Why absorb the PR hit of taking the guy back if you were just going to let him walk next year for nothing anyway?

I don't get it.

this was a 10 second blurb on a pod between 2 nobodies (Jake Fischer / Dan Devine)

A complete nothing burger.

It was one sentence buried in a discussion around: "aren't the hornets the saddest franchise in the league? Even detroit can sell themselves on Cade Cunningham becoming the truth"

This was the sentence:
"They only have 1 year with Miles Bridges. All of his offcourt stuff aside, when he signs the QO and is going into UFA, there's not a lot of confidence around the league in my opinion that he'll be back in Charlotte next year"
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,820

Post#10 » by SuperDeluxe » Fri Dec 1, 2023 11:38 pm

The teams missing a wifebeater on their rosters will be lining up in the offseason.
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 4,133

Post#11 » by spree2kawhi » Sat Dec 2, 2023 6:57 pm

They’re going nowhere, why keep such a person on the team this season?
docholliday99
Sixth Man
And1: 1,034

Post#12 » by docholliday99 » Sat Dec 2, 2023 6:57 pm

SuperDeluxe wrote:The teams missing a wifebeater on their rosters will be lining up in the offseason.

I'm not a fan of the person at all and personally, I've always felt he shouldn't be given the privilege of playing in the NBA but, this IS the NBA and at the moment, Bridges is averaging 20.3ppg/7.6rpg/2.6apg/1.3spg on 51/45/81 shooting splits, plays hard on both ends, is just hitting his prime and his agent is Rich Paul. If Bridges keeps out of trouble and maintains close to this production, NBA teams will definitely line-up to sign him.

Regardless of history, the NBA has made it clear that talent trumps everything and anything else.
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,820

Post#13 » by SuperDeluxe » Sat Dec 2, 2023 8:49 pm

docholliday99 wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:The teams missing a wifebeater on their rosters will be lining up in the offseason.

I'm not a fan of the person at all and personally, I've always felt he shouldn't be given the privilege of playing in the NBA but, this IS the NBA and at the moment, Bridges is averaging 20.3ppg/7.6rpg/2.6apg/1.3spg on 51/45/81 shooting splits, plays hard on both ends, is just hitting his prime and his agent is Rich Paul. If Bridges keeps out of trouble and maintains close to this production, NBA teams will definitely line-up to sign him.

Regardless of history, the NBA has made it clear that talent trumps everything and anything else.

Sadly, you may be right.

Return to Wiretap Discussion