LeBron James Following Loss To Grizzlies: 'We Just Suck Right Now'

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 295

LeBron James Following Loss To Grizzlies: 'We Just Suck Right Now' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Jan 6, 2024 5:46 pm

The Los Angeles Lakers lost 127-113 to the Memphis Grizzlies on Friday night, dropping their fourth straight game of the season.

"I mean, we just suck right now," said LeBron James, who finished the game with 32 points.

The Grizzlies shot 23-of-45 from 3, setting a new season-high at 51%.

The Lakers are now 3-10 since winning the In-Season Tournament title.

"It's a small sample. Everyone is getting so cracked up about Vegas and keep bringing up Vegas. It was two games. We took care of that business. It was the in-season tournament, we played it, we won it. But that was literally just two games," said James about the championship.

Darvin Ham took a longer-term view of the team's recent struggles.

"I'm tired of people living and dying with every single game we play. It's ludicrous, actually. It's like, come on, man, this is a marathon. And we hit a tough stretch. It's the same team. ... We played some high-level games a little while ago, and we just got to get back to that," said Ham.

Via Dave McMenamin/ESPN

Jordans_Rose
Junior
And1: 156

Re: LeBron James Following Loss To Grizzlies: 'We Just Suck Right Now' 

Post#2 » by Jordans_Rose » Sat Jan 6, 2024 7:33 pm

LeBron's gotta retire at some point. His stats are what they are because he's playing near 40 mins a game for an awful lottery bound team if you take out him and leave AD and those guys by themselves. Lakers may not even make the play-in because Memphis will get better and pass L.A. LeBron had his fun in the 2010s with the decision to Miami and then going to Cleveland. LeBron is just stat padding at this point. Even Jordan said, if it was about stats, I would have played much longer in the league.
haste10176
Bench Warmer
And1: 143

Post#3 » by haste10176 » Sun Jan 7, 2024 2:38 am

Jordans_Rose wrote:LeBron's gotta retire at some point. His stats are what they are because he's playing near 40 mins a game for an awful lottery bound team if you take out him and leave AD and those guys by themselves. Lakers may not even make the play-in because Memphis will get better and pass L.A. LeBron had his fun in the 2010s with the decision to Miami and then going to Cleveland. LeBron is just stat padding at this point. Even Jordan said, if it was about stats, I would have played much longer in the league.

He won the title in 2020 and finals mvp in 2020 he went to the WCFs last season.. WTF are you even talking about lol.. Jordan didnt even compare to Lebron at this age when he played for the wizards Jordan was not playing this level.. LeBron clearly is not prime Lebron but he is still playing at an extremely high level the clear issue for the lakers is 1. Ham is a terrible coach 2. The roster is full of one way players and you need two way players at least as starters.. Take Boston Derrick white, jrue holiday KP, tatum and brown all two way players.. Denver KP Jokic and gordon are two way players and MPJ is not a great defender but being 6 foot 10 helps him be ok for his position ane Murray gives good effort but can be hunted on match ups that said pretty good and they can all play offence. Now take the lakers Dlo horrendous defender not even starting.. Austin bad defender was not starting.. Rui is middle of the pack on everything been playing poorly not starting those are the three highest paid players outside AD and Lebron on the Bench the next highest is injured so you have Reddish starting and he cant shoot so its all defence and teams ignore him on the other end.. Prince who can shoot but a horrendous defender.. Vando cant shoot but can defend.. The team is awful and they need some elite 3 point shooters which is a requirement for any team. I do not think they have enough fire power to make enough trades to make the team a real contender but your comment on LBJ is ridicolous.
ReddOktober
Freshman
And1: 14

Post#4 » by ReddOktober » Sun Jan 7, 2024 7:54 am

haste10176 wrote:
Jordans_Rose wrote:LeBron's gotta retire at some point. His stats are what they are because he's playing near 40 mins a game for an awful lottery bound team if you take out him and leave AD and those guys by themselves. Lakers may not even make the play-in because Memphis will get better and pass L.A. LeBron had his fun in the 2010s with the decision to Miami and then going to Cleveland. LeBron is just stat padding at this point. Even Jordan said, if it was about stats, I would have played much longer in the league.

He won the title in 2020 and finals mvp in 2020 he went to the WCFs last season.. WTF are you even talking about lol.. Jordan didnt even compare to Lebron at this age when he played for the wizards Jordan was not playing this level.. LeBron clearly is not prime Lebron but he is still playing at an extremely high level the clear issue for the lakers is 1. Ham is a terrible coach 2. The roster is full of one way players and you need two way players at least as starters.. Take Boston Derrick white, jrue holiday KP, tatum and brown all two way players.. Denver KP Jokic and gordon are two way players and MPJ is not a great defender but being 6 foot 10 helps him be ok for his position ane Murray gives good effort but can be hunted on match ups that said pretty good and they can all play offence. Now take the lakers Dlo horrendous defender not even starting.. Austin bad defender was not starting.. Rui is middle of the pack on everything been playing poorly not starting those are the three highest paid players outside AD and Lebron on the Bench the next highest is injured so you have Reddish starting and he cant shoot so its all defence and teams ignore him on the other end.. Prince who can shoot but a horrendous defender.. Vando cant shoot but can defend.. The team is awful and they need some elite 3 point shooters which is a requirement for any team. I do not think they have enough fire power to make enough trades to make the team a real contender but your comment on LBJ is ridicolous.

Well said. i never seen an athlete with so many. haters than i see with lebron. it makes no sense. They will miss him when he retire. who will they hate on then.
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,296

Post#5 » by J-Mezzy » Sun Jan 7, 2024 10:16 am

Half the team and the coach are on the chopping block, hard to win under those circumstances
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 533

Post#6 » by TheCage4 » Sun Jan 7, 2024 10:40 am

Are we really looking at 2020 as a true “title?” :noway:
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -V
njknicks
Pro Prospect
And1: 116

Post#7 » by njknicks » Sun Jan 7, 2024 2:18 pm

Lakers trending in the opposite direction at the wrong time

* Darvin ham in the hotseat
* Lebron chasing 40k points & 1 more season to play alongside his son
* AD showing brittle history ( again ) - over the past 4 seasons, AD has not played more then 54 games.
* Roster chemistry being exposed

What should the Lakers do? --------------------------------------------

Would GSW / Lakers make a trade - Lebron / DLO / 2 protected first(s) for Klay / Draymond ?

Would Dallas / Lakers make a trade - AD / DLO / future seconds for Kyrie / Lively / THJ ?

Lakers front-office has always swung for the fences -- especially given Lebron's Age / contract situation & AD's injury history.

Buckle up!
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,925

Post#8 » by deeps6x » Sun Jan 7, 2024 3:46 pm

LeBron James Following Loss To Grizzlies: 'We Need Siakam - Now'
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
hyberx
Starter
And1: 387

Post#9 » by hyberx » Sun Jan 7, 2024 5:36 pm

haste10176 wrote:

Funny. Jordan at this age was not playing with one of the dominant big men in AD but a real bunch of scrubs. Despite injuries, he still turned the Wizards, a rock bottom team with 19 wins, to a 37 wins team, almost doubling the win%. That's not a final-inspired team that's handpicked by LeGM. Chill your horses, LeBron is not even at Curry's level, where the final record is 3-1 (with the 1 by league MVP Adam Silver and Kyrie's shot at the last minute) head-to-head. Curry's super team beat LeBron's super team twice, 4-1, 4-0 sweep, not even close. :lol:
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,231

Post#10 » by Pickled Prunes » Sun Jan 7, 2024 6:57 pm

deeps6x wrote:LeBron James Following Loss To Grizzlies: 'We Need Siakam - Now'

LAL have one tradeable 1st. What LAL players would TOR want for Siakam? I don't Siakam to LAL being possible.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,309

Post#11 » by Lalouie » Sun Jan 7, 2024 9:00 pm

i cannot imagine the place lebron must be in to utter those words :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,665

Post#12 » by azcatz11 » Sun Jan 7, 2024 9:01 pm

Lalouie wrote:i cannot imagine the place lebron must be in to utter those words :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

His $50m mansion in Beverly Hills?
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,309

Post#13 » by Lalouie » Sun Jan 7, 2024 9:06 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:
deeps6x wrote:LeBron James Following Loss To Grizzlies: 'We Need Siakam - Now'

LAL have one tradeable 1st. What LAL players would TOR want for Siakam? I don't Siakam to LAL being possible.

if siakam has a choice,,,i think he avoids the lakers. it is a sinking ship that will be deep in the mariana trench once lebron leaves and lebron will put him in the corner anyway

the lure playing w/lebron was always a chance at a ring, but that lure is long past
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,818

Post#14 » by WindyCityBorn » Mon Jan 8, 2024 5:33 am

haste10176 wrote:

Jordan was 41 and had been out of the NBA for over 6 years when he joined the Wizards. A completely different situation from Lebron. He will still clearly the best player in the NBA when he retired at his 6th championship at I think 34 years old. Lebron isn’t doing anything that would have been impossible for Jordan if he had kept playing. Lebron isn’t even 40 yet.

Return to Wiretap Discussion