Blazers Unlikely To Entertain Trade Offers For Jerami Grant

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Blazers Unlikely To Entertain Trade Offers For Jerami Grant 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:33 pm

The Portland Trail Blazers are not expected to seriously entertain trade offers at this deadline for Jerami Grant, sources tell Jake Fischer of Yahoo Sports.

Grant re-signed with the Blazers on a five-year, $160 million deal this past offseason.

In 34 games this season, Grant is averaging 21.1 points, 3.4 rebounds and 2.4 assists in 33.6 minutes. 

Grant is represented by Rich Paul

Via Jake Fischer/Yahoo Sports

SelfishPlayer
Head Coach
And1: 2,703

Re: Blazers Unlikely To Entertain Trade Offers For Jerami Grant 

Post#2 » by SelfishPlayer » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:21 pm

I hate when bad teams hang onto good vets, when these good vets could be contributing to championship runs somewhere else.
SelfishPlayer wrote:The Mavs won playoff games without Luka

The Mavs missed the playoffs without Brunson.
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,256

Post#3 » by luciano-davidwesley » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:55 pm

SelfishPlayer wrote:I hate when bad teams hang onto good vets, when these good vets could be contributing to championship runs somewhere else.

How dare they also want to have NBA calibre players.

You're right. They should stretch and waive him so he can sign with the Lakers on a vet min.

Regardless, this is probably posturing. I think they'd be happy to get off that contract.
SelfishPlayer
Head Coach

Post#4 » by SelfishPlayer » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:36 pm

luciano-davidwesley wrote:
SelfishPlayer wrote:I hate when bad teams hang onto good vets, when these good vets could be contributing to championship runs somewhere else.

You're right. They should stretch and waive him so he can sign with the Lakers on a vet min.

Regardless, this is probably posturing. I think they'd be happy to get off that contract.

No rebuilding team as bad as the Blazers should have any good vets that are capable of being starters on playoff teams. Young players need vets around, just not playoff starters. I'd rather see Grant competing for a CHIP, not baby sitting potential future All Star level players. I will conceed that Portland realizes that free agents aren't coming there so holding onto really good veterans might be a strategy even if these vets aren't good enough to help you win without superstars.

TimeisIllmatic
Sixth Man
And1: 321

Post#5 » by TimeisIllmatic » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:48 pm

I think POR knows they won't get any good offers for Grant considering his contract.
Maf
Starter
And1: 872

Post#6 » by Maf » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:07 am

SelfishPlayer wrote:
luciano-davidwesley wrote:

No rebuilding team as bad as the Blazers should have any good vets that are capable of being starters on playoff teams. Young players need vets around, just not playoff starters. I'd rather see Grant competing for a CHIP, not baby sitting potential future All Star level players. I will conceed that Portland realizes that free agents aren't coming there so holding onto really good veterans might be a strategy even if these vets aren't good enough to help you win without superstars.

Oh my... Does anyone agree with such stupidity? Right, Blazers shouldn´t have any decent players and loose all their games by 50. Btw if Grant ever cared for winning he wouldn´t left Denver to chase meaningless stats on crappy teams.
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
SelfishPlayer
Head Coach

Post#7 » by SelfishPlayer » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:09 pm

Maf wrote:
SelfishPlayer wrote:
luciano-davidwesley wrote:How dare they also want to have NBA calibre players.

Oh my... Does anyone agree with such stupidity? Right, Blazers shouldn´t have any decent players and loose all their games by 50. Btw if Grant ever cared for winning he wouldn´t left Denver to chase meaningless stats on crappy teams.

Tank correctly or continue to not have a super star. The Spurs know how to tank correctly, they've done it twice. Learn from the best.

Return to Wiretap Discussion