Warriors-Mavericks Postponed Following Death Of Dejan Milojevic

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 294

Warriors-Mavericks Postponed Following Death Of Dejan Milojevic 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:36 pm

The NBA has postponed Friday's game between the Golden State Warriors and Dallas Mavericks due to the passing of Dejan Milojevic.

Milojevic passed away on Wednesday in Salt Lake City after a sudden heart attack.

Milojevic joined the Warriors as an assistant coach in 2021.

Via RealGM Staff Report

St Knick
Bench Warmer
And1: 143

Re: Warriors-Mavericks Postponed Following Death Of Dejan Milojevic 

Post#2 » by St Knick » Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:47 pm

My condolences.

Perhaps we should be allowed to question (not saying it is a hard fact) if some recent medical intervention is linked to numerous high profile heart issues ?

(Bronny James, Damar Hamlin, that big NBA HS prospect [forgetting his name], countless international soccer players?

I realize I'm not providing hard numbers/data, but even objectively, it seems heart issues have been occurring (reported?) more frequently. Very concerning.
KNICKS FAN FOR LIFE
TimeisIllmatic
Sixth Man
And1: 321

Post#3 » by TimeisIllmatic » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:33 pm

St Knick wrote:My condolences.

Perhaps we should be allowed to question (not saying it is a hard fact) if some recent medical intervention is linked to numerous high profile heart issues ?

(Bronny James, Damar Hamlin, that big NBA HS prospect [forgetting his name], countless international soccer players?

I realize I'm not providing hard numbers/data, but even objectively, it seems heart issues have been occurring (reported?) more frequently. Very concerning.

You're not alone; it is very concerning. Former Saints player also just died too at 32 although cause of death is unknown.
foreigngrammar
Pro Prospect
And1: 472

Post#4 » by foreigngrammar » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:59 pm

Let me tell you, it happend before COVID too
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,225

Post#5 » by Pickled Prunes » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:42 pm

foreigngrammar wrote:

Let me tell you, it happend before COVID too

It sucks, but people die all the time. No tin-foil hat required. :crazy:
puja21
Bench Warmer
And1: 203

Post#6 » by puja21 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:34 pm

Damar Hamlin cause isn't some mystery -- commotio cordis -- his chest suffered a hard blow during the 20-30ms between heart beats (<1/10 the time of an eye blink).

It's been described in medical books dating back over 300 years.

And has been very well studied/understood for the last 30 years.

Almost 2/3 of cases involve sports (batters) and the average age is 19.

Anecdotally, an older kid in my school district died from this same cause in the 90s (slap shot to the chest during a youth hockey game).

All these examples you are describing are confirmation bias.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,409

Post#7 » by og15 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:36 pm

Just so you know, that's not what objectively would mean. Objectively would require numbers and data, anything otherwise would simply be perception or confirmation bias.

Objectively if you start examining the lists people make, it doesn't end up with the conclusions that some people seemingly want it to.
Salty1
Senior
And1: 81

Post#8 » by Salty1 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:06 pm

og15 wrote:

Just so you know, that's not what objectively would mean. Objectively would require numbers and data, anything otherwise would simply be perception or confirmation bias.

Objectively if you start examining the lists people make, it doesn't end up with the conclusions that some people seemingly want it to.

Just to say, you’re on a basketball site.. Not an English class.
Starzz13
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#9 » by Starzz13 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:44 pm

Or maybe we should be allowed to question whether the ongoing pandemic of a deadly virus might have something to do with it. Objectively, what we do know is that the disease has caused many, many (to the tune of several million) more deaths than the vaccine used to treat it has.

Return to Wiretap Discussion