Suns Interested In Miles Bridges

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 299

Suns Interested In Miles Bridges 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:57 pm

The Phoenix Suns have interest in trading for Miles Bridges of the Charlotte Hornets. Bridges is one of up to 10 players that the Suns have interest in ahead of the February 8 trade deadline.

Bridges has a no-trade clause for this season, because he will lose his Bird Rights if he's traded. This is because Bridges is on a one-year deal with Bird Rights following this season. Because he'll be looking for a bigger contract than his Non-Bird Rights would allow for, Bridges would be considered a rest-of-season rental by Phoenix.

The Suns are also aware that Bridges has off-court issues that need to be handled. He has a pending court date for next month for allegedly violating a protection order stemming from the same domestic violence incident in 2022 that saw him receive a 30-game suspension from the NBA.

Another challenge in trading for Bridges is that the Hornets reportedly are looking for draft picks in any deal. Phoenix is limited in what they can trade, due to having traded several picks in deals to acquire Kevin Durant and Bradley Beal in the last year.

Via Duane Rankin/Arizona Republic

RipCityKJ
Senior
And1: 211

Re: Suns Interested In Miles Bridges 

Post#2 » by RipCityKJ » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:22 pm

This makes sense for the Suns he is a younger version of Jason Kidd, at least off the court.
elmdawgg69
Veteran
And1: 88

Post#3 » by elmdawgg69 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:34 pm

RipCityKJ wrote:This makes sense for the Suns he is a younger version of Jason Kidd, at least off the court.

lol
Billl
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,584

Post#4 » by Billl » Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:02 pm

CLT seeking picks? Good luck with that unless they mean a late second rounder. Besides of the off court issues, he's a rental unless you have cap space to resign him. And then why would you give up significant assets if you can just toss the same contract at him in a couple months. The guy is pretty clearly going to bolt for whoever offers the biggest payday.
Phystic
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,674

Post#5 » by Phystic » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:00 pm

Billl wrote:CLT seeking picks? Good luck with that unless they mean a late second rounder. Besides of the off court issues, he's a rental unless you have cap space to resign him. And then why would you give up significant assets if you can just toss the same contract at him in a couple months. The guy is pretty clearly going to bolt for whoever offers the biggest payday.

Rumor I've heard is Little, Metu + 2nd rounder for Bridges + another player
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 4,133

Post#6 » by spree2kawhi » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:00 pm

What he did is unforgivable, unforgettable.
SkynMan
Sophomore
And1: 25

Post#7 » by SkynMan » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:30 pm

RipCityKJ wrote:This makes sense for the Suns he is a younger version of Jason Kidd, at least off the court.

LOL of course it makes sense for the Suns. They have nothing of value to trade with though. Orlando or Atlanta should jump on this though
alienpick
Starter
And1: 625

Post#8 » by alienpick » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:10 pm

Billl wrote:CLT seeking picks? Good luck with that unless they mean a late second rounder. Besides of the off court issues, he's a rental unless you have cap space to resign him. And then why would you give up significant assets if you can just toss the same contract at him in a couple months. The guy is pretty clearly going to bolt for whoever offers the biggest payday.

CLT? you mean CHA?
puja21
Bench Warmer
And1: 216

Post#9 » by puja21 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:14 pm

alienpick wrote:

CLT? you mean CHA?

CLT is the airport code. like when ppl say PDX or portland
Kalamazoo317
Analyst
And1: 1,751

Post#10 » by Kalamazoo317 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:54 pm

The historical losing streak couldn't make me stop watching the Pistons, but trading for this terrible human being would.
chilluminati
Starter
And1: 4,244

Post#11 » by chilluminati » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:57 pm

The Suns have nothing but scraps to trade for him, why would the Hornets even take calls from Phoenix knowing the assets they have? I also have no interest in the Pistons trading for a low character guy like him. He's from here and relatively popular locally but I question if he really fits with our team culture. It's hard to like a guy who apparently beat his girl in front of his kids.
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 551

Post#12 » by TheCage4 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:03 pm

I think the Suns have less to trade than the Lakers.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -V
Revived
RealGM
And1: 20,264

Post#13 » by Revived » Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:32 am

chilluminati wrote:The Suns have nothing but scraps to trade for him, why would the Hornets even take calls from Phoenix knowing the assets they have?

What the hell are you talking about? They have 2nd rd picks. Bridges is an expiring contract, did you actually think for a second that he’s gonna net a 1st rd pick?

Even Terry Rozier who has numerous years left on his deal on a very team friendly contract barely got traded for 1st rd pick and an expiring contract.
chilluminati
Starter
And1: 4,244

Post#14 » by chilluminati » Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:22 am

Revived wrote:
chilluminati wrote:The Suns have nothing but scraps to trade for him, why would the Hornets even take calls from Phoenix knowing the assets they have?

What the hell are you talking about? They have 2nd rd picks. Bridges is an expiring contract, did you actually think for a second that he’s gonna net a 1st rd pick?

Even Terry Rozier who has numerous years left on his deal on a very team friendly contract barely got traded for 1st rd pick and an expiring contract.

I'm talking about what reports are saying the Hornets want a young player and a FRP. I don't give a **** what Rozier went for. Would you trade Bridges for Metu? Or Little? a 2RP isn't moving the needle either. It's a trash package Phoenix has to offer.
Yacky
Freshman
And1: 29

Post#15 » by Yacky » Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:03 am

SkynMan wrote:

LOL of course it makes sense for the Suns. They have nothing of value to trade with though. Orlando or Atlanta should jump on this though

Went right over his head….
vgroc
Sophomore
And1: 139

Post#16 » by vgroc » Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:39 am

chilluminati wrote:
Revived wrote:

I'm talking about what reports are saying the Hornets want a young player and a FRP. I don't give a **** what Rozier went for. Would you trade Bridges for Metu? Or Little? a 2RP isn't moving the needle either. It's a trash package Phoenix has to offer.

Bridges is an expiring, if I was the Hornets and knew he ain't coming back then I would trade him for the highest offer even if that was a 2nd round pick and few expirings, better than nothing.
ElectricMayhem
RealGM
And1: 11,302

Post#17 » by ElectricMayhem » Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:55 pm

Sorry, I'd rather continue with this winning percentage. I'm dropping the Pistons logo by my name if he joins the team.
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!
sunevisions
Pro Prospect
And1: 107

Post#18 » by sunevisions » Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:06 pm

Jazz offer
THT + protected SRP
alienpick
Starter
And1: 625

Post#19 » by alienpick » Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:17 pm

puja21 wrote:
alienpick wrote:

CLT? you mean CHA?

CLT is the airport code. like when ppl say PDX or portland

Ah, I see. The Hornets play at the airport now? :lol: j/k.

Return to Wiretap Discussion