Kevin Durant On Tribute Video: We Didn't Accomplish Anything Worth Being Celebrated For

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 299

Kevin Durant On Tribute Video: We Didn't Accomplish Anything Worth Being Celebrated For 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:04 pm

Kevin Durant elaborated on why he believes the Brooklyn Nets shouldn't show a tribute video for him in his first return game to Barclays Center.

“What did I do to deserve that?” Durant said about a tribute video after Sunday’s loss at Orlando.

“Seriously, or is it because of my name? I’m just another player, man. I don’t deserve none of this extra attention, everybody looking at me when the game starts. The game is about all the players on the court. It ain’t about me. I was there for three years, four years and we didn’t accomplish anything worth being celebrated for. That’s just how I feel.”

Durant and the Phoenix Suns will play the Nets on Wednesday.

“I don’t expect anything from anybody,” Durant said. “I just want people to come and enjoy the game and come support the game of basketball. Whatever they do in between the time, then they do it, but I can’t control that.”   

Via Duane Rankin/Arizona Republic

dubbmotta
Senior
And1: 112

Re: Kevin Durant On Tribute Video: We Didn't Accomplish Anything Worth Being Celebrated For 

Post#2 » by dubbmotta » Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:32 pm

MIght be the most mature thing that came out of his mouth
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,543

Re: Kevin Durant On Tribute Video: We Didn't Accomplish Anything Worth Being Celebrated For 

Post#3 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:51 pm

Even his humility is obnoxious. Just say "thank you" and move on.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
LaRance
Bench Warmer
And1: 105

Post#4 » by LaRance » Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:56 pm

I feel Durant on that. He's 100% right
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 4,133

Post#5 » by spree2kawhi » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:01 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:Even his humility is obnoxious. Just say "thank you" and move on.

He’s right and I think he means it.
nontypikal
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#6 » by nontypikal » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:20 pm

hey KD if you ever need a PR guy -- hit me up
Here's what we'll say for next time:

"Thanks so much Brooklyn Nets for giving me a chance to play the game that I love. I only wish that I had done more during my time in Brooklyn.
It's been my honor to wear the Nets jersey and play in front of your fans.
Thanks for all the love"

It's so easy
AWIZZINGBULLET
Bench Warmer
And1: 163

Post#7 » by AWIZZINGBULLET » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:46 pm

Just shut up for crying out loud!

And I mean you whiny females in the comments section searching for an issue with KD's comment.

I swear women will make issues where they don't exist. Smh
Bolsolixo
Freshman
And1: 8

Post#8 » by Bolsolixo » Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:42 am

Below, we have a comment of a man who have serious problems with women. From his words we see that he don't like them até all
haste10176
Sixth Man
And1: 149

Post#9 » by haste10176 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:43 am

KD: I should be in the GOAT Conversation

KD: Why everyone looking at me I am just another player

KD: I didnt accomplish anything

Totally KD.

Return to Wiretap Discussion