Anthony Edwards Calls Out Officials After Wolves Beat Thunder

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 299

Anthony Edwards Calls Out Officials After Wolves Beat Thunder 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:13 pm

Minnesota Timberwolves guard Anthony Edwards wasn't in a celebratory mood after his team picked up a big victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder. Instead, Edwards focused his displeasure on the officials.

"Imma take the fine, because the refs did not give us no calls tonight," Edwards said during an on-court postgame interview with the Wolves local broadcast. "Cheatin' ass refs."

In the locker room, Edwards hadn't let it go.

"The refs was bad tonight. Yeah, they was terrible," Edwards told ESPN without prompting. "We was playing 8-on-5."

Edwards made it clear he wasn't upset with the calls that Thunder star Shai Gilgeous-Alexander got throughout the game. Instead, the Wolves star was upset with a lack of calls when he felt he was fouled.

"I haven't earned [referees' respect] yet, so it's OK," Edwards said. "But I think tonight was bad from the refs. It was terrible. We didn't get no calls as a team. I got fouled multiple times, and I'm walking up to the ref telling him, 'Hey, can you watch this?' They just shaking their head. Yeah. And then soon somebody come down from their team and get bumped, it's a foul.

"So, I just feel like it wasn't a fair game tonight from the jump. And so, that's why I'm super happy we won the game."

Via Tim MacMahon/ESPN

deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 6,031

Re: Anthony Edwards Calls Out Officials After Wolves Beat Thunder 

Post#2 » by deeps6x » Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:39 pm

Yeah, was it the same ref in this link: If so, I'm shocked (he is still in the league)
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
phenith
Sophomore
And1: 39

Post#3 » by phenith » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:32 pm

It's glaringly obvious that certain refs officiate with bias, and not being able to talk about it publicly without getting fined is a HUGE red flag.
The big reason they don't want teams/players talking about the biased officiating is so the bias NEVER becomes "the thing" people are talking about when they talk about the NBA, the focus on biased officiating would be horrible for the league... but instead of attempting to address it and correct it, they hide it by threatening everyone with fines if they bring it up.
MalonesElbows
Starter
And1: 1,425

Post#4 » by MalonesElbows » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:14 pm

Someone needs to tell him he's not that good.

Return to Wiretap Discussion