Hawks Continue To Seek Austin Reaves From Lakers For Dejounte Murray

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 299

Hawks Continue To Seek Austin Reaves From Lakers For Dejounte Murray 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Feb 1, 2024 6:32 pm

The Atlanta Hawks continue to make Dejounte Murray available in trade talks with the Los Angeles Lakers being amongst the more interested teams.

The Hawks have wanted Austin Reaves in any trade with the Lakers for Murray, but that has been a non-starter and those talks haven't advanced.

The Hawks and Lakers could engage again before the trade deadline.

For the Lakers, their optionality increases in the offseason when they can send out up to three first round picks as opposed to just one currently.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

Melwing
Junior
And1: 49

Re: Hawks Continue To Seek Austin Reaves From Lakers For Dejounte Murray 

Post#2 » by Melwing » Thu Feb 1, 2024 7:02 pm

Firstly I'll admit that I haven't followed the Lakers this season at all, but I really feel like Reaves for Murray would be pretty good for LA.
circa70
Sophomore
And1: 35

Post#3 » by circa70 » Thu Feb 1, 2024 7:14 pm

so the hawks want lakers to give Reaves for a rental. :lol: nice try
YourGM99
Junior
And1: 65

Post#4 » by YourGM99 » Thu Feb 1, 2024 7:32 pm

circa70 wrote:so the hawks want lakers to give Reaves for a rental. :lol: nice try

How would it be a rental? Murray extension kicks in after this season. Nonetheless, Murray is an upgrade over Reaves, the same can’t be said for D-Lo.
saloonyk8
Rookie
And1: 131

Post#5 » by saloonyk8 » Thu Feb 1, 2024 7:33 pm

circa70 wrote:so the hawks want lakers to give Reaves for a rental. :lol: nice try

Murray signed a 4 year extension already and it's considered a good contract widely. His contract is an asset in this situation.
Commit to the process
saloonyk8
Rookie

Post#6 » by saloonyk8 » Thu Feb 1, 2024 7:34 pm

Why Lakers acting like Reaves is a perennial all star :lol:

Just like Kuzma
Commit to the process
dkb964
Senior
And1: 365

Post#7 » by dkb964 » Thu Feb 1, 2024 8:10 pm

Melwing wrote:Firstly I'll admit that I haven't followed the Lakers this season at all, but I really feel like Reaves for Murray would be pretty good for LA.

I am in the same boat as you. I am not even a huge Murray fan, but he is locked into a team friendly deal. I am not a huge fan of Reaves either, but he is also on a team friendly deal. I do think the Lakers would need a better thrid option than Murray to contend considering James is almost 40 years old. Irving would be perfect, but that obviously is not going to happen.
saloonyk8
Rookie

Post#8 » by saloonyk8 » Thu Feb 1, 2024 8:30 pm

dkb964 wrote:
Melwing wrote:Firstly I'll admit that I haven't followed the Lakers this season at all, but I really feel like Reaves for Murray would be pretty good for LA.

I am in the same boat as you. I am not even a huge Murray fan, but he is locked into a team friendly deal. I am not a huge fan of Reaves either, but he is also on a team friendly deal. I do think the Lakers would need a better thrid option than Murray thought to contend considering James is almost 40 years old. Irving would be perfect, but that obviously is not going to happen.

Defensively Murray is a lot better than Kyrie at the 1. He's also younger and on a good contract. Not sure who would be the "perfect" fit on the Lakers but Murray checks most of the boxes.
Commit to the process
A BETTER DJ
Sixth Man
And1: 316

Post#9 » by A BETTER DJ » Thu Feb 1, 2024 8:47 pm

Murray would be perfect on the Magic. 24 Magic 1st, Denver 1st, 3 seconds, and expiring contracts for Murray.
Top notch Wedding DJ and photographer available nationwide. RealGM members Save $200 off our regular low prices!

GO MAGIC!
FeatheryTouch
Senior
And1: 705

Post#10 » by FeatheryTouch » Fri Feb 2, 2024 7:55 am

A BETTER DJ wrote:Murray would be perfect on the Magic. 24 Magic 1st, Denver 1st, 3 seconds, and expiring contracts for Murray.

Murray would be an upgrade on Fultz or Suggs but the Magic have for years badly needed perimeter shooting and floor spacing more than anything and I'm not sure Dejonte can provide that consistently.

They should keep their powder dry and look for a better fit at guard IMO. Maybe if the Hawks had a certain other guard available...

Return to Wiretap Discussion