Bucks, Lakers Have Expressed Interest With Grizzlies On Marcus Smart

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 299

Bucks, Lakers Have Expressed Interest With Grizzlies On Marcus Smart 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Feb 2, 2024 4:53 pm

The Milwaukee Bucks and Los Angeles Lakers are among the teams who have reached out to the Memphis Grizzlies on a potential trade for Marcus Smart.

The Grizzlies have shut down all interest in trading Smart.

Memphis sent out two first round picks and Tyus Jones in order to acquire Smart last offseason.

Smart is signed through the 25-26 season on his four-year, $77 million deal.

Via Jake Fischer/Yahoo Sports

Cassius
RealGM
And1: 4,034

Re: Bucks, Lakers Have Expressed Interest With Grizzlies On Marcus Smart 

Post#2 » by Cassius » Fri Feb 2, 2024 7:14 pm

Smart should be sent on his way if they can get that Lakers pick. Milwaukee should do whatever they can to bring him in asap because I can already feel Jrue getting ready to give Dame ALLL the business when they face off in the playoffs. Reminds me of the New Orleans/Blazers season when Jrue had Rondo to share the ballhandling and went crazy in sweeping Portland out of the first round.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
WillyJakkz
RealGM
And1: 3,477

Post#3 » by WillyJakkz » Fri Feb 2, 2024 10:12 pm

Funny I was going to make a thread that the Bucks could use Smart in the WORST WAY
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,247

Post#4 » by Pickled Prunes » Fri Feb 2, 2024 11:14 pm

Cassius wrote:Smart should be sent on his way if they can get that Lakers pick. Milwaukee should do whatever they can to bring him in asap because I can already feel Jrue getting ready to give Dame ALLL the business when they face off in the playoffs. Reminds me of the New Orleans/Blazers season when Jrue had Rondo to share the ballhandling and went crazy in sweeping Portland out of the first round.

Doesn't remind me of that at all. That Portland team's 3rd best player was Al-Farouq Aminu, a guy that fell right out of the league when he left POR. NOP decided to double Lillard on the catch and it worked. CJ went off but they had no one else to step up. Lillard has Giannis next to him now and Jrue is six years older. I do think BOS will punk MIL, but it wasn't Lillard's fault then and it won't be his fault now. That POR team and this MIL team both have flawed rosters... and BOS is stacked.
BigGargamel
Analyst
And1: 7,338

Post#5 » by BigGargamel » Fri Feb 2, 2024 11:39 pm

There are 450 players in the NBA, give or take. The Lakers seem to be interested in 435 of them. Jeez. Do these reporters ever get tired of including them in EVERY report?
hyberx
Starter
And1: 390

Post#6 » by hyberx » Sat Feb 3, 2024 4:45 am

Lakers have expressed interest on anyone as long as they can trade LeBron's broken toaster for them.
LakersLegacy
Head Coach
And1: 3,901

Post#7 » by LakersLegacy » Sat Feb 3, 2024 12:28 pm

hyberx wrote:Lakers have expressed interest on anyone as long as they can trade LeBron's broken toaster for them.

The little toaster can king high horse cant. MU-ELE pop er is the ALPHA OMEGA ALPHA … OMEGA … Æ POWER. James born with all the gifts. TO HARNESS just needs to get in touch with REAL LAKERS VALUE SYSTEM KOBE. 29.9978AO

If only JAMES caught that kind of fire. Devine fire. But he is cocky high horse not one to share credit, vanity high horse syndrome.

Free the REAL LAKERS
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,597

Post#8 » by Scalabrine » Sat Feb 3, 2024 7:12 pm

Would love the fit with Smart in Milwaukee but the trade would almost definitely involve Portis AND Cannaughton. Would they do that?
Go Knicks!

Return to Wiretap Discussion