Pelicans, Hawks Discussing Dejounte Murray Trade

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 299

Pelicans, Hawks Discussing Dejounte Murray Trade 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Feb 8, 2024 12:41 pm

The New Orleans Pelicans have interest in acquiring Dejounte Murray from the Atlanta Hawks. Since it became clear Murray was put on the trade market, he has been most strongly linked with the Los Angeles Lakers and New York Knicks.

"I do think there's another team that has piqued Atlanta's interest and vice versa, and that's New Orleans," said Adrian Wojnarowski. "There's been some conversations. I don't know if they've elevated quite yet. I think there maybe could be some more here leading to the trade deadline on a deal that I don't think would include CJ McCollum. I think it would be Dejounte Murray with him."

Wojnarowski adds that the Pelicans would have interest in Onyeka Okongwu along with Murray.

The Pelicans have a surplus of future picks incoming from the Milwaukee Bucks and Los Angeles Lakers.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

Roy T
Rookie
And1: 976

Re: Pelicans, Hawks Discussing Dejounte Murray Trade 

Post#2 » by Roy T » Thu Feb 8, 2024 1:15 pm

Go send Zion
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 4,034

Post#3 » by Cassius » Thu Feb 8, 2024 2:00 pm

If they move Okongwu they might as well trade everyone else.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
TGM
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#4 » by TGM » Thu Feb 8, 2024 2:04 pm

Herb jones and Valanciunas plus maybe 2 picks for Murray is not a bad deal.

Frees up the PT for Troy Murphy and gives the Pels a defensive lead guard.

Murray fits the timeline of Ingram, Zion and the rest of the crew. Don’t see how Okongwu can be included.

Pels would need to find a C back elsewhere.

Jakob from Toronto would be perfect C for the Pels. Maybe sending back Nance and Daniel’s would get it done.
saloonyk8
Rookie
And1: 131

Post#5 » by saloonyk8 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 3:17 pm

TGM wrote:Herb jones and Valanciunas plus maybe 2 picks for Murray is not a bad deal.

Murray fits the timeline of Ingram, Zion and the rest of the crew. Don’t see how Okongwu can be included.

Jakob from Toronto would be perfect C for the Pels. Maybe sending back Nance and Daniel’s would get it done.

Valanciunas is expiring so I'm guessing Hawks are trying to move Capela in the deal. They're probably asking for Dyson Daniels, Herb, 2 FRP for Capela & Murray.
Commit to the process
ADMVP
Rookie
And1: 826

Post#6 » by ADMVP » Thu Feb 8, 2024 3:32 pm

I'd be pissed if we sent picks and assets for him. It would probably be Dyson and JV or Nance/Naji.
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 4,034

Post#7 » by Cassius » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:13 pm

saloonyk8 wrote:
TGM wrote:Herb jones and Valanciunas plus maybe 2 picks for Murray is not a bad deal.

Valanciunas is expiring so I'm guessing Hawks are trying to move Capela in the deal. They're probably asking for Dyson Daniels, Herb, 2 FRP for Capela & Murray.

Nance and Daniels for Poeltl would be a dream come true, and I like Jak.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.

Return to Wiretap Discussion