Lakers Among Frontrunners To Sign Spencer Dinwiddie

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 299

Lakers Among Frontrunners To Sign Spencer Dinwiddie 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Feb 9, 2024 1:54 pm

The Los Angeles Lakers are among the frontrunners to sign Spencer Dinwiddie. The Toronto Raptors waived Dinwiddie after acquiring him from the Brooklyn Nets in a trade deadline deal.

Multiple teams are reportedly looking into signing the veteran guard. Dinwiddie has started 48 games this season. He averaged 12.6 points, 6.0 assists and 3.3 rebounds per game for the Nets.

Via Dave McMenamin/ESPN

balla4lyf23
Sophomore
And1: 97

Re: Lakers Among Frontrunners To Sign Spencer Dinwiddie 

Post#2 » by balla4lyf23 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 2:24 pm

lmao lakers are "linked" to every single player in the association. this isnt news :lol:
Temuhjan
Sixth Man
And1: 325

Post#3 » by Temuhjan » Fri Feb 9, 2024 3:11 pm

Dinwiddie can be an interesting match for Bron
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 233

Post#4 » by cheese318 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 3:23 pm

balla4lyf23 wrote:lmao lakers are "linked" to every single player in the association. this isnt news :lol:

He’s from LA so this actually isn’t that crazy. He’s a free agent. LAL have been missing a ball handler all season in Gabe Vincent. Obviously LAL are always listed as an option for a player when it sometimes makes no logical sense but this one actually has legs. Obviously anything can happen but with a good portion of contenders who cannot sign him it does help LAL have a stronger position since he’s over $12.5M threshold
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
YourGM99
Junior
And1: 65

Post#5 » by YourGM99 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:07 pm

cheese318 wrote:
balla4lyf23 wrote:lmao lakers are "linked" to every single player in the association. this isnt news :lol:

He’s from LA so this actually isn’t that crazy. He’s a free agent. LAL have been missing a ball handler all season in Gabe Vincent. Obviously LAL are always listed as an option for a player when it sometimes makes no logical sense but this one actually has legs. Obviously anything can happen but with a good portion of contenders who cannot sign him it does help LAL have a stronger position since he’s over $12.5M threshold

Not to mention he will have the opportunity to be a starter which will allow Reaves to go back to the bench.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 27,610

Post#6 » by WaltFrazier » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:12 pm

He sat behind the Mavs bench last night at MSG. Guest of the Mavs. He's going back to Dallas, done deal.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Robillion
Ballboy
And1: 12

Post#7 » by Robillion » Fri Feb 9, 2024 4:24 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:He sat behind the Mavs bench last night at MSG. Guest of the Mavs. He's going back to Dallas, done deal.

Yeah, the Lakers slant is just the media/agents at play I believe 100%.

Spencer played his best basketball with the Mavs and was love within the culture. His biggest issue within his career has not feeling like a culture fit/alignment with management.

Also, most Lakers can pay is under $2mil. Mavs can pay over $5mil and no state income tax.

Would be stunned if he chose Lakers over Mavs.
Nbafan91729
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#8 » by Nbafan91729 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 5:56 pm

Lol, he was just with Mark Cuban last night.
Liam_Gallagher
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,029

Post#9 » by Liam_Gallagher » Fri Feb 9, 2024 6:13 pm

But why? The only minutes he'll see is when Vincent returns. After that, there's nothing to give.
Melwing
Junior
And1: 49

Post#10 » by Melwing » Fri Feb 9, 2024 6:50 pm

Liam_Gallagher wrote:But why? The only minutes he'll see is when Vincent returns. After that, there's nothing to give.

He would instantly be the best point on the roster
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,247

Post#11 » by Pickled Prunes » Fri Feb 9, 2024 7:19 pm

Melwing wrote:
Liam_Gallagher wrote:But why? The only minutes he'll see is when Vincent returns. After that, there's nothing to give.

He would instantly be the best point on the roster

IDK... If I had to choose, I'd take his old teammate Dlo over him. (It's close.) But I really wouldn't want to be counting on either of these guys in a playoff game. It doesn't really matter because Lebron is their primary PG in the playoffs.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,247

Post#12 » by Pickled Prunes » Fri Feb 9, 2024 7:21 pm

Robillion wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:He sat behind the Mavs bench last night at MSG. Guest of the Mavs. He's going back to Dallas, done deal.

Yeah, the Lakers slant is just the media/agents at play I believe 100%.

Spencer played his best basketball with the Mavs and was love within the culture. His biggest issue within his career has not feeling like a culture fit/alignment with management.

Also, most Lakers can pay is under $2mil. Mavs can pay over $5mil and no state income tax.

Would be stunned if he chose Lakers over Mavs.

If he's bought out he will be signing a minimum wherever he lands.
FeatheryTouch
Senior
And1: 705

Post#13 » by FeatheryTouch » Fri Feb 9, 2024 7:23 pm

Dinwiddie isn't very good anymore(39% FG/32% 3 Pt./poor defense) and is on the downslope of his career.

Some of you guys are overestimating his impact.
Nbafan91729
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#14 » by Nbafan91729 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 8:33 pm

FeatheryTouch wrote:Dinwiddie isn't very good anymore(39% FG/32% 3 Pt./poor defense) and is on the downslope of his career.

What exactly was his incentive to try on a bad team? He was really good in Dallas last year taking open 3's on passes from Luka.
FeatheryTouch
Senior
And1: 705

Post#15 » by FeatheryTouch » Fri Feb 9, 2024 8:49 pm

Nbafan91729 wrote:
FeatheryTouch wrote:Dinwiddie isn't very good anymore(39% FG/32% 3 Pt./poor defense) and is on the downslope of his career.

What exactly was his incentive to try on a bad team? He was really good in Dallas last year taking open 3's on passes from Luka.

So you are saying players on bad teams(a large portion of the NBA ,most with multi-million dollar contracts) aren't expected to "try"?

News to me...

"He hasn't been trying" isn't exactly a stellar endorsement of Dinwiddie.
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 233

Post#16 » by cheese318 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:05 am

YourGM99 wrote:
cheese318 wrote:

Not to mention he will have the opportunity to be a starter which will allow Reaves to go back to the bench.

Hasn’t Reaves a lot better since joining the starting lineup?
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer
And1: 800

Post#17 » by BliscoSantos » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:44 am

And he's sitting next to Pelinka at the Lakers game today ...I wanted him to go to Mavs but the appeal to Play for the Lakers is Just too good I guess
YourGM99
Junior
And1: 65

Post#18 » by YourGM99 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:08 pm

cheese318 wrote:
YourGM99 wrote:
cheese318 wrote:

Hasn’t Reaves a lot better since joining the starting lineup?

He played well off the bench but he’s had better games since starting but I would say that’s mostly due to injuries and having more opportunities. Coming off the bench doesn’t impact Reaves mentality the way it does for other players who may be accustomed to starting.
kacey ring
Sixth Man
And1: 1,047

Post#19 » by kacey ring » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:57 pm

BliscoSantos wrote:

And he's sitting next to Pelinka at the Lakers game today ...I wanted him to go to Mavs but the appeal to Play for the Lakers is Just too good I guess

Unfortunately, I think he signs with LAL too. We should find out soon.
Melwing
Junior
And1: 49

Post#20 » by Melwing » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:43 pm

kacey ring wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:

Unfortunately, I think he signs with LAL too. We should find out soon.

It was announced a few hours before you posted that, so yep.

Return to Wiretap Discussion