LeBron James Believed To Prefer To Spend Remainder Of Career With Lakers

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 299

LeBron James Believed To Prefer To Spend Remainder Of Career With Lakers 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Feb 9, 2024 8:11 pm

LeBron James hasn't signaled he intends to remain with the Los Angeles Lakers next season, but his preference is believed to be to stay put and have the front office maximize their chances of upgrading the roster. 

"On LeBron, look, I can't sit here and really tell you I know what LeBron wants out of life," said Zach Lowe on his podcast after the trade deadline. "Everything I've heard for years, including today, is if he has his druthers, he would like to finish his career with the Lakers. There are pipe dream scenarios out there where, like, well, Philly has all this cap space, could he opt in and ask for a trade to Philly? I haven't heard that those things are real. I think he wants to finish his career a Laker. I think he probably will opt in. Is he really opting out of $51 million?"

Lowe adds that the situation would likely feel different had James and the Lakers not won the championship in 2020.

"If you talk to people around him, that title really changes the perception of how maybe feels about what this Lakers' run is and could be going forward," said Lowe.

Via Zach Lowe/ESPN

Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,890

Re: LeBron James Believed To Prefer To Spend Remainder Of Career With Lakers 

Post#2 » by Dennis 37 » Fri Feb 9, 2024 9:59 pm

So we make a story about about what people believe LeBron's preferences are. Why?

Each day passes we come to understand more and more how LeBron's presence is a detriment to not only his team, but the league. Why should we care for him more than any other player in the league?

We don't need these stories pushing the agenda that this guy is important. If he were important these types of stories would not be needed to keep him in the spotlight.

How about we hold off on stories until the next time the guy decides to play defense.
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,537

Post#3 » by The Laker Kid » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:39 am

How about his 2 airballs last night?
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,596

Post#4 » by SlimShady83 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:54 am

CRAP!
Unless I'm drinking and In the mood, I don't feed trolls.
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,285

Post#5 » by monopoman » Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:28 am

Trying to determine what LBJ will do is easier said than done since he typically never hints ahead of time. His move to LA and Miami weren't being heavily hinted at early on, crap the only one I can remember having a bit of a hint at was the return to the Cavs.

The only thing he has said is he wants to play with his son and I have a feeling if that kid is drafted to any team not named LA they likely have a very good shot of getting LBJ.
Sixers in 4
Pro Prospect
And1: 867

Post#6 » by Sixers in 4 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:46 pm

I mean Lebron has enough but why would he opt in? He could probably get another 150M out of the Lakers by opting out and signing an extension
BigGargamel
Analyst
And1: 7,338

Post#7 » by BigGargamel » Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:44 pm

monopoman wrote:Trying to determine what LBJ will do is easier said than done since he typically never hints ahead of time. His move to LA and Miami weren't being heavily hinted at early on, crap the only one I can remember having a bit of a hint at was the return to the Cavs.

The only thing he has said is he wants to play with his son and I have a feeling if that kid is drafted to any team not named LA they likely have a very good shot of getting LBJ.

Bronny is completely undraftable.
Melwing
Junior
And1: 49

Post#8 » by Melwing » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:40 pm

Dennis 37 wrote:So we make a story about about what people believe LeBron's preferences are. Why?

Each day passes we come to understand more and more how LeBron's presence is a detriment to not only his team, but the league. Why should we care for him more than any other player in the league?

We don't need these stories pushing the agenda that this guy is important. If he were important these types of stories would not be needed to keep him in the spotlight.

How about we hold off on stories until the next time the guy decides to play defense.

If you think LeBron is not important to the NBA, I struggle to understand how you manage to type so well at a keyboard and feed yourself daily.
t-rexCity
Junior
And1: 82

Post#9 » by t-rexCity » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:44 pm

Yup. That mid season celebration pretty much sums it up. That was just LOL
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,890

Post#10 » by Dennis 37 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:19 pm

Melwing wrote:
Dennis 37 wrote:So we make a story about about what people believe LeBron's preferences are. Why?

If you think LeBron is not important to the NBA, I struggle to understand how you manage to type so well at a keyboard and feed yourself daily.

Each day a greater number of non-Lakers fans grow tired of the blatant favoritism LeBron gets regarding foul calls and his ability to chew out the refs while never getting a tech.

I'm pretty sure LeBron could retire today and 95% of non-Lakers fans would say, "Good riddance."
Melwing
Junior
And1: 49

Post#11 » by Melwing » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:55 pm

I don't 100% disagree, but I would argue that's a problem with the officiating not with LeBron in particular. Embiid's foul situation this season is far worse than LeBron. Look it up, it's disgusting

Return to Wiretap Discussion