Kawhi Leonard Uncertain To Play In All-Star Game Due To Left Adductor Strain

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kawhi Leonard Uncertain To Play In All-Star Game Due To Left Adductor Strain 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:24 am

Ty Lue downplayed Kawhi Leonard's left adductor strain on Wednesday.

"I don't think it's that serious. He played through it last game, was experiencing some soreness in the hip, so when the game got out of reach we didn't bring him back in the fourth quarter to be smart about it," said Lue.

Leonard's status for this weekend's All-Star Game is uncertain.

Sources add that Leonard is still expected to go to Indianapolis for the weekend even if he does not play in the game. 

Via Kendra Andrews/ESPN

elmdawgg69
Veteran
And1: 82

Re: Kawhi Leonard Uncertain To Play In All-Star Game Due To Left Adductor Strain 

Post#2 » by elmdawgg69 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:01 pm

I don’t understand why someone like Kawhi or Lebron would even want to play in this worthless game. Do they get paid extra just for playing or something?

If I were in their shoes, I’d take my All Star bonus, make up some injury, and go on vacation for a week so I don’t make up some BS load management when it actually matters during the second half of the season.

Replace Kawhi with Sabonis or Dearon.

Lebron, Kawhi, Jaylen, Giannis, Lillard, Anthony Edwards are all hurt and should not be playing.
WiggOuts
Starter
And1: 1,366

Re: Kawhi Leonard Uncertain To Play In All-Star Game Due To Left Adductor Strain 

Post#3 » by WiggOuts » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:24 pm

elmdawgg69 wrote:I don’t understand why someone like Kawhi or Lebron would even want to play in this worthless game. Do they get paid extra just for playing or something?

If I were in their shoes, I’d take my All Star bonus, make up some injury, and go on vacation for a week so I don’t make up some BS load management when it actually matters during the second half of the season.

Lebron, Kawhi, Jaylen, Giannis, Lillard, Anthony Edwards are all hurt and should not be playing.

I think they're required to play if healthy. This must be Kawhi trying to get out of it.

But if you're not going to play, just give up the spot to someone else. I remember Jimmy did this a couple years ago and soneone (who was snubbed, can't remember who) complained about it
elmdawgg69
Veteran
And1: 82

Post#4 » by elmdawgg69 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:05 am

WiggOuts wrote:
elmdawgg69 wrote:I don’t understand why someone like Kawhi or Lebron would even want to play in this worthless game. Do they get paid extra just for playing or something?

I think they're required to play if healthy. This must be Kawhi trying to get out of it.

But if you're not going to play, just give up the spot to someone else. I remember Jimmy did this a couple years ago and soneone (who was snubbed, can't remember who) complained about it

Any player who misses the final game before the All Star Break has enough injury proof to not be healthy enough to play in the ASG.
circa70
Sophomore
And1: 34

Post#5 » by circa70 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:16 am

Looks like the beginning of the it’s not serious to out for season. The Clipper curse is undefeated
SirClutchKing
Freshman
And1: 25

Post#6 » by SirClutchKing » Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:33 am

No way. They did the same over Xmas new years, gave him two weeks off.
This just scheduled rest for sure.
Uncle Mxy
General Manager
And1: 1,945

Post#7 » by Uncle Mxy » Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:21 am

Kawhi's only uncertain to play on days that end in "y".
Ssj16
Junior
And1: 483

Post#8 » by Ssj16 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:56 am

If he misses his first game after the all star game due to this "injury", I call it the beginning of the end.

Return to Wiretap Discussion