Doc Rivers: I Don't Know If Bucks Can Win Title Today, When It's Time I Think That Answer Will Be Yes

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Doc Rivers: I Don't Know If Bucks Can Win Title Today, When It's Time I Think That Answer Will Be Yes 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:31 am

The Milwaukee Bucks have struggled to start the tenure of Doc Rivers as head coach, but they have picked up a pair of road wins coming out of the All-Star break at the Minnesota Timberwolves and Philadelphia 76ers.

Jon Horst believed Rivers was the right coach to help the Bucks achieve their ceiling compared to Adrian Griffin. 

"He had to jump on a moving train," a team source told ESPN. "And then help direct it."

"It's funny -- my friends at least, they're like, 'How you doing?'" Rivers said, putting on a concerned voice before breaking into a smile.

"And I'm like, 'I'm great. I'm happy. I love this team. The organization is solid, man, and we got a chance. Could we win a title today? I don't know. But when it's time, I think that answer will be yes."

Via Jamal Collier/ESPN

WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,663

Re: Doc Rivers: I Don't Know If Bucks Can Win Title Today, When It's Time I Think That Answer Will Be Yes 

Post#2 » by WaltFrazier » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:36 am

By "when it's time" does he mean this year's playoffs or some future season?
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
alienpick
Starter
And1: 619

Re: Doc Rivers: I Don't Know If Bucks Can Win Title Today, When It's Time I Think That Answer Will Be Yes 

Post#3 » by alienpick » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:33 am

WaltFrazier wrote:By "when it's time" does he mean this year's playoffs or some future season?

It's Doc Rivers. He's lining up his excuses already.
Roy T
Pro Prospect
And1: 847

Post#4 » by Roy T » Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:44 am

A train does not need no direction. Duh
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#5 » by Dewey » Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:51 pm

alienpick wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:By "when it's time" does he mean this year's playoffs or some future season?

It's Doc Rivers. He's lining up his excuses already.

Yup … he’s gotta make it look like he’s up against the world. What a joke
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
pilkoids
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,330

Post#6 » by pilkoids » Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:02 pm

Doc would make a great politician with these pre-made excuses all ready and lined up
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,757

Post#7 » by dougthonus » Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:57 pm

Yes, because as we all know, Doc raises his level of coaching in the playoffs. His teams have a rich history of starting slowly, building momentum, then killing it in the post season.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,734

Post#8 » by the_process » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:32 pm

This guy is a disaster. Thank you Milwaukee for picking up the tab so the Sixers don't have to pay him anymore!
puja21
Bench Warmer
And1: 187

Post#9 » by puja21 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:07 pm

dougthonus wrote:Yes, because as we all know, Doc raises his level of coaching in the playoffs. His teams have a rich history of starting slowly, building momentum, then killing it in the post season.

chuckle
WiggOuts
Starter
And1: 1,365

Post#10 » by WiggOuts » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:32 pm

Hes just saying the team has work to do if they want to win a chip and when the time come he expects them to be ready. Nothing wrong with this

Return to Wiretap Discussion