Re: LeBron James Starts 'Mind The Game' Podcast With J.J. Redick

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

LeBron James Starts 'Mind The Game' Podcast With J.J. Redick 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:13 pm

LeBron James is starting a basketball-centric podcast with J.J. Redick called "Mind the Game."

The duo is producing the new venture with their two companies, James’ Uninterrupted and Redick’s ThreeFourTwo Productions.

“I’m really proud of what we’ve done to innovate in sports media,” James said in a statement to The Athletic. “… When I do a project, the only thing I think about is whether me and my friends would watch it. That is definitely the case with ‘Mind the Game.’ Everything doesn’t need to be designed for internet culture and clicks.”

The concept of the program is meant to be a departure from talk shows like ESPN’s “First Take,” where Redick is a contributor. 

“It’s meant to be a very free-flowing conversation about the sport and about the game,” Redick said in a phone interview. “If you look at it in a very simplistic way, it’s just about basketball.”

Via Andrew Marchand/The Athletic

M2J
Starter
And1: 1,187

Post#2 » by M2J » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:26 pm

I wish there was no JJ, but this I'll watch for sure.

JJ is a busy guy, hopefully he's just producing it and not appearing so much :nod:
PerfectJab
Veteran
And1: 1,357

Post#3 » by PerfectJab » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:33 pm

M2J wrote:I wish there was no JJ, but this I'll watch for sure.

JJ is a busy guy, hopefully he's just producing it and not appearing so much :nod:

What's wrong with JJ? I find his commentary to be insightful and honest.
imDatknicksTape
Pro Prospect
And1: 361

Post#4 » by imDatknicksTape » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:25 pm

PerfectJab wrote:

exactly, that brother is boring as hell. We dont want to hear JJ talk like a nerd on Tv nor podcast.
Phila Tough
Head Coach
And1: 2,861

Post#5 » by Phila Tough » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:52 pm

two great basketball minds. I'll be listening for sure
PerfectJab
Veteran
And1: 1,357

Post#6 » by PerfectJab » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:04 pm

imDatknicksTape wrote:
PerfectJab wrote:

exactly, that brother is boring as hell. We dont want to hear JJ talk like a nerd on Tv nor podcast.

So you're more of a Screaming A Smith type of type of person. I don't want to hear the opinion of someone that I don't respect and whos arguments are based on bias, hyperbole and what will give the network views. Actually looking for analysis from someone that actually understands the game which JJ seems to have.
Jabroni Lames
Analyst
And1: 3,908

Post#7 » by Jabroni Lames » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:46 pm

Is JJ going to ask Lebron about the increasingly louder steroid allegations?

It's the biggest story in the NBA, but notice how nobody in the mainstream media will even touch that story. Not even Skip Bayless or any of the hot-take shows, like Gilbert Arenas.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,590

Post#8 » by HiRez » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:52 pm

LeBron is an expert on mind games, so the title is perfect.
beefymajesto
Ballboy
And1: 8

Post#9 » by beefymajesto » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:09 pm

Jabroni Lames wrote:Is JJ going to ask Lebron about the increasingly louder steroid allegations?

It's the biggest story in the NBA, but notice how nobody in the mainstream media will even touch that story. Not even Skip Bayless or any of the hot-take shows, like Gilbert Arenas.

Lebron is big but he isn't f'n John Cena or Rock big, that's steroids. Lebron is loaded and probably just has every tool and advisor out there to make sure he's at optimum within the rules.
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#10 » by J-Mezzy » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:49 pm

I find JJ to be arrogant so I don’t necessarily enjoy him

But I’ll give this a shot
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,734

Re: Re: LeBron James Starts 'Mind The Game' Podcast With J.J. Redick 

Post#11 » by the_process » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:50 pm

Oversaturated marketplace, but Bron has stans who will listen to him. JJ is overly deferential to his former fellow players, his talk with Ben Simmons was gag inducing.

Seems like a mediocre attempt for an advertising cash grab to me. Pass.
RipCityKJ
Senior
And1: 205

Post#12 » by RipCityKJ » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:04 pm

imDatknicksTape wrote:
PerfectJab wrote:

If it’s anything like The Shop then all topics will lead back to the almighty LeBron who has the answer and it’s the final one.
Bad Bart
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#13 » by Bad Bart » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:48 pm

beefymajesto wrote:
Jabroni Lames wrote:Is JJ going to ask Lebron about the increasingly louder steroid allegations?

Lebron is big but he isn't f'n John Cena or Rock big, that's steroids. Lebron is loaded and probably just has every tool and advisor out there to make sure he's at optimum within the rules.

Hahaha! Lance Armstrong should have been Arnold Schwarzenegger off of everything he was taking. There are PED's specific to every activity and Bron is using all of them.

By the way, it's really not the players fault, the league encourages it. No off season testing, advance warning for most tests and they have a rule in place that allows athletes to flat out miss 2 to 3 tests with no retest and no consequence. We're talking a few million dollars involved in the lowest level NBA player, they have every incentive to do everything they can to stay in the league.
beefymajesto
Ballboy
And1: 8

Post#14 » by beefymajesto » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:39 am

Bad Bart wrote:
beefymajesto wrote:

Hahaha! Lance Armstrong should have been Arnold Schwarzenegger off of everything he was taking. There are PED's specific to every activity and Bron is using all of them.

By the way, it's really not the players fault, the league encourages it. No off season testing, advance warning for most tests and they have a rule in place that allows athletes to flat out miss 2 to 3 tests with no retest and no consequence. We're talking a few million dollars involved in the lowest level NBA player, they have every incentive to do everything they can to stay in the league.
Well if its just an unspoken part of the nba seems fine, as long as it's abused by all its an even field.

Thought Lance was blood transfusions but going to assume it was a mixture of illegal techniques and steroids were in there.
haste10176
Bench Warmer
And1: 142

Post#15 » by haste10176 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:23 am

Bad Bart wrote:
beefymajesto wrote:

You make a statement he is using them with zero proof.. Then you also make a statement that pretty much all the league would be using them with no proof.. Lebron defo doesnt look hulked out at all so what specifically are you claiming he is using and what does it do?
Hans1984
Pro Prospect
And1: 317

Post#16 » by Hans1984 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:04 am

Just what the world needs. Another podcast...

Return to Wiretap Discussion