Lonzo Ball Received Meniscus Transplant, Hopeful Of Playing Next Season

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 301

Lonzo Ball Received Meniscus Transplant, Hopeful Of Playing Next Season 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat May 25, 2024 3:16 am

Lonzo Ball revealed part of his recovery from his knee injury suffered in January 2022 has included undergoing a meniscus transplant from a donor.

Ball's injury dates back to when he tore his meniscus in 2018."There was no more meniscus left and bone on bone was rubbing," Ball said. "The cartilage was gone and the bone was messed up, so I had to get a new meniscus from a donor. I had to get a bone allograft and I had to get some new cartilage put in as well."

Ball underwent cartilage transplant surgery in March 2023, a third surgery on his left knee in the span of a year. 

Ball is optimistic that he will be ready to play at the start of the 2024-25 season.

"I firmly believe that," Ball said. "That's the plan that I'm on and I haven't had any setbacks. I expect to play the first game."

Via Jamal Collier/ESPN

Roy T
Rookie
And1: 988

Re: Lonzo Ball Received Meniscus Transplant, Hopeful Of Playing Next Season 

Post#2 » by Roy T » Sat May 25, 2024 5:13 am

You're a cripple mane. Face the harsh reality...

If I am the Hornets I trade his brother ASAP
meatwad4343
Bench Warmer
And1: 367

Post#3 » by meatwad4343 » Sat May 25, 2024 6:58 am

Yeah that entire family is made of glass lol. I would be surprised if he plays this year and whenever he does play he's most likely going to be a shell of what he was. If I'm the hornets I'd probably move lamelo, seems like he's going down the same route. That ball DNA is extremely fragile.
brooklynbrawler
Junior
And1: 352

Post#4 » by brooklynbrawler » Sat May 25, 2024 8:21 am

I didn’t even know this was possible but if you ever need it Jalen Brunson, you can have my meniscus
Please........... no more
hauntedcomputer
Veteran
And1: 4,443

Post#5 » by hauntedcomputer » Sat May 25, 2024 12:34 pm

Unfortunately, the donor was Brandon Roy
+++
Schadenfreude is undefeated.
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 4,081

Post#6 » by Cassius » Sat May 25, 2024 4:12 pm

hauntedcomputer wrote:Unfortunately, the donor was Brandon Roy

Lmao that’s terrible. I was about to say that at this point, he needs to call Orochimaru.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,815

Post#7 » by closg00 » Sat May 25, 2024 7:04 pm

Welcome to Chicago Isaiah Collier
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,268

Post#8 » by Pickled Prunes » Sat May 25, 2024 7:30 pm

brooklynbrawler wrote:I didn’t even know this was possible but if you ever need it Jalen Brunson, you can have my meniscus

:lol:
They would take the meniscus from a cadaver. My brother has a dead man's achilles! Frankenstein's Monster is real people! :o
Hoop Hunter
Sixth Man
And1: 1,758

Post#9 » by Hoop Hunter » Sat May 25, 2024 8:33 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:
brooklynbrawler wrote:I didn’t even know this was possible but if you ever need it Jalen Brunson, you can have my meniscus

They would take the meniscus from a cadaver. My brother has a dead man's achilles! Frankenstein's Monster is real people! :o

I have cadaver bones in my neck, in two different places from bone fusion surgeries.

Somebody once asked me were they get the bones from. I told them I had to pick up a homeless guy on the way to the hospital. Their stupid @ss believed me at first. :lol:
Rek
Senior
And1: 141

Post#10 » by Rek » Sun May 26, 2024 6:03 pm

Hoop Hunter wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:

I have cadaver bones in my neck, in two different places from bone fusion surgeries.

Somebody once asked me were they get the bones from. I told them I had to pick up a homeless guy on the way to the hospital. Their stupid @ss believed me at first. :lol:

Same here for 22 years now - double fusion C4 through C6 and has been rock solid.

Return to Wiretap Discussion