David Ortiz reported to the Boston Red Sox on Tuesday and says he's not pressing as he enters the final year of his contract.
"There's no hurry with it," the 38-year-old said. "The fact that I want another year is something normal between us players.
"I've said many times and I will continue saying it: Boston is where I want to end my career. The team knows it."
Ortiz told WEEI.com last month that he was hoping to reach an extension with the Red Sox to avoid talks about a potential deal becoming a distraction during the season.