David Wright Determined For Comeback

Moderator: TyCobb

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

David Wright Determined For Comeback 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:12 am

After undergoing his third major surgery in three years in October, David Wright made it clear that he intends to continue working toward a comeback with the Mets.

Three months later, and with spring training now in sight, the only thing that’s changed is that Wright’s determination to see his comeback bid through has grown stronger.

Via Yahoo.com

Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Re: David Wright Determined For Comeback 

Post#2 » by Barcs » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:28 pm

I feel like this ship has sailed. I loved Wright when he was healthy and he has a great attitude and is a team leader, but he's a shell of his former self and can randomly just not make any given game. He can't be used as a reliable starter, he'd have to be part time bench player, which I'm ok with, I just don't want to see him forced to be a starter when he can't handle it. Spinal stenosis is no joke, he's gotta work 10 times harder than everyone else just to play a single game.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Re: David Wright Determined For Comeback 

Post#3 » by bringinhinkie » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:54 pm

Barcs wrote:I feel like this ship has sailed. I loved Wright when he was healthy and he has a great attitude and is a team leader, but he's a shell of his former self and can randomly just not make any given game. He can't be used as a reliable starter, he'd have to be part time bench player, which I'm ok with, I just don't want to see him forced to be a starter when he can't handle it. Spinal stenosis is no joke, he's gotta work 10 times harder than everyone else just to play a single game.

poor guy.. mets medical staff is a joke.. cutting guys open like its going out of style

and yep, spinal stenosis is no friggin joke

awesome player in his prime

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion