Anthony Rizzo Wants Fewer Games: 'We Play Too Much'

Moderator: TyCobb

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Anthony Rizzo Wants Fewer Games: 'We Play Too Much' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:00 pm

Anthony Rizzo believes the Major League Baseball season should be shorter, even if that means less money for players.

"I think we play too much baseball," Rizzo said. "Yes, guys are going to take pay cuts. But are we playing this game for the money or do we love this game? I know it's both, but in the long run it will make everything better."

Rizzo believes a transition period with guaranteed contracts could be worked out, perhaps "grandfathering" them into a new system with new contracts reflecting fewer games played.

"Once you start taking money from guys, that's where it's going to be a little more dicey," he said.

Via Jesse Rogers/ESPN

King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Re: Anthony Rizzo Wants Fewer Games: 'We Play Too Much' 

Post#2 » by King of Canada » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:15 pm

They should have fewer games but have a real playoffs. Baseball playoffs is a joke.
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#3 » by The_Hater » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:52 pm

King of Canada wrote:They should have fewer games but have a real playoffs. Baseball playoffs is a joke.

I actually think there are too many teams in the MLB playoffs already. The MLB playoffs is the biggest crapshoot of all the sports, the best baseball teams is always determined over 162 games. Expanding the playoffs would just add more teams to the crapshoot and increasing the likelihood of an undeserved team winning the series.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#4 » by King of Canada » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:42 pm

The_Hater wrote:
King of Canada wrote:They should have fewer games but have a real playoffs. Baseball playoffs is a joke.

I actually think there are too many teams in the MLB playoffs already. The MLB playoffs is the biggest crapshoot of all the sports, the best baseball teams is always determined over 162 games. Expanding the playoffs would just add more teams to the crapshoot and increasing the likelihood of an undeserved team winning the series.

But couldn't you say the same thing of all but a handful of teams in every single sport? Imagine if the NBA only had the top four teams. You'd never see a lot of the great playoff battles or performances throughout the years? Plus it would help build the fanbases in some cities. Making the playoffs 100% has an impact on ticket sales and other areas of revenue. It's such a no brainer.
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
Spicy P
RealGM
And1: 5,859

Post#5 » by Spicy P » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:54 pm

Play too much my ass. You guys spend the majority of your time sitting or standing.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#6 » by The_Hater » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:40 pm

King of Canada wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

But couldn't you say the same thing of all but a handful of teams in every single sport? Imagine if the NBA only had the top four teams. You'd never see a lot of the great playoff battles or performances throughout the years? Plus it would help build the fanbases in some cities. Making the playoffs 100% has an impact on ticket sales and other areas of revenue. It's such a no brainer.

Baseball is very differenot, the best baseball teams still lose 40% of the time which is far more often than the best teams in the other major sports, so if we open up the playoffs to more teams anyone could end up on top. And teams that have been the worst team entering the playoffs have won the WS. That’s why the regular season does a better job of determining the best MLB team and the playoffs should only invite the elite teams.

In the NBA we already know that at least 14/16 NBA playoff teams have literally no chance of winning the title before we even play the games. Last season that number 15/16.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion