Lasorda On V. Stiviano: 'I Hope She Gets Hit With A Car'

Moderator: TyCobb

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Lasorda On V. Stiviano: 'I Hope She Gets Hit With A Car' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu May 8, 2014 12:22 pm

Tommy Lasorda, who has known embattled Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling for years, was recently asked several questions about the situation.

Sterling was fined $2.5 million and banned from the NBA for making racist remarks. V. Stiviano, Sterling's girlfriend, reportedly tried to extort money from him in exchange for the recording of his comments.

"It doesn't surprise me that he said those things. And he shouldn't have said it," Lasorda told a Florida television station.

Lasorda's stance then took a drastic turn.

Based on his tone, Lasorda was not joking when he said, "I don't wish that girl any bad luck, but I hope she gets hit with a car."

Via Mike Axisa/CBS Sports

devinbrady
Junior
And1: 145

Re: Lasorda On V. Stiviano: 'I Hope She Gets Hit With A Car' 

Post#2 » by devinbrady » Thu May 8, 2014 6:04 pm

Come on Tommy. The days of free speech are over.
kNiCk_PriDe
Assistant Coach
And1: 86

Re: Lasorda On V. Stiviano: 'I Hope She Gets Hit With A Car' 

Post#3 » by kNiCk_PriDe » Thu May 8, 2014 6:36 pm

What you and a lot of other people dont understand is that this isn't about free speech. He didn't break any laws. The government is not whats prosecuting him. When you are a part of a huge business entity such as the NBA, your actions and the things you say are held to a higher standard. Thats the case with most jobs. You're telling me there aren't things you can't say at your job that wouldnt otherwise be illegal? So stop bringing up this free speech bs. The NBA is a business and Sterling's actions hurt their image and earning potential. period. That's all this is about.
~kNiCk PriDe~

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion